Thread: Where's the rest of my gun?

Where's the rest of my gun?

So I have a girlfriend who reminds me all the time that the first thing I ever said to her was "You remind me of my x-wife". Now two years later she has gone from not even wanting to see a gun, to being angry because I tore hers apart so I could try my new AR buffer.

:::::Flashback:::::

I have been building this AR lower for months, and today I got a new Mako Industries recoil reducing stock, a fairly light buffer spring, and an ITT AR-restor. After all of the problems I have been having with building with this spikes tactical lower, I figured it would be no easy task making sure this all worked.

So because I never got the trigger I started thinking about ripping the trigger out of her M&P-15 so that I could just test out the recoil on this thing. The only difference would be the muzzle break. And before you knew it I had her AR rippend down to every part pin and spring. I began installing parts onto and into my set up just so i could put a few rounds down range.

As I was in the process of installing the needed parts, she comes walking downstairs with a laundry basket. She stopped dead in her tracks and dropped the laundry. She immediately asked where I got all the extra parts thinking I had gone out and bought another gun without saying anything to her. When i looked at her and smiled she about crappped her pants as she asked if it was her gun that was torn apart.

I just said "Maybe" and smiled some more. As she looked over the parts, she saw that there were some things that were already installed, and she looked at me and said "Where's the rest of my gun". I smiled again and she got angry and told me she wanted me to put her gun back together as she stomped up stairs forgetting the laundry.

About 30 minutes later I came trotting upstairs and grabbed a smoke. And she immediately asked if I had her gun back together. I said no and walked out into the back yard. She immediately followed me and said that she wanted her gun back together asap. I immediately responded by telling her to do it herself. She stomped sownstairs and I heard her yell "A$$HOLE" up to me.

She realized that all she had to do was pin the upper to the lower to get her gun back together.

So I never got to try out my new parts because it was too upsetting to the girlfriend. I am really bummed, but I learned that you can really pi$$ off a woman by tearing down a gun that she owns to raid it for parts. I guess I am just going to have to wait till I get the trigger and the upper built.

And the worst part is that none of this ever really happened. Not past talking the whole thing out with her anyway.But i got a kick out of it so I thought I would share. And I did really get the parts.

Last edited by CalicoJack10; 05-05-2011 at 12:18 AM.
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

LoL, Start sleepin' with one eye open

Not a chance, she wouldnt dare, and she works third shift................
    Calico Jack Defense

Doesn't mean she won't setup traps for you.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

I am not showing her this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nyItBaKDtQ
    Calico Jack Defense

Quote Originally Posted by CalicoJack10 View Post
    I am not showing her this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nyItBaKDtQ
    Don't show her this either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seEegWV5RYM
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Calico Jack Defense

You DID do well by getting her interested in firearms! I tried that myself with a couple of girlfriends and never managed but one did put up with my habit of stripping down a handgun while watching TV with her...

Quote Originally Posted by opusd2 View Post
    You DID do well by getting her interested in firearms! I tried that myself with a couple of girlfriends and never managed but one did put up with my habit of stripping down a handgun while watching TV with her...
    Ironic, I was sitting in front of the TV with my carry pistol torn down for a trigger adjustment when I had this conversation with her.
    Calico Jack Defense