• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB 234 - New Amentment!

mister45

This amendment was offered on 3rd read, not 2nd where it would have a chance.

This is completely transparent political theater designed to mislead people who do not understand the political process and rules of the legislature.

Trust me, this is all for show.

Still it would be "SWEET" if it did get in there any way for us, Just saying...

Willm3053

That all said, it does have a chance of blowing up in Rep. Abruzzo's face and being accepted by a 2/3 majority of the house.

Even if that happens the Senate will still kick it back. Some people were even calling and being rude to Senator's staffs who were going to vote for Open Carry.

I think I've read some post with some harsh emails being sent, nothing vulgar, who knows how they took the correspondence.

Prophet

One can hope. I actually have a job offer in Florida and this isnt the ONLY factor that I have to take into consideration if I take it or not...but this may be THE deciding factor. I really love to OC here in Pittsburgh and with the heat down in Florida I don't know if i could go back to CCing all the time.

I hope the political theater is worthy of an ovation.

Rich7553

This amendment was offered on 3rd read, not 2nd where it would have a chance.

This is completely transparent political theater designed to mislead people who do not understand the political process and rules of the legislature.

Trust me, this is all for show.

Political theater or not, it's a show I'd like to see! Bravo! Give that guy an Oscar!

firedog

I think I've read some post with some harsh emails being sent, nothing vulgar, who knows how they took the correspondence.

Well sir,
I don't know who you are referring to. I concur harsh but not vulgar.

Last edited:

Rich7553

I would not be so fast to say that Rich.

Perhaps we just disagree on "hell". I'm saying they haven't been lead out to the public stocks and horsewhipped. I don't consider Haridopolos giving them the old stink eye the equivalent of "hell".

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Wait, there is a small push here to expand freedom for the citizens of Florida? I don't know if I want to get excited. It has been made clear that our senate does NOT support expanding freedom.

firedog

I didn't mention any names, you brought it up, guilty mind. :eek:
True, guilty but not ashamed. I got a phone call from one of the reps and I was extremely polite & professional. I think I wore out the "yes sirs".