• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Senate Committee hearing on concealed carry/constitutional carry. May 12 UW-Marathon

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Passing along some information I received this morning from a source in Madison.

I'll post more details if I find them. If anyone else finds more details/confirmation, feel free to post.

-- A public hearing is tentatively planned next week on concealed carry and constitutional carry legislation, according to the office of committee Chair Rich Zipperer.

Under concealed carry, those wanting to carry a gun would have to undergo training and get a permit. Constitutional carry allows citizens to carry a weapon without a permit unless they are barred for some reason, such as a felony conviction.

The Committee on Judiciary, Utilities, Commerce, and Government Operations plans to hold the hearing May 12 at UW-Marathon County in the Wausau-area district of state Sen. Pam Galloway, who's sponsoring the bills. Her office declined comment on the legislation, saying nothing was ready for release today.

Outdoorsman1

Does anybody know if there will there be other hearings in other parts of the state..???

This is quite a drive and on a work day for me. If this will be the only hearing I would take a vacation day and organize a car pool to be there... as I am a proponent of "Constitutional Carry"....

If there will be other hearings (S.E. WI)... then I will pass on this one and make it a point to be at others closer to me..

Outdoorsman1

1FASTC4

Just my luck. I would attend this and take an opportunity to speak if I got the chance but I'll be unavailable.

Thanks for posting this.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I would love to attend this hearing, but as a sole proprietorship I am the only guy her to answer the phones. Too bad it was not being done on a weekend.

I hope a bunch of us are there to hog the Microphones.

Outdoorsman1

Copied and Pasted from my original post above....

"Does anybody know if there will there be other hearings in other parts of the state..???"

Outdoorsman1

xd40arff

I am off shift that entire day. Id go up there and carpool with Outdoorsman like I said in the other post. Im on the way up 12 anyways! So I guess once theres more details things will get figured out, but I am off with nothing going on that day.