Thread: The Card

The Card

To StogieC and those in charge,

We want membership cards. I don't know how much your average donation is, but I'm certainly willing to Paypal up if I were to get a little Bravo Sierra membership card that allowed me to identify myself as one of yours.

You would have multiple benefits: mailing lists, money, and many members (you have no idea of the power of the card).

We'd get something in return: when someone at the range (or another forum) shows their NRA card, we can tell them "we've got something better," and we can Pull your card. A discourse can then ensue, convincing can take place, and membership will grow exponentially.

You can print them on your inkjet and hand-sign the first thousand (I want mine hand-signed); we can laminate them ourselves.

I give 35 bucks a year to the ACLU, and about the same to the NRA. I pay upward of 250 to the FL Bar. None of these stick up for my rights like you have and like you continue to do.

A card (names and logo in the front, creed in the back) would give us an identity and a heightened sense of belonging. It would give you better organization in the differing districts, and maybe even sub-organizations that could politicize and even help to legislate.

Give me a $#!++y card and I'll give you a decent donation every year. I'm certain that others agree.

The card and the window sticker are coming... Just have to be a sustaining member or higher to get it. We are getting the printer online for them fairly soon.

Quote Originally Posted by StogieC View Post
    The card and the window sticker are coming... Just have to be a sustaining member or higher to get it. We are getting the printer online for them fairly soon.
    These are beautiful things. StogieC: when the college pays me on Friday, and I get the "executive" membership on Saturday, would I be able to count on a card once you get that printer up and running?

And whom can I call on Glenlivet-laden Friday afternoons to complain that "my card hasn't arrived and I want my human rights? When's that printer arriving? Is that a printer I hear back there?"

Let us know, StogieC. Membership has its privileges and right now Florida Carry (despite the iPad unfriendly website) is about to take the mantle from the NRA. NRA is akin to compromise.
    When my wife or I run, we will list Florida Carry membership just before we list NRA. So what if they give us a B rating?

Looking forward to joining this weekend. Looking forward to harassing someone about my card. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo712 View Post
    These are beautiful things. StogieC: when the college pays me on Friday, and I get the "executive" membership on Saturday, would I be able to count on a card once you get that printer up and running?

And whom can I call on Glenlivet-laden Friday afternoons to complain that "my card hasn't arrived and I want my human rights? When's that printer arriving? Is that a printer I hear back there?"

Let us know, StogieC. Membership has its privileges and right now Florida Carry (despite the iPad unfriendly website) is about to take the mantle from the NRA. NRA is akin to compromise.
    When my wife or I run, we will list Florida Carry membership just before we list NRA. So what if they give us a B rating?

Looking forward to joining this weekend. Looking forward to harassing someone about my card. Lol
    And, in case you're into bling, we're also gearing up with FC hats, shirts, cups, etc.!
    Rich
    MSgt, USAF Ret.
    Executive Director
    Florida Carry, Inc.
    www.floridacarry.org
    Glock 23 RTF2
    Mosin Nagant M91/30 (1942 Izhevsk)

Quote Originally Posted by StogieC View Post
    Yes yes!. I think I'm a sustaining. At least that's what it says next to my posts over there.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Magnificent. Joined today. I'll be requesting the bling card in a couple of weeks.