• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Here is the concealed carry bill.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Here is the wording we came up with based on MT to circumvent the Federal GFSZ:

(3) Establishment of individual licensure.
In consideration that the right to keep and bear arms is protected and reserved to the people in Article I, section 25, of the Wisconsin constitution and by the second amendment of the United States constitution, a person who has not been convicted of a violent, felony crime and who is lawfully able to own or to possess a firearm under the Wisconsin constitution is considered to be individually licensed and verified by the state of Wisconsin within the meaning of the Provisions regarding individual licensure and verification in the federal Gun-Free School Zones Act

paul@paul-fisher.com

Paul, please tell me this isn't a late April Fool's joke! This is incredible! It seems to be a pure Constitutional Carry bill!
2w2gf0p.jpg
Wahoo!!Why did you include two more bills in a later post?

Dave, I got these from Representative Nass's assistant.

As for the other two, from what I am understanding, they have 3 versions. 1 Constitutional Carry and 2 shall-issue. Depending on the 'popularity', only one will actually get introduced. So.... we need to get on the ball NOW!!!!

Nik sent out an email to WCI membership, we need to MOVE!

xd40arff

Just got this a couple minutes ago! An almost instant response from my senators office!

Nate,

Thank you for writing. Earlier today, Seantor Kedzie added his name as a co-sponsor of the constitutional carry bill, LRB 2007/1.

Dan Johnson
Chief of Staff
State Senator Neal Kedzie
11th Senate District

paul@paul-fisher.com

I just sent this to Kedzie, Nass and August:

I almost love you guys!

Please support and sign on as co-authors/co-sponsors to LRB 11-20071. It is 19 pages of almost perfection! As you can see, the other versions, the ones that are 'shall issue' are much more expensive and take many more pages!!!

Please, please sign on by the May 9th deadline.

Here is the only amendment I would offer. As it is currently written, we would still be in peril with the Federal Gun Free School zone if we were armed and drove within 1000' of school property. With some simple wording, we can fix that. Here is the wording:

"(3) Establishment of individual licensure.
In consideration that the right to keep and bear arms is protected and reserved to the 75 people in Article I, section 25, of the Wisconsin constitution and by the second amendment of the United States constitution, a person who has not been convicted of 77 a violent, felony crime and who is lawfully able to own or to possess a firearm under 78 the Wisconsin constitution is considered to be individually licensed and verified by the state of Wisconsin within the meaning of the Provisions regarding individual licensure and verification in the federal Gun-Free School Zones Act"

The state of Montana has this wording and so far no issues.

This is a great day to be a Wisconsinite!

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
I believe that is the deal. They are asking for co-authors and/or co-sponsors and my gut feeling is the version that gets the most 'wins' being actually introduced and that one will have the public hearing on the 12th.
You have a contradiction in your reply to my question. The big question is, are they going to ask for co-sponsors for just Right to Carry legislation at this point? Or are co-sponsor request going to come out shortly for the other two as well.

If they are going to look for co-sponsors for Right to Carry, then proceed to see if they have the votes without introducing any other bills. THEN, in the case that Right to Carry didn't pass, they would start looking for co-sponsors of the next bill (Permit).

If they are going to send all of these out for co-sponsor then we need to comb through all of this legislation and send the addendums we want to them. If they aren't, then we can tackle addendum information for the other legislation at a later date.

paul@paul-fisher.com

You have a contradiction in your reply to my question. The big question is, are they going to ask for co-sponsors for just Right to Carry legislation at this point? Or are co-sponsor request going to come out shortly for the other two as well.

If they are going to look for co-sponsors for Right to Carry, then proceed to see if they have the votes without introducing any other bills. THEN, in the case that Right to Carry didn't pass, they would start looking for co-sponsors of the next bill (Permit).

If they are going to send all of these out for co-sponsor then we need to comb through all of this legislation and send the addendums we want to them. If they aren't, then we can tackle addendum information for the other legislation at a later date.

Sorry, my belief is that they have sent all 3 copies out for co-sponsor/co-authorship and the winner then gets introduced.

I'm sorry, I am delirious! :banana:

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran

Actually, I just found this story that seems to answer my question... they are sending both of them out... http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/121278599.html

paul@paul-fisher.com

Just got this a couple minutes ago! An almost instant response from my senators office!

Nate,

Thank you for writing. Earlier today, Seantor Kedzie added his name as a co-sponsor of the constitutional carry bill, LRB 2007/1.

Dan Johnson
Chief of Staff
State Senator Neal Kedzie
11th Senate District

Just got basically the same reply!!! (well, he changed Nate to Paul).

Outdoorsman1

I already took a vacation day on the 12th.... just in case...

CAR POOL anyone.....

Outdoorsman1

As my (former) lady would say.... "I'm Cited"....as in "I'm Excited"....

Last edited:

xd40arff

I already took a vacation day on the 12th.... just in case...

CAR POOL anyone.....

Outdoorsman1

As my (former) lady would say.... "I'm Cited"....as in "I'm Excited"....

I am not on shift that day, I would like to head up there with ya! Also, yay its my 100th post! I couldn't think of a better thread!