• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man Attacks Cops At Sears With Weed Whacker

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Typical procedure to include every charge they can think of. The weapon charge may well be dropped later on when it is realized it will not fly. Or as a bargaining chip to get the guy to accept a plea agreement.

stay safe.

j4l

We should now seek to force Weed Whacker owners/operators to conceal those evil devices when they leave their home. We should further dictate some form of retention-device for those carrying WW's, in order to prevent some criminal from coming along and trying to take and use it.
When carried in their car, WW owners should have to secure them in a lockable container inside the trunk, and/or keep the spool of line separate from the Whacker at all times.
It goes without saying, that we should prohibit the carry/use of Weed Whackers on any campus or educational facilities.
Also, we should prohibit the purchase/sale/transfer of any WW's between States.
And, we should require that all WW owners be fingerprinted, undergo a background check, a psych-eval, and bring a letter from their Rabbi/Priest/Pastor/Shaman attesting to the good nature of the Whackee...

1245A Defender

well,,,

dont forget the concealed wacker permit.
it should be MAY issue and require strict training requirements.
and a required, duty to notify.
i also dont think they should be covered by state preemption,
each community is unique, and should use their own standards to allow
individual ownership, or not.

09jisaac

We should now seek to force Weed Whacker owners/operators to conceal those evil devices when they leave their home. We should further dictate some form of retention-device for those carrying WW's, in order to prevent some criminal from coming along and trying to take and use it.
When carried in their car, WW owners should have to secure them in a lockable container inside the trunk, and/or keep the spool of line separate from the Whacker at all times.
It goes without saying, that we should prohibit the carry/use of Weed Whackers on any campus or educational facilities.
Also, we should prohibit the purchase/sale/transfer of any WW's between States.
And, we should require that all WW owners be fingerprinted, undergo a background check, a psych-eval, and bring a letter from their Rabbi/Priest/Pastor/Shaman attesting to the good nature of the Whackee...

See, I don't think that. I think it is the individual's right to own and operate a WW and having/carrying/using it shouldn't be regulated.

j4l

See, I don't think that. I think it is the individual's right to own and operate a WW and having/carrying/using it shouldn't be regulated.

Well, HOLY ****!! we gots us one o' them RADICALS!! How DARE you assume to have some say in this matter, you UPPITY citizen/slave!! This is exactly the sort of fellow we'd best put in his place before his evil words and thoughts corrupt the minds and activities of other radicals who get some crazy ideas about getting UPPITY themselves!

Daylen

Well, HOLY ****!! we gots us one o' them RADICALS!! How DARE you assume to have some say in this matter, you UPPITY citizen/slave!! This is exactly the sort of fellow we'd best put in his place before his evil words and thoughts corrupt the minds and activities of other radicals who get some crazy ideas about getting UPPITY themselves!

I think you ment CIVILIAN/slave. Citizen and slave don't go together just like citizen/civilian don't go together.

eye95

Was it an "assault weed whacker"? What color was it painted? Did it have automatic feed? Or do you have to rack...er...rap it to feed more ammo?

Was the cop a weed? If so, wouldn't whacking the cop with it be the intended purpose of the tool?

sudden valley gunner

Was it an "assault weed whacker"? What color was it painted? Did it have automatic feed? Or do you have to rack...er...rap it to feed more ammo?

Was the cop a weed? If so, wouldn't whacking the cop with it be the intended purpose of the tool?

I bet the end was painted neon orange.

sudden valley gunner

Oh, man. I'd better rush out and buy a bunch of WW's while I can still get them with pistol grips and bayonet studs. :)

Ha!

I actually kind of miss Leonard, he did have his own style and ways of doing things. He pushed the boundaries of what others thought acceptable and I respect that. Didn't necessarily always agree tho. :lol:

Last edited:

j4l

Lmao. Keep em comin, only thing keeping me sane,at the moment.

HKcarrier

Personally, I"m just wondering if it had one of those "high capacity" spools... you know, the extra long ones... I know that you can take out at least 2x the amount of weeds with those things before having to change out a spool... :p

j4l

Also, child-safety locks. Im proposing legislation that would require manufacturers of ALL WW's made/imported into, the US to have multiple safeties AND key-based locking mechanism.

j4l

Furher, we must work towards closing any Home Improvement/Garden Center loopholes that will allow folks to purchase these WWs at low prices (ie: Saturday Afternoon Specials) or in large quantities without full background checks, psych evals, and permission slips from their wives.

eye95

Personally, I"m just wondering if it had one of those "high capacity" spools... you know, the extra long ones... I know that you can take out at least 2x the amount of weeds with those things before having to change out a spool... :p

It shouldn't matter. I keep several spare magazines of string fully loaded and can change them faster than you can draw your WW with its 30-yd mag.

You wanna try me? Go ahead; make my day.

*twirls his pearl-handled WWs and holsters them*