Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man Attacks Cops At Sears With Weed Whacker

Deleted
    Last edited by OC for ME; 06-16-2011 at 04:08 PM.

Typical procedure to include every charge they can think of. The weapon charge may well be dropped later on when it is realized it will not fly. Or as a bargaining chip to get the guy to accept a plea agreement.

stay safe.

We should now seek to force Weed Whacker owners/operators to conceal those evil devices when they leave their home. We should further dictate some form of retention-device for those carrying WW's, in order to prevent some criminal from coming along and trying to take and use it.
    When carried in their car, WW owners should have to secure them in a lockable container inside the trunk, and/or keep the spool of line separate from the Whacker at all times.
    It goes without saying, that we should prohibit the carry/use of Weed Whackers on any campus or educational facilities.
    Also, we should prohibit the purchase/sale/transfer of any WW's between States.
    And, we should require that all WW owners be fingerprinted, undergo a background check, a psych-eval, and bring a letter from their Rabbi/Priest/Pastor/Shaman attesting to the good nature of the Whackee...

well,,,

dont forget the concealed wacker permit.
    it should be MAY issue and require strict training requirements.
    and a required, duty to notify.
    i also dont think they should be covered by state preemption,
    each community is unique, and should use their own standards to allow
    individual ownership, or not.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by j4l View Post
    We should now seek to force Weed Whacker owners/operators to conceal those evil devices when they leave their home. We should further dictate some form of retention-device for those carrying WW's, in order to prevent some criminal from coming along and trying to take and use it.
    When carried in their car, WW owners should have to secure them in a lockable container inside the trunk, and/or keep the spool of line separate from the Whacker at all times.
    It goes without saying, that we should prohibit the carry/use of Weed Whackers on any campus or educational facilities.
    Also, we should prohibit the purchase/sale/transfer of any WW's between States.
    And, we should require that all WW owners be fingerprinted, undergo a background check, a psych-eval, and bring a letter from their Rabbi/Priest/Pastor/Shaman attesting to the good nature of the Whackee...
    See, I don't think that. I think it is the individual's right to own and operate a WW and having/carrying/using it shouldn't be regulated.

Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    See, I don't think that. I think it is the individual's right to own and operate a WW and having/carrying/using it shouldn't be regulated.
    Well, HOLY ****!! we gots us one o' them RADICALS!! How DARE you assume to have some say in this matter, you UPPITY citizen/slave!! This is exactly the sort of fellow we'd best put in his place before his evil words and thoughts corrupt the minds and activities of other radicals who get some crazy ideas about getting UPPITY themselves!

Well, HOLY ****!! we gots us one o' them RADICALS!! How DARE you assume to have some say in this matter, you UPPITY citizen/slave!! This is exactly the sort of fellow we'd best put in his place before his evil words and thoughts corrupt the minds and activities of other radicals who get some crazy ideas about getting UPPITY themselves!
    I think you ment CIVILIAN/slave. Citizen and slave don't go together just like citizen/civilian don't go together.

Founder's Club Member
    Not sure I like where this thread is going.

Banned
    Was it an "assault weed whacker"? What color was it painted? Did it have automatic feed? Or do you have to rack...er...rap it to feed more ammo?

Was the cop a weed? If so, wouldn't whacking the cop with it be the intended purpose of the tool?

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Was it an "assault weed whacker"? What color was it painted? Did it have automatic feed? Or do you have to rack...er...rap it to feed more ammo?

Was the cop a weed? If so, wouldn't whacking the cop with it be the intended purpose of the tool?
    I bet the end was painted neon orange.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I bet the end was painted neon orange.
    Oh, man. I'd better rush out and buy a bunch of WW's while I can still get them with pistol grips and bayonet studs.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Oh, man. I'd better rush out and buy a bunch of WW's while I can still get them with pistol grips and bayonet studs.
    Ha!

I actually kind of miss Leonard, he did have his own style and ways of doing things. He pushed the boundaries of what others thought acceptable and I respect that. Didn't necessarily always agree tho.
    Last edited by sudden valley gunner; 05-03-2011 at 11:30 PM.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

well,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    can you still get them with the , thing on the back, that goes up?
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Since it whacks more than one weed each time one pulls the trigger, doesn't that qualify it as an assault weed-whacking weapon?

Awww...
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Lmao. Keep em comin, only thing keeping me sane,at the moment.

BATFEWW: Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, Explosives and Weed Whackers.

Personally, I"m just wondering if it had one of those "high capacity" spools... you know, the extra long ones... I know that you can take out at least 2x the amount of weeds with those things before having to change out a spool...

Also, child-safety locks. Im proposing legislation that would require manufacturers of ALL WW's made/imported into, the US to have multiple safeties AND key-based locking mechanism.

Furher, we must work towards closing any Home Improvement/Garden Center loopholes that will allow folks to purchase these WWs at low prices (ie: Saturday Afternoon Specials) or in large quantities without full background checks, psych evals, and permission slips from their wives.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HKcarrier View Post
    Personally, I"m just wondering if it had one of those "high capacity" spools... you know, the extra long ones... I know that you can take out at least 2x the amount of weeds with those things before having to change out a spool...
    It shouldn't matter. I keep several spare magazines of string fully loaded and can change them faster than you can draw your WW with its 30-yd mag.

You wanna try me? Go ahead; make my day.

*twirls his pearl-handled WWs and holsters them*

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Hold on now....how does interstate commerce come into play on this? You folks in California will have to OC your weed whacker without the spool attached. You folks in Illinois will need to get a WWOID card. How about all those "may issue" states? What about all those professional lawn service companies that have employees with questionable immigration status, how will this impact those companies? Will I need to get my employer to give me permission to keep my weed whacker in my truck while I am at work?

I ran into a Birmingham cop who tried to arrest me for violating -52. When it was pointed out that the courts would never convict on -52, he arrested me for DC.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    It shouldn't matter. I keep several spare magazines of string fully loaded and can change them faster than you can draw your WW with its 30-yd mag.

You wanna try me? Go ahead; make my day.

*twirls his pearl-handled WWs and holsters them*

Well you better watch out because I OC my WW so my draw is SUPER fast, -AND- I carry a BUWW incase I have a starting issue... I've had some carb work done too... makes that thing scream with just a tiny squeeze of the trigger...

Quote Originally Posted by HKcarrier View Post
    Well you better watch out because I OC my WW so my draw is SUPER fast, -AND- I carry a BUWW incase I have a starting issue... I've had some carb work done too... makes that thing scream with just a tiny squeeze of the trigger...
    Ya,but does yours have the laser-aiming module?

I understand that everyone here has the right to an opinion, but like what was said:

If you regulate WWs it will only make it harder for the honest man to get one. They're already out there and the only way to make the problem better would be to educate people on how dangerous they really are.

And larger capacity spools do have a lawful purpose (sporting competitions, recreation), and detachable box spools (clips) just make them more user friendly when you need to put a lot of string down lawn.

But maybe I'm just naive and think that law abiding citizens can sometimes need a WW.

Banned
    Ya,but does yours have the laser-aiming module?
    Hold it! Hold it! Hold it!!!

You may have something here!

It really is hard to judge where those things are going to cut. Some kind of laser guide would actually be useful on a WW! Maybe the string itself could be fiber optic?

Sorry to take the thread off-topic to discuss an idea that actually has merit. Feel free to resume the entertaining inanity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast