Thread: Yes, we finally got the top score from the Brady Bunch

Campaign Veteran

Yes, we finally got the top score from the Brady Bunch

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...ing-worst.html

"Arizona Citizens Defense League spokesman Charles Heller called Arizona's ranking a victory and said his group is working for negative points next year. His group lobbies for gun rights in Arizona and was behind this year's bills to allow guns on college campuses and into public buildings. "

Quote Originally Posted by Notso View Post

"Arizona Citizens Defense League spokesman Charles Heller called Arizona's ranking a victory and said his group is working for negative points next year. His group lobbies for gun rights in Arizona and was behind this year's bills to allow guns on college campuses and into public buildings. "
    When I read the story on yahoo news, they said that the Brady bunch has never given a negative rating, but probaly will next year because of this years new laws, makes me happy! I then read all the comments for the story and was dumbfounded by the ignorance of the masses, there was some good pro 2nd Amendment voices, but way to many Arizonans that don't have a clue, and I think we need to work harder to educate.

Quote Originally Posted by Notso View Post

Congratulations! Not that I personally gaf what the ******** think, but it is now a mark of distinction. We have work to do to lower CO's rating. Denver swallowed up by a sinkhole would be a good start...dragging Boulder in with it....

Congratulations. A true badge of honor.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

FUNNY THING IS The lady that was wounded Legislature is still pro gun after even after being hit with lead hmmmm brady bunch may have a problem with that one

We're hoping for a negative score next year!

Way to go AZCDL!
    $2 Bill - Calling Card of the 2A Movement
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
    Seriously, who is John Galt?
    Vires et honestas

If they actually did their homework NM would get a -2.

They gave us 4 points for not having a parking lot law or allowing guns on campus, but case law considers our vehicles private property, so no need for parking lot law, and same goes for universities. Plus, vehicles also includes bikes, skateboards, folding scooters....anything wheeled, even if you can carry it and stick it in a bag.

Plus, we allow unlicensed CC if unloaded. There's our -2 right there.

I feel gypped, I want the negative points my state already earned

Shameless Sig Plug: Practical Tactical Training - The Best CHL class value in Southern New Mexico. PM me for details or call 575-520-8888

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Congratulations Arizona and kudos to ACDL for a job well done.

Bask in the glory but don't rest too long - there's still wok to be done.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckinchico View Post
    FUNNY THING IS The lady that was wounded Legislature is still pro gun after even after being hit with lead hmmmm brady bunch may have a problem with that one
    Giffords? I've been waiting for word on her position post-shooting. Has she made any statement yet? It should be big news either way, but if still pro-gun I'd expect the main-stream media to ignore it.

I <3 Arizona.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

God bless Arizona.

After reading about some of the other countries gun laws....Depressing. I guess that's why Americans always survive the apocalypse. That and we make the movies. but it doesn't hurt to have a good 1911 all the same.
    T.V. brings on a whole new meaning to thinking inside the box.

-M

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm View Post
    God bless Arizona.

After reading about some of the other countries gun laws....Depressing. I guess that's why Americans always survive the apocalypse. That and we make the movies. but it doesn't hurt to have a good 1911 all the same.
    Good 1911s are all the same - a good choice that will serve you well.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Good 1911s are all the same - a good choice that will serve you well.
    Like the poster says:

45 acp -- because shooting twice is silly.

While I am a huge fan of 1911s--second only to Hi-Powers, don't forget .45ACP is offered in many types of guns--including revolvers. FNH makes a very nice model, some like Blocks...I mean Glocks, M&Ps, 24/7 OSS ( I have one), etc. 1911s take practice to master, the "good ones" aren't cheap, and some consider their mag capacity too low these days. .45ACP is one of the two best stopping rounds, .357 being the other, but don't limit yourself to the 1911 style. Just my 2 centavoes...
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

I'm jealous.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.