Thread: Senate Committee hearing on concealed carry/constitutional carry. May 12 UW-Marathon

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar

Senate Committee hearing on concealed carry/constitutional carry. May 12 UW-Marathon

Passing along some information I received this morning from a source in Madison.

I'll post more details if I find them. If anyone else finds more details/confirmation, feel free to post.

-- A public hearing is tentatively planned next week on concealed carry and constitutional carry legislation, according to the office of committee Chair Rich Zipperer.

Under concealed carry, those wanting to carry a gun would have to undergo training and get a permit. Constitutional carry allows citizens to carry a weapon without a permit unless they are barred for some reason, such as a felony conviction.

The Committee on Judiciary, Utilities, Commerce, and Government Operations plans to hold the hearing May 12 at UW-Marathon County in the Wausau-area district of state Sen. Pam Galloway, who's sponsoring the bills. Her office declined comment on the legislation, saying nothing was ready for release today.
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Does anybody know if there will there be other hearings in other parts of the state..???

This is quite a drive and on a work day for me. If this will be the only hearing I would take a vacation day and organize a car pool to be there... as I am a proponent of "Constitutional Carry"....

If there will be other hearings (S.E. WI)... then I will pass on this one and make it a point to be at others closer to me..

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    Finally, Wisconsin appears to be living up to its motto. "Forward"

This is good news.

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

what time? I would have to take a vacation day as well... but i might be able to do a half day

Just my luck. I would attend this and take an opportunity to speak if I got the chance but I'll be unavailable.

Thanks for posting this.

About time something got moving.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

I would love to attend this hearing, but as a sole proprietorship I am the only guy her to answer the phones. Too bad it was not being done on a weekend.

I hope a bunch of us are there to hog the Microphones.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Copied and Pasted from my original post above....

"Does anybody know if there will there be other hearings in other parts of the state..???"

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

I am planning on being there. Send me (PM or email) your wise words.

I am off shift that entire day. Id go up there and carpool with Outdoorsman like I said in the other post. Im on the way up 12 anyways! So I guess once theres more details things will get figured out, but I am off with nothing going on that day.

Quote Originally Posted by 1FASTC4 View Post
    Just my luck. I would attend this and take an opportunity to speak if I got the chance but I'll be unavailable.

Thanks for posting this.
    I will be there and I will speak on your behalf. I will say "Can we carry C4?"
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

And what about grenades and panzershreck's????
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

From the Wausau Daily Herald

What: State Senate hearing on concealed carry legislation

When: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. May 12

Where: University of Wisconsin Marathon County, 518 S. Seventh Ave., Wausau

Reference - - http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/art...|img|FRONTPAGE
    Last edited by phred; 05-05-2011 at 08:53 AM. Reason: added reference