• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Deafening silence....

j4l

Interesting I find the deafening silence from certain elements here...

brboyer

Interesting I find the deafening silence from certain elements here...

Yeah, I noticed a distinct lack of chest thumping Internet bravado...what's up guys? Are you not just as pissed at the House as you were the Senate....were are the demands of resignation, etc?

BountyXP

What do you want them to say? EVERYONE won today except us. Think about it:

The Republicans get to say they tried to get us OC and fought the good fit in the legislature but were betrayed by RINO's and Democrats so please vote for us...

The Democrats and RINO's get to say they blocked the gun-nuts from turning Florida into the Wild West so please vote for us...

The LEO's now get a weapon to use against CC'ers under the guise of legislature to protect them...

The NRA/USF gets to ask for more contributions and produce more propaganda stating they fought hard for our rights and won some and will be back next year to fight again so please send more checks...

The honest, concealed weapon permit holders who want real protection against exposure (accidental, brief, or fully intentional) get to sit in the middle and suck on it.

What more would you like us to post/say at this point?

firedog

Yeah, I noticed a distinct lack of chest thumping Internet bravado...what's up guys? Are you not just as pissed at the House as you were the Senate....were are the demands of resignation, etc?
Oh no, not at all. I’m on the call list now asking my republican representatives why a democrat house member had to be the one that attempted to resurrect the true title of SB234? We’ll see how many call me back next week. Be it posturing or what did you call it “political maneuvering” I will be getting some answers.

j4l

Just was noticing a distinct silence from the "take it easy" bunch. But no biggie, few of us had any real faith that today's dog-n-pony show was anything other than that.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
To be honest, I'm tired. I didn't really expect today to happen. Before the Communist run Senate decided to shoot down expanding freedom for Floridians, I fought fought fought and wrote uncountable emails to my representatives. I was glued to the forum every chance I got to see what was going on. After that happened I lost hope and took a break. Today was a surprise, but look where SB234 stands.

I don't think this is even about representing your people, I think it's more about protecting the constitution. They take an oath to support the constitution, representing your people comes next. Constitution first, yet, a bill that expands a destroyed constitutional right is shot down.

These guys aren't just bad representatives of We The People, they are bad Americans. They don't share a love for freedom like we do. They oppose what our founding fathers fought and died for. These guys are dangerous and they're in control.

RRobaldo

Just nuthin to say... We lost open carry... This time.

We now need to campaign to have two little words removed from the statute..."Briefly and"

As soon as those two words are gone, we'll have exactly the bill we wanted.

j4l

To be honest, I'm tired. I didn't really expect today to happen. Before the Communist run Senate decided to shoot down expanding freedom for Floridians, I fought fought fought and wrote uncountable emails to my representatives. I was glued to the forum every chance I got to see what was going on. After that happened I lost hope and took a break. Today was a surprise, but look where SB234 stands.

I don't think this is even about representing your people, I think it's more about protecting the constitution. They take an oath to support the constitution, representing your people comes next. Constitution first, yet, a bill that expands a destroyed constitutional right is shot down.

These guys aren't just bad representatives of We The People, they are bad Americans. They don't share a love for freedom like we do. They oppose what our founding fathers fought and died for. These guys are dangerous and they're in control.

Well, there is a corrective action that can be taken...

brboyer

Oh no, not at all. I’m on the call list now asking my republican representatives why a democrat house member had to be the one that attempted to resurrect the true title of SB234? We’ll see how many call me back next week. Be it posturing or what did you call it “political maneuvering” I will be getting some answers.

Yes, exactly what they want to tell you......

RRobaldo

Well, there is a corrective action that can be taken...

And I for one, plan on taking that corrective action in November. This isn't my ONLY issue, but it is one reasonably high up on my list.

77zach

+1

Again, legalizing OC is a tall order. It doesn't matter what state you are in. If that state had criminalized OC for some reason 25 years ago, getting the prohibition repealed would take work. Even in gold star states people react with surprise when they learn OC is legal. We've been TRAINED. Please read my signature. They're government school educated, don't appreciate any of the reasons for OC, would never OC themselves, and so assume that there must be a darn good reason OC was made illegal in the first place. Despite being wrong countless times, they're not into the gun rights movement so they really think OC will turn into "the wild wild west."

