• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle Town Hall Anti Gun Fundraiser.

jsanchez

On Monday, May 16, at 6pm, there will be a fundraiser anti gun get together. The fundraiser is called " Civic: Gun Violence and 'Living for 32'". "Living for 32' is the story of Colin Goddard, a 21-year-old senior at Virginia Tech University on April 16, 2007, who was shot four times. After Recovering and finishing his degree, Goddard volunteered for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. Ralph Fascitelli, president of Washington Cease Fire, introduces Goddard, who discusses the film and his experience before the screening. Tickets are $5 at www.brownpapertickets.com. or 800-838-3006, and at the door beginning at 5:30pm.

I attended the last CeaseFire event at Town Hall and gave them an earfull during the question and answer period. I strongly urge my fellow OCers to attend and make them unwelcome in our state. I meet my enemies in their house so they never get to mine.

END_THE_FED

If a lot of "us" go then we will just be contributing to "their" cause. Both financially, and by artificially inflating the event's attendance rating it will appear to have much more popularity then it actually does, giving their cause an illusion of credibility.

Any speeches/questions we have, probably wont change the minds of anyone there anyway.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
To make a Political Statement it would be worth the time and $5.00 and open carry at the event with your own signs and flyers that we are also against gun violence but know at some point we may have no other choice then to defend ourselves.

Open carrying at the Town Hall is legal is it not? I think everyone would be good to go and could not restrict you from carrying or attending.

Another point if they know you will be showing up at their other events as such they will be forced to change tactics and move the event where they have to pay for renting so they could restrict firearm carry.

END_THE_FED

......Open carrying at the Town Hall is legal is it not? I think everyone would be good to go and could not restrict you from carrying or attending.........

They couldn't restrict you from hanging out outside, but they could absolutely restrict you from going inside. They rented the place out, they set the rules. Refusal to leave would be trespassing.

Despite the somewhat confusing name, "Town Hall Seattle" is owned and operated by a private sector, non-profit and is not public property. http://www.townhallseattle.org/index.cfm

It is no different then if the event was being held at the Paramount or the Moore or any other private venue.

amlevin

To make a Political Statement it would be worth the time and $5.00 and open carry at the event with your own signs and flyers that we are also against gun violence but know at some point we may have no other choice then to defend ourselves.

Open carrying at the Town Hall is legal is it not? I think everyone would be good to go and could not restrict you from carrying or attending.

Another point if they know you will be showing up at their other events as such they will be forced to change tactics and move the event where they have to pay for renting so they could restrict firearm carry.

Even if I wanted to waste $5 on something like this I wouldn't want to do anything that would draw attention to this bunch of brain damaged morons. I'm sure that a group of people showing up wearing firearms would make this event more attractive to the news media. In the end they would just gain attention to their cause.

Dain Bramage

Even if I wanted to waste $5 on something like this I wouldn't want to do anything that would draw attention to this bunch of brain damaged morons. I'm sure that a group of people showing up wearing firearms would make this event more attractive to the news media. In the end they would just gain attention to their cause.

Amlevin's got a point.

(sarc) Personally, I'll just hold off with attending and donations until they rally against Habeus Corpus and for quartering soldiers in your home.

Freaking pesky Constitution is keeping us from feeling safe. (/sarc)

jbone

snip...I'm sure that a group of people showing up wearing firearms would make this event more attractive to the news media. In the end they would just gain attention to their cause.

I agree, it would make more sense to hold your own rally at their location outside, pass out flyers, serve Starbucks Coffee and Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, all proceeds going to a real charity.

dadada

Still, it would be funny if 95% of the audience was openly carrying a firearm! I'll bet there are about 10 of the anti-gun crowd that shows up. The last time there was an anti meeting at "The Town Hall", 37 people showed up:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...k-in-Seattle&p=1259175&viewfull=1#post1259175

Maybe the Starbucks protestors will show up!

25586_375578079211_6236054211_3860455_4333668_n.jpg

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?71531-Starbucks-protest/

protest.jpg

Ahhh yes.... a blast from the past!

protestors.jpg

Can you make one say "Food will kill me before any gun will!"?

ApacheBunny

what I find funny is they are doing a fundraiser to raise their FUNDS and we usually just do charity work and clean up roads asking for no money, kind of shows a greedy side to them since they usually don't fund anything out of their own pockets.

Aknazer

what I find funny is they are doing a fundraiser to raise their FUNDS and we usually just do charity work and clean up roads asking for no money, kind of shows a greedy side to them since they usually don't fund anything out of their own pockets.

It also shows how little support that they have that they need to have fund raisers like this, while I don't remember really ever hearing a 2A group needing to raise funds like this. Even when 2A groups help with attorney fees its just through donations from what I've seen.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
It also shows how little support that they have that they need to have fund raisers like this, while I don't remember really ever hearing a 2A group needing to raise funds like this. Even when 2A groups help with attorney fees its just through donations from what I've seen.

Weird. I hear of fundraisers for the NRA, SAF, Ducks Unlimited, etc... all the time.

sudden valley gunner

Weird. I hear of fundraisers for the NRA, SAF, Ducks Unlimited, etc... all the time.

Yea but..... oh never mind rule number 12. :lol:

(12) NO BASHING OF OTHER GUN RIGHTS ORGANIZATIONS: Regardless of how convinced you are that another gun rights organization is not doing their job, this is not the place to air those concerns unless they are specifically related to an anti-open carry position taken by that organization. All other rants against other gun rights groups will be deleted or the thread locked.

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Yea but..... oh never mind rule number 12. :lol:

(12) NO BASHING OF OTHER GUN RIGHTS ORGANIZATIONS: Regardless of how convinced you are that another gun rights organization is not doing their job, this is not the place to air those concerns unless they are specifically related to an anti-open carry position taken by that organization. All other rants against other gun rights groups will be deleted or the thread locked.

I have never been a member of the NRA despite growing up in a household with a Life Member. I started contributing to SAF in my early 20's and will continue to do so... All of these groups serve an important purpose, I just choose the one's that best fit my interests. In my past, as store manager at G.I. Joe's I participated in many different fundraisers for all of these groups.

sudden valley gunner

I have never been a member of the NRA despite growing up in a household with a Life Member. I started contributing to SAF in my early 20's and will continue to do so... All of these groups serve an important purpose, I just choose the one's that best fit my interests. In my past, as store manager at G.I. Joe's I participated in many different fundraisers for all of these groups.

I agree they serve purposes and sometimes it has been contrary to my beliefs in liberty.

Was just making a tongue in cheek joke about that. Not meant to be a serious statement.

Personally having spoken and heard and seen views of SAF (on a personal level) they will not get any money from me. I'd rather donate to GOA. I won't donate to NRA either.

jsanchez

So who's going?

$5 for parking. $5 for ticket at door. Opprotunity to ask humiliating questions to the anti gunners, Priceless ! On the serious side, I plan on opening minds and having thought provoking discussion. Is this guy they are having speak the same guy that did the undercover buy for ABC news show a couple of years ago, were he bought guns in the parking lot of a gun show. I need some good material for questions, anybody have input?