• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man Attacks Cops At Sears With Weed Whacker

eye95

Hold on now....how does interstate commerce come into play on this? You folks in California will have to OC your weed whacker without the spool attached. You folks in Illinois will need to get a WWOID card. How about all those "may issue" states? What about all those professional lawn service companies that have employees with questionable immigration status, how will this impact those companies? Will I need to get my employer to give me permission to keep my weed whacker in my truck while I am at work?

:shocker:

I ran into a Birmingham cop who tried to arrest me for violating -52. When it was pointed out that the courts would never convict on -52, he arrested me for DC.

HKcarrier

It shouldn't matter. I keep several spare magazines of string fully loaded and can change them faster than you can draw your WW with its 30-yd mag.

You wanna try me? Go ahead; make my day.

*twirls his pearl-handled WWs and holsters them*

Well you better watch out because I OC my WW so my draw is SUPER fast, -AND- I carry a BUWW incase I have a starting issue... I've had some carb work done too... makes that thing scream with just a tiny squeeze of the trigger...

j4l

Well you better watch out because I OC my WW so my draw is SUPER fast, -AND- I carry a BUWW incase I have a starting issue... I've had some carb work done too... makes that thing scream with just a tiny squeeze of the trigger...

Ya,but does yours have the laser-aiming module?

09jisaac

I understand that everyone here has the right to an opinion, but like what was said:

If you regulate WWs it will only make it harder for the honest man to get one. They're already out there and the only way to make the problem better would be to educate people on how dangerous they really are.

And larger capacity spools do have a lawful purpose (sporting competitions, recreation), and detachable box spools (clips) just make them more user friendly when you need to put a lot of string down lawn.

But maybe I'm just naive and think that law abiding citizens can sometimes need a WW.

eye95

Ya,but does yours have the laser-aiming module?

Hold it! Hold it! Hold it!!!

You may have something here!

It really is hard to judge where those things are going to cut. Some kind of laser guide would actually be useful on a WW! Maybe the string itself could be fiber optic?

Sorry to take the thread off-topic to discuss an idea that actually has merit. Feel free to resume the entertaining inanity.

eye95

I understand that everyone here has the right to an opinion, but like what was said:

If you regulate WWs it will only make it harder for the honest man to get one. They're already out there and the only way to make the problem better would be to educate people on how dangerous they really are.

And larger capacity spools do have a lawful purpose (sporting competitions, recreation), and detachable box spools (clips) just make them more user friendly when you need to put a lot of string down lawn.

But maybe I'm just naive and think that law abiding citizens can sometimes need a WW.

We don't need WWs anymore. We have well-equipped forces of people specially trained in the use of WWs and their bigger cousins. We should leave the use of these dangerous tools to those professionals.

Daylen

We don't need WWs anymore. We have well-equipped forces of people specially trained in the use of WWs and their bigger cousins. We should leave the use of these dangerous tools to those professionals.

As with all activities, leave it to the professionals. Amateurs in any activity just aren't qualified.

Right?

HKcarrier

Look, I work for a property management company (read landscaping) and I can't tell you how often we come across these wannabes trying to save the day in their back yards... the weeds come creeping towards the back door and these people just grab their WW and start going to town on them... then they just claim self defense... well let me tell you, it's crazy... they don't even use safety glasses... some use the WW in shorts or even sandals... it's craziness.. they don't take into account the damage they can do to the neighbor's lawn, or the stray pieces of string that come from banging it on the pavement to get more string out...

As a professoinal, I don't need all daryl and his other brother daryl out there trying to do this stuff for themselves...

Leave it to the pros....

45acpForMe

Look, I work for a property management company (read landscaping) and I can't tell you how often we come across these wannabes trying to save the day in their back yards... the weeds come creeping towards the back door and these people just grab their WW and start going to town on them... then they just claim self defense... well let me tell you, it's crazy... they don't even use safety glasses... some use the WW in shorts or even sandals... it's craziness.. they don't take into account the damage they can do to the neighbor's lawn, or the stray pieces of string that come from banging it on the pavement to get more string out...

As a professoinal, I don't need all daryl and his other brother daryl out there trying to do this stuff for themselves...

Leave it to the pros....

They need to implement microstamping on the string so we can identify who's weed whacker it was and whether it was properly registered. No internet sales of spools and you'll have to show your id to buy the new microstamped spools so they can track it.

And the bad timing of this incident is obvious since Walmart just started carrying weed whackers in 1/3 of their stores again. It might be a conspiracy!

(Personally I see no need for a vertical grip on any WW!) :lol:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Have you seen those new non-string modules you can attach? They thread right on the the end of the long skinny part, and it's like a whirlwind of spinning swords! What kind of psychopath would want to own that?

resize

POLYCUTS.jpg

change-eater-21-pushmower-blade-800x800.jpg

flail-trimmer-head-with-3-steel-blades.jpg

It'll be the Wild Wild Suburbs! People will hack each other to pieces over simple arguments! The streets will flow rivers of blood from Lawn Maintenance Professionals! Lawn Officer Safety must be preserved! Arrest anyone who trims their own hedges; it's a gateway tool to greater usefulness! We can't have that!

45acpForMe

Have you seen those new non-string modules you can attach? They thread right on the the end of the long skinny part, and it's like a whirlwind of spinning swords! What kind of psychopath would want to own that?

It'll be the Wild Wild Suburbs! People will hack each other to pieces over simple arguments! The streets will flow rivers of blood from Lawn Maintenance Professionals! Lawn Officer Safety must be preserved! Arrest anyone who trims their own hedges; it's a gateway tool to greater usefulness! We can't have that!

My god COP killer WW ammo!!! Why is this stuff even sold, we need to ban them asap! Let's follow NJ's lead.

flail-trimmer-head-with-3-steel-blades.jpg

BTW: Are all those points hollow on the blades? The worst kind.

Pretty soon people will be bringing these into churches and bars!

Last edited:

45acpForMe

Furher, we must work towards closing any Home Improvement/Garden Center loopholes that will allow folks to purchase these WWs at low prices (ie: Saturday Afternoon Specials) or in large quantities without full background checks, psych evals, and permission slips from their wives.

They should ban those Saturday Afternoon Specials because we know only gang-bangers use them during drive by lawnwork.

09jisaac

Leave it to the pros....

The pros??? I know some people who are more qualified to handle a WW than those trained to do so. Everyone expects that we can just give someone a 4 hour course and then they're the pinnacle of lawn care, it don't happen. We can only solve this problem by educating the masses on how to use a WW properly and safely.

And the "pros" aren't required to take care of your lawn.

BTW epilogue, hows your leg?

since9

Campaign Veteran
Alright, alright everyone, now this is a 8 blade automatic tiller.

Good thing 16-blade models were outlawed last year. They're way to dangerous for your average citizen to handle. I mean, who needs that many blades, anyway? It's not like anyone needs to whack more than one weed at the same time, anyway. Eight blades is still overkill.

j4l

Good thing 16-blade models were outlawed last year. They're way to dangerous for your average citizen to handle. I mean, who needs that many blades, anyway? It's not like anyone needs to whack more than one weed at the same time, anyway. Eight blades is still overkill.

Actually.,Im going to propose a 5-blade limit for residents in Cali., NY,Md, and Idaho..