Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Carry, Inc: Press release regarding Madison 5 Culvers Incident

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar

Wisconsin Carry, Inc: Press release regarding Madison 5 Culvers Incident

For immediate release:

Last fall five Wisconsin Carry members were peacefully enjoying dinner at a
    Madison area Culvers restaurant. Like thousands of Wisconsin residents, they
    carry a sidearm for self-defense as a daily practice in the only manner
    currently provided by Wisconsin law. After a 911 caller inquired as to the
    legality of open-carry, Madison police arrived en masse and illegally demanded
    identification from all five. Two members who politely declined to provide ID
    were wrongfully cited for obstruction of justice. (Wisconsin, a free state, does
    not require you produce identification when you have done nothing wrong.) Those
    citations were rescinded 2 days later and all 5 were mailed citations for
    disorderly conduct despite no evidence of a disturbance. Details of that initial
    incident are available on Wisconsin Carry's website www.wisconsincarry.org.
    Click on the "Sept. 23rd 2010" blog heading for details including the audio of
    the 911 call.

Wisconsin Carry filed a federal civil lawsuit against the City of Madison and
    Police Chief Noble Wray on September 29, 2010. That lawsuit can be viewed here:
    http://www.wisconsincarry.org/pdf/Ma...nComplaint.pdf

Wisconsin Carry also retained, on behalf of our members, notable defense
    attorney Chris Van Wagner, principal of the Madison law firm Van Wagner & Wood
    http://www.vanwagnerwood.com/ to contest the wrongfully issued disorderly
    conduct citations.

Today, Wisconsin Carry is pleased to announce that Attorney Van Wagner has
    informed us that all of the charges against the "Madison 5" have been dismissed.
    According to Attorney Van Wagner "The Madison City Attorney agreed after a full
    review of the police investigation and 911 call that there was absolutely no
    disturbance created by our members and that the disorderly conduct citations
    were inappropriate". Van Wagner also added that "The ONLY disturbance created
    on that Saturday evening was by a mass of uniformed Madison police officers and
    squads arriving to investigate law-abiding citizens having dinner"

Questions about this incident and subsequent actions by Wisconsin Carry and our
    attorney may be directed to Wisconsin Carry or Attorney Chris Van Wagner.
    Wisconsin Carry will shortly be filing a second civil lawsuit against Madison
    Police Chief Noble Wray and the City of Madison to obtain damages on behalf of
    our members for their wrongful detainment and costs associated with disposing of
    the citations.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is a non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation
    and advancement of the ability of law-abiding Wisconsin residents to legally
    carry in the manner of their choosing (open or concealed).

Carry On,

Nik Clark
    Chairman/President - Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    nik@wisconsincarry.org
    www.wisconsincarry.org
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

AWESOME NEWS!!!!

I am glad to see that this is on track, it only opens the door to allowing more Wisconsin residents to exercise their rights without fear of reprisal by law enforcement. Nice work all!
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

Thank you Wisconsin carry inc. And thank you Chris Van Wagner.

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

McX

Cool

totality of who? Madison 5 who?...............never heard of them.

now do you see why you want to be a member of Wisconsin Carry? It's everywhere your going to be.

I'm glad to here the charges were dismissed. There is no reason a law abiding person should have to fear law enforcement for obeying the law. Of course, the totality of the circumstances dictate they should not receive tickets for disorderly conduct!

Lastly, Wisconsin Carry, Inc. has done more for its members in the year and a half than any other group in Wisconsin. Well done WCI!
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Huzzah!

McX
    the only thing that concerns me is there is no mention of cheeseburgers.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    the only thing that concerns me is there is no mention of cheeseburgers.
    Well, I do still owe ya... :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman View Post
    For immediate release:

Van Wagner also added that "The ONLY disturbance created
    on that Saturday evening was by a mass of uniformed Madison police officers and
    squads arriving to investigate law-abiding citizens having dinner"

Ouch Madison PD!! So much for totality of the circumstances Chief Wray.

Makes me proud to be associated with all of you guys. Great Job!

Wow, What a week! Thank you Madison 5 and thank you WCI for standing behind the members!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Wow, been a good week to be a Wisconsonite! Congrats to the 5, WCI, and a good lawyer. Job well done by all. Keep on 'em

Great news and great job by all those involved.

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!

Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar
    http://www.jsonline.com/newswatch/121330023.html

"The only disturbance created on that Saturday evening was by a mass of uniformed Madison police officers and squads arriving to investigate law-abiding citizens having dinner," said Christopher Van Wagner, a defense attorney hired by Wisconsin Carry, Inc. to defend the men.
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman View Post
    Today, Wisconsin Carry is pleased to announce that Attorney Van Wagner has
    informed us that all of the charges against the "Madison 5" have been dismissed.
    According to Attorney Van Wagner "The Madison City Attorney agreed after a full review of the police investigation and 911 call that there was absolutely no
    disturbance created by our members and that the disorderly conduct citations
    were inappropriate".
    Just fantastic!!

Wisconsin Carry will shortly be filing a second civil lawsuit against Madison Police Chief Noble Wray and the City of Madison to obtain damages on behalf of our members for their wrongful detainment and costs associated with disposing of the citations.
    From defense to offense - better yet!

Proud to be a member of Wisconsin Carry, Inc

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    I would like to formally thank Wisconsin Carry Inc for standing up for OC'ers in general and me specifically. When this happened, I was unemployed and it was good that WCI stood up and took control of this.

I am proud to be a member!

So..... when are we filling that Federal lawsuit?

Thumbs up My Thanks To Wisconsin Carry And All Of It's Law Abiding Members!

Thanks to every member of Wisconsin Carry and thanks to all that have supported Wisconsin Carry (members and non members alike!).

This makes me proud to be a member of Wisconsin Carry and is a beacon to all those that exercise their rights.

BTW: I am back in town as of last night. Time to organize more open carry events! My family and I are heading to Lizzy's tomorrow night for dinner. Been a long time since I have had a chance to open carry here in Wisconsin.

Once again, thank you Wisconsin Carry and thanks to the Madison Five! They have gone through a lot these past months.

Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    totality of who? Madison 5 who?...............never heard of them.

now do you see why you want to be a member of Wisconsin Carry? It's everywhere your going to be.
    Can I buy your old Imperial Disruptor off you when your new gold plated/monogrammed with pearl inlay and unobtanium grips one comes in?

Sweet! Congrats guys. oak 1971 just dropped me off from the range and lunch where we unsuccessfully tried to solve our state, Federal, and world problems.

So this is welcomed news indeed. Thanks Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Last edited by HandyHamlet; 05-05-2011 at 02:48 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Proud To Be A Member of Wisconsin Carry

This former Wisconsin resident who now resides in Utah is extremely proud to be a member of such a fine organization as Wisconsin Carry. I just wish circumstances had allowed for me to stay in WI for a couple of more days so I could celebrate with everyone else.

To the Madison 5, thanks for toughing it out and seeing this through.

Carry on friends, proudly carry on.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

One for each of the detainees.
    Took way too long, but I knew it would eventually happen this way.
    Now, about that federal suit...

Good news! Woo Hoo!
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Outstanding job by Wisconsin Carry Inc.! To celebrate this victory, how about every member commit to sign up another member within the next week even if you have to pay their first years dues yourself. We could double our membership in a week and at a crucial time for concealed carry. The more members we have, the more influence WCI will have during the legislative process.
    Jim Burgess
    NRA Lifetime

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast