Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hb517

hb517

on the HOUSE FLOOR NOW!
    Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. – James Madison
    An armed society is a polite society. – Robert A. Heinlein
    Gun bans don't disarm criminals, gun bans attract them. – Walter Mondale

Campaign Veteran
    With an amendment from Rep Dorworth to bastardize the bill into the same text as the Senate version:

http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill...nt/989561/HTML

Angry

It is not a violation of this section for a person licensed to carry a concealed firearm as provided in s. 790.06(1), and who is lawfully carrying a firearm in a concealed manner, to briefly and openly display the firearm to the ordinary sight of another person, unless the firearm is intentionally displayed in an angry or threatening manner, not in necessary self-defense.

I JUST DON'T GET IT. If you're carrying in a concealed manner, how does one openly display a firearm? And what is the definition of angry. Is it against the law to be angry? THIS IS SO BROAD. I can't believe something like this is actually beign made by our freaking law makers. This is just so crazy. It's not that I'm mad that OC is taken out (which I am), but it's the fact that this is so impossible to measure. How do you measure if someone is angry or not? Wtf?

When I clicked back to the channel, I heard it was going to a 3rd reading, is that correct?
    Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. – James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by timf343 View Post
    With an amendment from Rep Dorworth to bastardize the bill into the same text as the Senate version:

http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill...nt/989561/HTML
    ...and another amendment to allow certain public officials with a CWFL to carry in gubmint meetings (from Patronis).

Quote Originally Posted by rvrctyrngr View Post
    ...and another amendment to allow certain public officials with a CWFL to carry in gubmint meetings (from Patronis).
    Not adopted I assume? If it were, we could kill this demon spawn of a bill.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    Not adopted I assume? If it were, we could kill this demon spawn of a bill.
    Dunno, 'zach. I quit following things yesterday morning when the amendment was offered.

Ok this is new language and a new amendment. This is a different read on things. They seemed to have removed some of the ambiguous language. This may be interesting. It says you can briefly openly display a firearm as long as your intention is to carry it concealed. The “briefly” is questionable but it is not near as ambiguous as accidentally or inadvertently. Am I reading something wrong? So If I'm getting into my truck and I take my jacket off before I get in and my weapon becomes visible I am not in violation. Before if I took my coat off in such a manner then the exposure was not accidental or inadvertent and I was subject to arrest. This is interesting..

1) http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill...nt/688734/HTML New language
    2) http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill...nt/322294/HTML Old language

New Language:
    It
    12 is not a violation of this section for a person licensed to
    13 carry a concealed firearm as provided in s. 790.06(1), and who
    14 is lawfully carrying a firearm in a concealed manner, to briefly
    15 and openly display the firearm
    to the ordinary sight of another
    16 person, unless the firearm is intentionally displayed in an
    17 angry or threatening manner, not in necessary self-defense.

Old Lanquage:
    It
    11 shall not be a violation of this section for a person who is
    12 licensed to carry a concealed firearm, and who is lawfully
    13 carrying it in a concealed manner, to accidentally or
    14 inadvertently display the firearm to the ordinary sight of
    15 another person so long as the firearm is not displayed in a
    16 rude, angry, or threatening manner.
    Last edited by firedog; 05-03-2011 at 03:07 PM.
    2A - "Shall not be infringed". Our fathers said so!
    All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by firedog View Post
    Ok this is new language and a new amendment. This is a different read on things. They seemed to have removed some of the ambiguous language. This may be interesting. It says you can briefly openly display a firearm as long as your intention is to carry it concealed. The “briefly” is questionable but it is not near as ambiguous as accidentally or inadvertently. Am I reading something wrong? So If I'm getting into my truck and I take my jacket off before I get in and my weapon becomes visible I am not in violation. Before if I took my coat off in such a manner then the exposure was not accidental or inadvertent and I was subject to arrest. This is interesting..

New Language:
    It
    15 and openly display the firearm to the ordinary sight of another

Old Lanquage:
    It
    I think you're reading it correctly. It is the same verbiage that is in SB234. Doesn't really matter about taking your coat off at your car though...still can't open carry in your vehicle.

New Language:
    It
    15 and openly display the firearm
    to the ordinary sight of another

Old Lanquage:
    It
    Again, uninformed....

This happened back on the 27th IN THE SENATE...perhaps you have not been paying attention?
    Last edited by brboyer; 05-03-2011 at 03:09 PM.

Keep in mind. Folks in those seats can actually try to debate what the meaning of the word "is" is.

Boyer, KMA dude. You are ignored so I have no idea what your saying. I can't imagine its anything nice towards me so you don't need to waste you time if it is.

Boyer, KMA dude. You are ignored so I have no idea what your saying. I can't imagine its anything nice towards me so you don't need to waste you time if it is.
    I'm crushed!

If you would not open your mouth and spew uninformed information, that some other less informed individual might taker to heart, I, and others, would not have to continually come and correct you.

He was pointing out that the new language is a week old.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Yea, that's what Crisafulli told me the other day and that they were changing it to that before it came to the house.

New or Old it's still garbage, lets just let it ride, hopefully Gov. Scott has some kind of common sense and vetos this bill. Let our voices and peaceful demonstrations show them in Tallahassee that we mean business, don't Eff with our rights, YOU WILL BE VOTED OUT, don't get comfy on your chair.

Quote Originally Posted by brboyer View Post
    I'm crushed!

If you would not open your mouth and spew uninformed information, that some other less informed individual might taker to heart, I, and others, would not have to continually come and correct you.
    "uninformed "
    Here we go again. For the last time. Inform us, O Gatekeeper of All-Knowing Knowledge and Wisdom, inform we feeble-minded masses...

....ya, somehow I didnt think you could, either.

Quote Originally Posted by j4l View Post
    "uninformed "
    Here we go again. For the last time. Inform us, O Gatekeeper of All-Knowing Knowledge and Wisdom, inform we feeble-minded masses...
    ...ya, somehow I didnt think you could, either.

This.

Hmmm. I'm no lawyer, but it looks to me like if they strike out the words "briefly and" we'd be golden!

That being the case, I think we should let the amendment stand as is. Then next year rather than trying to pass some complicated language, let's just get them to strike out those two words.
    Last edited by RRobaldo; 05-03-2011 at 03:41 PM.

Why am I even wasting anytime arguing with this troll?
    Henceforth ignored. All future posts... pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by j4l View Post
    Why am I even wasting anytime arguing with this troll?
    Good question....how about just responding to the issues?

AKA - I'm not prepared to actually discuss the facts, so I'll just stick my head in the sand!

Quote Originally Posted by RRobaldo View Post
    Hmmm. I'm no lawyer, but it looks to me like if they strike out the words "briefly and" we'd be golden!

That being the case, I think we should let the amendment stand as is. Then next year rather than trying to pass some complicated language, let's just get them to strike out those two words.
    Indeed

They won't, but yes that is purely subjective...could be seconds, minutes, hours....hence one of the big issues withthe language.

That's what I was thinking.. I failed to explain that before the troll started pounding on me again and pointing out how stupid I am. I wish he would just go back the floridaconcealedcarry.org and continue to preach his expertise and his belittlement of participants over there.

Quote Originally Posted by brboyer View Post
    They won't, but yes that is purely subjective...could be seconds, minutes, hours....hence one of the big issues withthe language.
    Herein is the 180 Evers and Hammer did. They correctly pointed out that the only way to accomplish their objective was to legalize open carry for license holders. They went back on that and now have inadvertently but hopefully "briefly" sabotaged our future efforts.
    Last edited by 77zach; 05-03-2011 at 03:56 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast