• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Temporary Carry Permit Process Legislation to be Considered

Rich B

A little late notice...

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=6714 said:
On Tuesday, May 3, at 12:00 pm in Room 2B of the Legislative Office Building, the Joint Judiciary Committee will hold a public hearing on Senate Bill 967.

SB 967 would create a uniform statewide process for the issuance of a temporary state permit to carry a pistol or revolver. Currently, some local police departments are requesting additional information from applicants which is not required under Connecticut law. This arbitrary practice has led to a backlog of temporary carry permits forcing applicants to wait beyond the eight week approval period as required by law.

This bill has already been reported out of the Public Safety Committee by a 23 to 1 vote (with one absent) and the Planning & Development Committee by a 20 to 0 vote (with one absent), so it is important that members of the Judiciary Committee hear from you today.

Please contact the members of the Joint Judiciary Committee here and respectfully urge them to support SB 967!

KIX

Interesting.

Some of my information from the suitability study was requested for this purpose, but I had no idea the hearing was coming up.

Jonathan

KIX

I didn't think they would when the previous weeks events happened. I saw someone the same day of the "testimony" day. He said it was happening and I had mentioned I was watching CT-N and there were TOO MANY caucus meetings and press conferences over the budget.

Until we have suitability, having everything written down in law would be nice.

Jonathan