Thread: Temporary Carry Permit Process Legislation to be Considered

Temporary Carry Permit Process Legislation to be Considered

A little late notice...

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=6714
    On Tuesday, May 3, at 12:00 pm in Room 2B of the Legislative Office Building, the Joint Judiciary Committee will hold a public hearing on Senate Bill 967.

SB 967 would create a uniform statewide process for the issuance of a temporary state permit to carry a pistol or revolver. Currently, some local police departments are requesting additional information from applicants which is not required under Connecticut law. This arbitrary practice has led to a backlog of temporary carry permits forcing applicants to wait beyond the eight week approval period as required by law.

This bill has already been reported out of the Public Safety Committee by a 23 to 1 vote (with one absent) and the Planning & Development Committee by a 20 to 0 vote (with one absent), so it is important that members of the Judiciary Committee hear from you today.

Please contact the members of the Joint Judiciary Committee here and respectfully urge them to support SB 967!

Interesting.

Some of my information from the suitability study was requested for this purpose, but I had no idea the hearing was coming up.

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

They never voted on it, it's dead.
    Last edited by brk913; 05-05-2011 at 10:14 PM.

I didn't think they would when the previous weeks events happened. I saw someone the same day of the "testimony" day. He said it was happening and I had mentioned I was watching CT-N and there were TOO MANY caucus meetings and press conferences over the budget.

Until we have suitability, having everything written down in law would be nice.

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.