• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Here is the concealed carry bill.

CalicoJack10

I'm taking a vacation day next Thursday and going to Wausau. Anyone up here want to carpool down?

I don't drive, but I will do what I can to talk my better half into driving her million miles to the gallon car.

BTW, this is what I sent out to teh same list of 30 I always e-mail:

Dear Representatives, Senators, and Governor Walker,

I have sent out e-mails to most of you regarding this upcoming legislation on concealed carry in Wisconsin. Now that I have read the bills thoroughly and had a chance to scrutinize every line, I feel it is prudent that I send you another letter regarding your support of said legislation. While I have had a chance to review LRB-2007/1, LRB-2033/1, and LRB-2027/1, I feel that there are some items that desperately need to be addressed. As I have said in previous e-mails I am a proponent of Constitutional Carry, and with the review of these bills it would seem that there is one that addresses that. However, I must express that while the other 2 bills have licensing, there is no license regrading my openly carrying a firearm at this point in time. So in effect, as I live in a tourist town and it is not always acceptable for people to know that I am lawfully carrying a firearm, in order to be socially responsible I would have to pay a fee.

Also, I am the owner and operator of a growing business as a firearms instructor, and I do have quite a bit of community involvement, including fund raisers and community affairs events. Creating a standard in which people are "Required" to obtain a license and pay a fee only decreases my business by making the average person only want to do the absolute minimum amount of training. This was expressed to me many times over at the Special Olympics fun shoot and fundraiser that I held this past weekend. I had no less than 15 potential students say that if they were required to take a course, they would only do the minimum. So I must express yet again as a business man that non constitutional carry would adversely effect my ability to make a future for my family. Not to mention the fact that anything other than an "Optional" permit would in effect reduce the rights that we already have here in Wisconsin.

I am of the opinion that putting a tax on my rights is absurd, and creates more of a financial strain on myself and my family. And I believe that limiting my right to be socially responsible by covering my means of defending myself and my family by requiring my to pay a "Clothing Tax" is unreasonable. While I have received responses from some of you in the past regarding this issue, and I have talked to some of you face to face, I would like you to understand that I am someone who is in good standing throughout the state, and I have talked at length with a great number of my fellow Wisconsin residents about this same issue. And outside of the other instructors in the state who are looking to increase their profits, and the anti self defense movement, I have yet to meet someone who is in favor of having to pay to obtain a permit to wear a jacket or shirt over their firearm.

The only course I can see where obtaining a permit would be appropriate would be for reciprocity with other states for residents who travel often to out of state locations. Outside of this (and only this) reason, there is no good cause for making responsible, law abiding citizens pay to wear clothing that may obstruct the general view of a firearm. So I would respectfully ask as a father who wants to keep his child safe, as a law abiding resident of Wisconsin, as a veteran, and as a business man to please support LRB-2007/1 so that we do not have to pay to be responsible.

I would greatly appreciate any response from your office in regards to this e-mail.

Of course none of them know that I will be teaching for free if we get constitutional carry. I just know it gets there attention when you throw business into the mix.

Last edited:

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
The WAVE prohibitionists went into code red yesterday. Someone tipped off the recipient of Joyce Foundation's millions. Postings from their Facebook page. After their attacks on the Republicans, I think their comments will go into the file pile. I don't think NRA "A" rated Dems will want to PO the NRA at this time. From WAVE's last message sounds like they have no problems now with open carry....uk..uk... :lol:

Wisconsin Anti-Violence Effort
URGENT! Scott Walker and our out-of-control legislature are going to try to ram through extremist legislation, allowing hidden, loaded guns in public places. This radical legislation will be introduced any day, and it looks like it will be on a "fast track." Please click the link to send a message to your legislators, and share this with your friends.

Over the last 6 hours, the legislature has received more than 1,000 emails telling them to keep guns out of public places! Let's keep it going!!!
Please click the link below to send a message to your legislators, and then "share" this with your friends. Thank you!

It's official. Wisconsin legislators unveil bills legalizing hidden, loaded guns in public today. Sheesh. UNLIKE

Legislators are going to introduce two versions of the loaded guns in public bill. It's being reported that one has few restrictions and no requirements for training and the other is even worse! Good grief! If you haven't contacted your legislators, please do so now

Last edited:

Wolf1477

The WAVE prohibitionists went into code red yesterday. Someone tipped off the recipient of Joyce Foundation's millions. Postings from their Facebook page. After their attacks on the Republicans, I think their comments will go into the file pile. I don't think NRA "A" rated Dems will want to PO the NRA at this time. From WAVE's last message sounds like they have no problems now with open carry....uk..uk... :lol:

URGENT! Scott Walker and our out-of-control legislature are going to try to ram through extremist legislation, allowing hidden, loaded guns in public places. This radical legislation will be introduced any day, and it looks like it will be on a "fast track." Please click the link to send a message to your legislators, and share this with your friends.

