• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dandridge PD permit class?

possumbarnes

Well, we finally got moved from Bama to TN. I think I posted back in Oct or Nov that we would be moving by Christmas, but we didn't get here til the beginning of Feb. Now, I've gotta get my permit for TN since my AL permit has my old AL address on it and my TN driver's license obviously does not match that address. I haven't been carrying since I got my driver's license because I wasn't 100% sure of the law. So.....

I spoke with a Dandridge LEO at my sons little league game and he mentioned that the Dandridge PD offers a class on Saturdays. Has anyone taken that class before? If not, where is a good place to get the class done? We are living in New Market right now, just outside of Jefferson City. I haven't had much time to do any searching around, so I figured I'd go to one of the best sources of carry info I know of.......opencarry.org

HvyMtl

Hmm. I was unaware of any PD giving Permit Classes.

Ok, here is my suggestion: tngunowners.com - ask there.

http://www.tfaonline.org/ - Tennessee Firearms Association - check with them and their forums as well. (Note: Not a member.)