Thread: Subway experience tonight

Subway experience tonight

I OC'd in my local subway sandwich shop tonight to grab a quick supper. I had been working on building an engine for my Mustang so I headed for the bathroom to wash up before I ordered. There was a couple in their twenties sitting at on of the tables and as I walked past I saw them jump up and heard the girl say "I'm getting out of here". When I came out and started to order the employee told me that they were scared and took off running when they saw my gun. They even threw the plastic baskets away! The employee asked me why I was carrying a gun so I talked to him about the importance of being able to protect yourself and also went into the benifits of open carry. He was very interested and said he didn't realize that it was so easy to get a permit and he was going to see about getting one. All in all it was a good experience. Plus I had a good laugh at the anti's
    Last edited by mjd1978; 05-05-2011 at 01:17 AM.

Banned
    When that happens, just tell them that you feel the same way about it, which is why you carry one.

I've never had a problem in any of the Subway shops here in New Orleans, but I'm a bit confused about your story. Didn't the Mississippi legislature recently amend the state gun laws to prohibit OC; or did that not pass?

Quote Originally Posted by XD-GEM View Post
    I've never had a problem in any of the Subway shops here in New Orleans, but I'm a bit confused about your story. Didn't the Mississippi legislature recently amend the state gun laws to prohibit OC; or did that not pass?
    Not that I've heard. As long as you have a permit you are legal to carry openly or concealed.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    When that happens, just tell them that you feel the same way about it, which is why you carry one.
    LOL. Thats pretty good!

Quote Originally Posted by mjd1978 View Post
    I OC'd in my local subway sandwich shop tonight to grab a quick supper. I had been working on building an engine for my Mustang so I headed for the bathroom to wash up before I ordered. There was a couple in their twenties sitting at on of the tables and as I walked past I saw them jump up and heard the girl say "I'm getting out of here". When I came out and started to order the employee told me that they were scared and took off running when they saw my gun. They even threw the plastic baskets away! The employee asked me why I was carrying a gun so I talked to him about the importance of being able to protect yourself and also went into the benifits of open carry. He was very interested and said he didn't realize that it was so easy to get a permit and he was going to see about getting one. All in all it was a good experience. Plus I had a good laugh at the anti's
    Tourists from New York.

At least the employee didn't overreact and ask you to leave, that's the best part of the story.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

They're probably still wondering why the "big robbery" that they "almost witnessed" didn't make the local news...

TFred