Over the last 6 hours, the legislature has received more than 1,000 emails telling them to keep guns out of public places! Let's keep it going!!!
Please click the link below to send a message to your legislators, and then "share" this with your friends. Thank you!

It's official. Wisconsin legislators unveil bills legalizing hidden, loaded guns in public today. Sheesh. UNLIKE

Legislators are going to introduce two versions of the loaded guns in public bill. It's being reported that one has few restrictions and no requirements for training and the other is even worse! Good grief! If you haven't contacted your legislators, please do so now

LoL sounds like someone's got some sand in an uncomfortable place.

Can already hear the "SHAME SHAME SHAME" echoing thru MadTown the next time I drive through it...hopefully *lawfully* carrying my 1911<g>

Captain Nemo

From other sources:

It appears the most significant difference between the two versions circulating is that the shall issue version would require a (up to) $52 application fee plus a $13 background check for a max total of $65. The resulting license would be good for five years. Mandatory training is not required to obtain the license.

Captain Nemo

At the risk of appearing to support licensing, I do not, and at the risk of upsetting the purists the licensing issue must be looked at in perpective. If all other things in the two versions are equal, with the only difference being licensing for concealed carry, then the cost of licensing amounts to $12.50 per year. Less than four gallons of gas for firearm freedom Wisconsonites have not had for 150 years. Neither version requires the high cost of mandatory training and renewal training. Something to think about before we write letters that may turn some legislators off altogether. Nothing wrong with letting our legislators know which version we favor as long as we don't get argumentative about it. I know some of you will be p####d at this post. But in the words of Edward R. Morrow "that's the way it is".

paul@paul-fisher.com

Something to think about before we write letters that may turn some legislators off altogether. Nothing wrong with letting our legislators know which version we favor as long as we don't get argumentative about it. I know some of you will be p####d at this post. But in the words of Edward R. Morrow "that's the way it is".

I agree with you statement here.

We need to be respectful when contacting them, however, we need to emphasize what we want.

While I agree with you Captain that $12.50 a year isn't much, the problem is that a non-friendly Governor can raise it to the stratosphere in a budget bill with a stroke f a pen. In addition, we keep hearing the state is broke and Walker has pledged to not raise taxes or fees, this would be a fee. Let's get what we can out of this.

Outdoorsman1

The newspaper articles say there will be hearings in Madison as well. I'd rather go there than drive to Wassau.

Agreed.... Madison it is....

Paul, see if you can find out the location and time for the Madison hearings, and then if in fact there will be a hearing in Madison we are good to go.

I will be starting out in the Paddock Lake area with myself and hopefully Handy Hamlet, then west on Hwy 50 to Hwy 12 (Lake Geneva area), then north to Madison. Can stop anywhere along that route to pick up thohse that have alrerady spoken up and can get themselves close to the route...(xd40arff and davegran, and of course Paul)...

Also, if there is not a hearing in Madison, I am still up for driving to Wausau... with the car pool... gas might even be aforable (if its not $10.00 / gal. by then...:mad:)

Outdoorsmad1

Edited to add... I suppose any route from Paddock Lake to Madison would be fine if it made it easier for those that want to car pool....

Last edited:

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
In support of no license, be prepared to answer "without a background check, how would ineligible individuals be stopped from carrying?" & "how would police officer safety in a traffic stop be maintained?"

I would hope that if the "license" is required, that the state will get BATF approval to waive the firearm waiting period for licensees.

Last edited:

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
At the risk of appearing to support licensing, I do not, and at the risk of upsetting the purists the licensing issue must be looked at in perpective. If all other things in the two versions are equal, with the only difference being licensing for concealed carry, then the cost of licensing amounts to $12.50 per year. Less than four gallons of gas for firearm freedom Wisconsonites have not had for 150 years. Neither version requires the high cost of mandatory training and renewal training. Something to think about before we write letters that may turn some legislators off altogether. Nothing wrong with letting our legislators know which version we favor as long as we don't get argumentative about it. I know some of you will be p####d at this post. But in the words of Edward R. Morrow "that's the way it is".

$!2.50 may be the price of gas by the end of the summer season. :shocker: Captain Nemo Your opinion is always welcome , just wish Doug could chime in also.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
In support of no license, be prepared to answer "without a background check, how would ineligible individuals be stopped from carrying?" & "how would police officer safety in a traffic stop be maintained?"

Exactly as they are now - not at all. Laws do NOT make criminals suddenly good citizens.

The need for officer safety should be judged by supportive input data - not by an inanimate object.

phred

I'm off my computer for 8 hours and the whole world goes upside down - in a good way.

Yes, I am making plans to be at the Wausau hearing on May 12th, as well as the NRA thingy at Gander Mt on the evening of May 12th.

If you have specific suggestions for me to give to Sen Galloway, either PM or email the changes.

As some of you know, I also have a "date" with her on May 16th.