• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The difficulty of buying a handgun in Chicago post-ban

awnuts

Far as I ever knew you had to buy a handgun or rifle outside city limits and sneak it back in. As far as registering that ended in 1968.And according to Daley he has cleaned up the streets and theres no guns in chicago.There was gabby hartnetts up in lincolnwood that had a range under the bowling alley back in the day but that closed. I worked Bell's guns out west and had to sneak back in everytime to get home to the northside. Tell me things have changed a bit in the last ten years.
Ok I read the article and wow! What hell you have to go through to try and be legal now. So in reality unless you got a ton of extra money laying around it's not likely to happen. Plus that permits only good if your at home and get attacked. So in reading things still suck in the state of chicago.

Last edited:

awnuts

Because daleys had a security force all the time he's been mayor.It's been real easy for him to be anti gun due to the fact he has 24/7 security. His best bet is move to another state so he can live out his days in no fear lol.