If we want it, we cannot in any way confirm their stereotypes of "gun nut". Being overzealous and visibly upset will not help the cause. I'm going to try and do what Sean says. He and FL carry are on the map and have taken initiative and are serious about FL getting OC. This is doable. OK has failed the last two years. TX failed on their first attempt, and may even fail this year. Arkansas failed this year. South Carolina failed this year. We're going to have to leave the comfort zone and actually go to the offices of these people, or whatever it is Fl carry has planned.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Yes, exactly what they want to tell you......

So, do nothing?

Nothing positive has happened in the government of this state in over 20 years. It has the perfect combination of Neocons and Liberals to guarantee absolute Statism.

Unless they put their support in writing, and publicly, don't believe a word they say. Politicians are, by nature, liars. But in Florida, you'll be impressed by how low they can stoop; and how well it pays to do so.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
+1

Again, legalizing OC is a tall order. It doesn't matter what state you are in. If that state had criminalized OC for some reason 25 years ago, getting the prohibition repealed would take work. Even in gold star states people react with surprise when they learn OC is legal. We've been TRAINED. Please read my signature. They're government school educated, don't appreciate any of the reasons for OC, would never OC themselves, and so assume that there must be a darn good reason OC was made illegal in the first place. Despite being wrong countless times, they're not into the gun rights movement so they really think OC will turn into "the wild wild west."

If we want it, we cannot in any way confirm their stereotypes of "gun nut". Being overzealous and visibly upset will not help the cause. I'm going to try and do what Sean says. He and FL carry are on the map and have taken initiative and are serious about FL getting OC. This is doable. OK has failed the last two years. TX failed on their first attempt, and may even fail this year. Arkansas failed this year. South Carolina failed this year. We're going to have to leave the comfort zone and actually go to the offices of these people, or whatever it is Fl carry has planned.

It's the gas prices. We'd all be there if we could afford it, but they've brought us to our knees. So now we come to labor 16 hours in the 24, and give them the wages of 15... that remaining hour unable to provide us... potatoes... you get the idea.

We can't even count to potato anymore. It didn't happen by accident.

j4l

...and your chocolate rations have been increased from 30 to 25 grams.

Rich7553

Just was noticing a distinct silence from the "take it easy" bunch. But no biggie, few of us had any real faith that today's dog-n-pony show was anything other than that.

What, exactly, would you have "us" do? We played the game, fought hard, and lost in the 9th inning. We will now prepare for next season, starting with requesting or and compiling data on CWFL holders who have been unduly detained for the reasons this abortion of a bill supposedly fixes. Get detained for momentary exposure? Call Florida Carry and let us know. Hopefully, we'll get hundreds of these incidents to throw at the legislature next year and tell them, "see, it didn't work, just like we said".

77zach

What, exactly, would you have "us" do? We played the game, fought hard, and lost in the 9th inning. We will now prepare for next season, starting with requesting or and compiling data on CWFL holders who have been unduly detained for the reasons this abortion of a bill supposedly fixes. Get detained for momentary exposure? Call Florida Carry and let us know. Hopefully, we'll get hundreds of these incidents to throw at the legislature next year and tell them, "see, it didn't work, just like we said".

A good idea, but can't be the major point or we'll lose again. This problem is a footnote to the real problem of our rights being seriously infringed, IMO.

Japle

Posted by 77zach:

Agree. It's going to take a while.
We're dealing with people (politicians) who only see guns on TV and in the movies and only when someone is about to get shot.
If you expect them to suddenly see that carrying a gun openly is a positive thing and that people won't die by the carload, you're being naïve.
If you expect them to ignore the lies from the Bradys and politically motivated LEOs, you’re being naïve.
If you expect the NRA and the USF to defeat them and magically give you the laws you want on the first try, you’re being naïve.

j4l

"requesting or and compiling data on CWFL holders who have been unduly detained for the reasons this abortion "

Are you bloody KIDDING ME? THAT's the plan? gather statistics on a non-issue?
Or what-send folks out to deliberately test it, so they can get nailed for it, and be the statistic that you need?

Christ,no wonder we're doomed.

brboyer

Christ,no wonder we're doomed.

We would be if there were more people like you out there.

You clearly have no understanding of any of the processes involved and seem to be completely ignorant of the reality of politics.

Why don't you go sit down and let serious people work on this.

You are nothing more than a distraction.