• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kansas City May Open Carry gathering

mobodyguard

So, i guess i will get things going. I dont know if were not having a gathering this month cause May is here already and no one has said anything. So if we are, we need to find a city and a place to meet within this city.

Any suggestions?

Thomas Masse

I have been busy with finals these last few weeks but I have been looking forward to the May meeting. I'll be there. We just need a place.

ChiangShih

Yep, I've been busy with finals and summer enrollment as well. I'm down for a may meet. What did we have in mind?

kcgunfan

How the city of Liberty. someone that goes to Liberty a lot can suggest a place to meet.

Well, I'm up by there. First things first, Clay County has no weapons ordinances at all, and Liberty is silent as to open carrying. So, it's all good.

Used to be that there were a bunch of historic restaurants up by the county courthouse, like the Hardware Cafe. I think all of them are closed now.

It pretty much has all of the chains you'd expect out by 152 and I-435, Steak and Shake, Panera, Pizza Shoppe, McDonalds, 54th Street, Corner Cafe, Red Robin.

I don't know that anyone has anything posted, but I can certainly scout, once we limit the list.

To get something a little special, you need to go on 281 S of 152 to The Dish Pizza. That's really good pizza (although I'm quite partial to Pizza Shoppe also...)

This is also the county seat for Clay county, so there might be some photo ops also.

ChiangShih

Yeah the usual time is second Saturdays at 4PM, but if there is a better time or day to ensure maximum turnout I don't mind changing it up a bit. Whatever works best for the greatest number of people.

mobodyguard

i started this tread and just found out i will not be able to be there my sister is graduating this Saturday in St Louis.

See you all next month or if someone else wants to do something at a different date let me know

ChiangShih

well lets adjust the date so we can get jim and bodyguard out this month.

NG19

How about Friday night around 5:30 or 6. It gives everyone time to go home and get changed from work or even 7. That is when I could make it. My brother-in-law is graduating on Saturday in the jeff area. How does that work for everyone else?

kcgunfan

Friday's are fine with me too. Then I can stay longer at the Zoo on Saturday. Keep in mind that people could live 30-45 minutes away pretty easily. So I'd probably go with something like 6:30.