• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone notice what the news is saying?

VW_Factor

Some years ago..

Osama Bin Laden's name was pronounced just that way... Ummm..

The media is really really really staying away from saying Osama Bin Laden, and just hanging with the Bin Laden portion.

I've also noticed that when they show the text its Usama Bin Laden, however I've yet to hear anyone utter the name Osama...

Just something I've noticed this evening..

Carry on. Here is a dancing banana..
:banana:

And
oj3qx.png

HKcarrier

This may explain SOME of your question....

QmjoV.png

:lol:

Also, major lulz for "abbotabad place to hide"

Last edited:

sfmiller08

Some years ago..

Osama Bin Laden's name was pronounced just that way... Ummm..

The media is really really really staying away from saying Osama Bin Laden, and just hanging with the Bin Laden portion.

I've also noticed that when they show the text its Usama Bin Laden, however I've yet to hear anyone utter the name Osama...

Just something I've noticed this evening..

Carry on. Here is a dancing banana..
:banana:

And
oj3qx.png

I think its because several news channels and other shows have said Obama is dead instead of Osama, so they just stick with Bin Laden so they do not accidentally say the Presidents name.

Jack House

[video=youtube;mMP7Ys57ha4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMP7Ys57ha4[/video]
[video=youtube;AUFWaYQk6Mg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUFWaYQk6Mg[/video]
[video=youtube;-Qhvo9N40uQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qhvo9N40uQ[/video]

The last one is the best one. ;)

William Fisher

I think its because several news channels and other shows have said Obama is dead instead of Osama, so they just stick with Bin Laden so they do not accidentally say the Presidents name.

I think I heard O'Reilly make that mistake, but he immediately corrected hisself.

VW_Factor

I understand that, perhaps.. However aren't news anchors supposed to be good at speaking? Hell, even the CGI departments avoided the name altogether.. Thats ******* lazy as I look at it.