• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unarmed shipping gets attacked.

Daylen

I noticed an interesting thing in the article. They said many trawlers and shippers are carrying machineguns to sea and dumping them in the sea before returning to port. It seems that someone knows the law well and is buying machineguns for export, one of the few ways to buy a post ban machinegun and writing off the cost, which would be negligable I guess for a large vessel.

DanM

. . . writing off the cost, which would be negligable I guess for a large vessel.

Value of vessel and payload: $500m.

Cost of protective weaponry: $100k.

Look on pirate's face as you pop caps in his a**, at the rate of 500 rounds/minute: priceless.

Last edited:

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
even that 100k for defensive weaponry is a extremely high estimate. to keep some raggedy pirates from boarding all it would take is a few rifles... now i might TELL the captain i need a hundred Gs and buy something really nice ;)