http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill...nt/733353/HTML

T I T L E A M E N D M E N T
    250 Remove the entire title and insert:
    251 A bill to be entitled
    252 An act relating to firearms; amending s. 790.06, F.S.;
    253 providing that a person in compliance with the terms of a
    254 concealed carry license may carry openly notwithstanding
    255 specified provisions;
    Last edited by seminoles1999; 05-03-2011 at 06:38 PM.

Rep Abruzzo is a sponsor of the bill.......and a democrat. I guess they're not all evil.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Hmm... let's see where change #2040675065074405968738375756904.7 leads before changing, yet again..

" Remove the entire title and insert:
    A bill to be entitled
    252 An act relating to firearms; amending s. 790.06, F.S.;
    253 providing that a person in compliance with the terms of a
    254 concealed carry license may carry openly
    notwithstanding
    255 specified provisions; allowing the Division of Licensing
    256 of the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services to
    257 take fingerprints from concealed carry license applicants; "

Am I seeing this correctly? Or just wishful thinking on my part?

Quote Originally Posted by seminoles1999 View Post
    Amended 5/3/2011. WTF am I reading? Do I need to get champaign? Somebody enlighten me before I get to deep into a case of beer... I've brought it up in four windows and it keeps saying the same thing. I know I'm slow but WTF?
    lines 20-21..
    2A - "Shall not be infringed". Our fathers said so!
    All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by firedog View Post
    Amended 5/3/2011. WTF am I reading? Do I need to get champaign? Somebody enlighten me before I get to deep into a case of beer... I've brought it up in four windows and it keeps saying the same thing. I know I'm slow but WTF?
    lines 20-21..
    Don't get excited.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Oh , I wont. Im going to be 100% skeptical now, until the moment it's signed sealed and delivered by Scott..

i telling you there is some shady $hit going on !?
    Last edited by deserteagle50; 05-03-2011 at 06:46 PM.
    this is a must**** http://youtu.be/l0BgLk1i9yY****

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    Don't get excited.
    OK, I'm calm now. Only a six pack down so I'm mellow now.
    "F" Obama - Abruzzo for president if this is real... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by firedog View Post
    OK, I'm calm now. Only a six pack down so I'm mellow now.
    "F" Obama - Abruzzo for president if this is real... LOL
    Abruzzo is a pro gun rights democrat. I'm not sure what is going on, but his amendment won't be adopted, that would be too good to be true. If it were, the abomination that is SB 234 could blessedly be killed and we can try again next year with a greater chance of success.

Maybe by seeing a democrat do it, and standing up for our rights, he will induce Republican reps to stand up to the wicked neocon RINO's in the senate. I really have no idea though.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    Abruzzo is a pro gun rights democrat. I'm not sure what is going on, but his amendment won't be adopted, that would be too good to be true. If it were, the abomination that is SB 234 could blessedly be killed and we can try again next year with a greater chance of success.

Maybe by seeing a democrat do it, and standing up for our rights, he will induce Republican reps to stand up to the wicked neocon RINO's in the senate. I really have no idea though.
    Ok dude, you're damaging my mellow! I never thought I would be this "whatever I'm feeling right now" calm. I just want to ease these beers down and lay with my wife an encouraged man if you know what I mean. Even if it's just for tonight... LOL ROFLMAO.... It's going to be a good night tater....

Are they toying with us or does this have any chance in hell of passing?????????????????????????????????

They must have read the previous amendment of bogdanoff and found that it is retarded and will screw-over everybody including themselves.
    There has got to be a reason that this has happened. They are trying to make good on the B.S accident stuff and found there is no other way to do it except allow Open carry to the clause. and there must be more than one of them that feels this way.
    Last edited by Rick H; 05-03-2011 at 07:08 PM.
    God Bless America.

what's this mean?( Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/SB 234)

Quote Originally Posted by deserteagle50 View Post
    what's this mean?( Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/SB 234)
    They dumped HB517 in favor of the amended SB234, ie no open carry.

Quote Originally Posted by brboyer View Post
    They dumped HB517 in favor of the amended SB234, ie no open carry.
    what about the new amentment?

This came out of left field, as much as I want to jump up and down like a little school girl, I'm not. Expect the unexpected, Bogdanoff might still have her saying on it.
    Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. – James Madison
    An armed society is a polite society. – Robert A. Heinlein
    Gun bans don't disarm criminals, gun bans attract them. – Walter Mondale

Quote Originally Posted by Willm3053 View Post
    This came out of left field, as much as I want to jump up and down like a little school girl, I'm not. Expect the unexpected, Bogdanoff might still have her saying on it.
    The best that can happen, which won't, is that the amendment is adopted. In which case SB 234 will die in conference in the senate or on the senate floor. This is if the House could grow a pair/love freedom a little bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by deserteagle50 View Post
    what about the new amentment?
    They will discuss it...but if I'm not mistaken it will now take a 2/3 majority to adopt it.

This amendment was offered on 3rd read, not 2nd where it would have a chance.

This is completely transparent political theater designed to mislead people who do not understand the political process and rules of the legislature.

Trust me, this is all for show.

That all said, it does have a chance of blowing up in Rep. Abruzzo's face and being accepted by a 2/3 majority of the house.

Even if that happens the Senate will still kick it back. Some people were even calling and being rude to Senator's staffs who were going to vote for Open Carry.
    Last edited by StogieC; 05-03-2011 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StogieC View Post
    That all said, it does have a chance of blowing up in Rep. Abruzzo's face and being accepted by a 2/3 majority of the house.

Even if that happens the Senate will still kick it back. Some people were even calling and being rude to Senator's staffs who were going to vote for Open Carry.
    Not anyone on this site, I'm sure....

This is completely transparent political theater designed to mislead people who do not understand the political process and rules of the legislature.

Still it would be "SWEET" if it did get in there any way for us, Just saying...

I think I've read some post with some harsh emails being sent, nothing vulgar, who knows how they took the correspondence.
    Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. – James Madison
    An armed society is a polite society. – Robert A. Heinlein
    Gun bans don't disarm criminals, gun bans attract them. – Walter Mondale

One can hope. I actually have a job offer in Florida and this isnt the ONLY factor that I have to take into consideration if I take it or not...but this may be THE deciding factor. I really love to OC here in Pittsburgh and with the heat down in Florida I don't know if i could go back to CCing all the time.

I hope the political theater is worthy of an ovation.

Abruzzo has been a cosponsor from the beginning. Does he not want OC?

Political theater or not, it's a show I'd like to see! Bravo! Give that guy an Oscar!
    Rich
    MSgt, USAF Ret.
    Executive Director
    Florida Carry, Inc.
    www.floridacarry.org
    Glock 23 RTF2
    Mosin Nagant M91/30 (1942 Izhevsk)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast