• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Body...

6L6GC

P90x

Each morning I wake, and the first thing I do is sit at the end of my bed, and drink a couple of glasses of *water* - I have done this for years.

This thread is about not only being prepared, you know - Beretta 92FS, 2X 15 rd. magazines, 'utility knife', flashlight...have I forgot something...yes!:

Pushups: 3 sets (at least, combination *knuckle, palm, finger tips*) of 15 reps (intentional, slow, motion *no knee pushups*)

Situps: 3 sets (at least) of 10 reps (slow)

Captain Gripper: 140 Lb. 4-6 sets of 10 reps (slow)

80 Lb. punching bag: (Punch until I am not irriated with some OC posts anymore, J/K)

Stretches: 15 minutes.

*Starting to run again* wk. 1 (1) mile every other day, then increase. I used to run 5+ a day (too much time in front of the computer with my courses).

So, Ladies, Gentlemen, let's have it, what do you do each day for physical activity? What do you recommend? I have been considering eventually throwing in a couple of days every now and then of rationing meals, just to see how I would feel, and to acclimate my mind to the struggles of limited food.

I know there will likely be someone who asks what this has to do with OC - NOTHING, hence, my posting in 'The Social Lounge'.

if you are serious about getting in shape or staying in shape, just buy the P90X program and follow it. My wife uses it and actually finally got me to start (albeit slowly) working out with her. The P90X is NOT a trendy , grapejuice and yoga buncha crap, but rather a serious work out program designed to restore/preserve one's health. You likely would be glad you did. hope it works for you
roN

jbone

if you are serious about getting in shape or staying in shape, just buy the P90X program and follow it. My wife uses it and actually finally got me to start (albeit slowly) working out with her. The P90X is NOT a trendy , grapejuice and yoga buncha crap, but rather a serious work out program designed to restore/preserve one's health. You likely would be glad you did. hope it works for you
roN

I think i saw that on one of those beleivable infomerical's. You could most likey get it in a "As seem on TV" store in a few months and save money.

Last edited:

irish52084

I think i saw that on one of those beleivable infomerical's. You could most likey get it in a "As seem on TV" store in a few months and save money.

You could just download it now. Not that I'm advocating that, I'm just saying.

There's also crossfit, which is pretty serious work. Crossfit does a good job of using functional exercises and explosive training.

If anybody wants to try a personal trainer, do it. I did it a while ago when I finished rehabbing a knee injury and it was awesome. I'd do it again in a heartbeat if I had the spare funds and time. I did 2 session a week for 7 weeks and I was amazed what an objective based training approach can do with someone there to hold you accountable and get the most out of you.

Don't be embarrassed if you're out of shape, I was when I started with a trainer and then I saw that most of his clients were way worse off than me. I was used to training hard and I don't mind pushing, but some of his other clients were super whiny and had no tolerance for hard work. I saw one lady in her 30's cussing him out for making her do leg work she hated doing. I asked him about it and he said she is like that everyday and that was just her way of keeping herself going. I had a good laugh at that.

Last edited:

BJA

Campaign Veteran
I lift on average 35,000 pounds a day loading semi trailers for four hours at one job. Then 5 and 1/2 hours spent walking constantly at another job. And after class almost every morning (3 to 5 days a week) I hit the gym weights and cardio. I also count calories in everything I eat out of habit. Ask me at any point of the day how many calories I have eaten and I could tell you. When I started this regimine two years ago with just one job and college I weighed 308 pounds. I now weigh 203 pounds and I am stronger than I was before.

MKEgal

On average 5 days a week I do 2 sets on various weight machines (more for upper body than legs, but some torso, legs, & back) then 30 min erso of elliptical (for legs & heart).
Trying to convince myself I need to increase the cardio. :p
Also should add situps or yoga or pilates.

Started at the beginning of this year, have lost 15lbs + inches off waist & bust. (Came in 4 belt notches!)
No inches elsewhere, and am stuck at 15lbs, but I've gone up in endurance & the weight I can lift.
That's all well & good, but I need to get rid of another 90lbs. :cuss:

Diet is generally low-fat, high-nutrient. Generally.
I'm not against indulging a bit now & then, as long as it's not outrageous or regular.
I weigh the pleasure against how much time on the elliptical it takes to burn off the calories.

irish52084

On average 5 days a week I do 2 sets on various weight machines (more for upper body than legs, but some torso, legs, & back) then 30 min erso of elliptical (for legs & heart).
Trying to convince myself I need to increase the cardio. :p
Also should add situps or yoga or pilates.

Started at the beginning of this year, have lost 15lbs + inches off waist & bust. (Came in 4 belt notches!)
No inches elsewhere, and am stuck at 15lbs, but I've gone up in endurance & the weight I can lift.
That's all well & good, but I need to get rid of another 90lbs. :cuss:

Diet is generally low-fat, high-nutrient. Generally.
I'm not against indulging a bit now & then, as long as it's not outrageous or regular.
I weigh the pleasure against how much time on the elliptical it takes to burn off the calories.

This sounds like a problem a lot of women have, no offense meant. It's tougher for women, because of body composition, to keep pace with men in the weight loss department. Don't get discouraged and don't focus on your weight so much, focus on your fitness. Don't let things like the body mass index mess with your head either. I know professional fighters who are in fantastic shape and according to the body mass index they are obese.

Keep tricking your muscles by varying workouts and you'll see better results as well. Don't be afraid of free weights or using body weight exercises. Sometimes it's tough to get out of a fitness rut and find new things to do, but there is always something new to be done. Heck, I made all my neighbors think I was a bit odd when I was running up and down the hill with my heavy bag over my shoulders, but it sure was fun.

j4l

Each morning I wake, and the first thing I do is sit at the end of my bed, and drink a couple of glasses of *water* - I have done this for years.

This thread is about not only being prepared, you know - Beretta 92FS, 2X 15 rd. magazines, 'utility knife', flashlight...have I forgot something...yes!:

Pushups: 3 sets (at least, combination *knuckle, palm, finger tips*) of 15 reps (intentional, slow, motion *no knee pushups*)

80 Lb. punching bag: (Punch until I am not irriated with some OC posts anymore, J/K)

*Starting to run again* wk. 1 (1) mile every other day, then increase. I used to run 5+ a day (too much time in front of the computer with my courses).

So, Ladies, Gentlemen, let's have it, what do you do each day for physical activity? What do you recommend? I have been considering eventually throwing in a couple of days every now and then of rationing meals, just to see how I would feel, and to acclimate my mind to the struggles of limited food.

I know there will likely be someone who asks what this has to do with OC - NOTHING, hence, my posting in 'The Social Lounge'.

Pics..or it didnt happen..:banana:

j4l

hmm...might work..
could serve to motivate us lazy folks lol

Gunslinger

Actually, my thought was what does the thread have to do with anything? Come on, are you really Jerry Seinfeld???