• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Yes, we finally got the top score from the Brady Bunch

rickc1962

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/05/05/20110505arizona-gun-ranking-worst.html

"Arizona Citizens Defense League spokesman Charles Heller called Arizona's ranking a victory and said his group is working for negative points next year. His group lobbies for gun rights in Arizona and was behind this year's bills to allow guns on college campuses and into public buildings. "

When I read the story on yahoo news, they said that the Brady bunch has never given a negative rating, but probaly will next year because of this years new laws, makes me happy! I then read all the comments for the story and was dumbfounded by the ignorance of the masses, there was some good pro 2nd Amendment voices, but way to many Arizonans that don't have a clue, and I think we need to work harder to educate.

Gunslinger

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/05/05/20110505arizona-gun-ranking-worst.html

"Arizona Citizens Defense League spokesman Charles Heller called Arizona's ranking a victory and said his group is working for negative points next year. His group lobbies for gun rights in Arizona and was behind this year's bills to allow guns on college campuses and into public buildings. "

Congratulations! Not that I personally gaf what the ******** think, but it is now a mark of distinction. We have work to do to lower CO's rating. Denver swallowed up by a sinkhole would be a good start...dragging Boulder in with it....

PracticalTactical

If they actually did their homework NM would get a -2.

They gave us 4 points for not having a parking lot law or allowing guns on campus, but case law considers our vehicles private property, so no need for parking lot law, and same goes for universities. Plus, vehicles also includes bikes, skateboards, folding scooters....anything wheeled, even if you can carry it and stick it in a bag.

Plus, we allow unlicensed CC if unloaded. There's our -2 right there.

I feel gypped, I want the negative points my state already earned :)

Shameless Sig Plug: Practical Tactical Training - The Best CHL class value in Southern New Mexico. PM me for details or call 575-520-8888

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Congratulations Arizona and kudos to ACDL for a job well done.

Bask in the glory but don't rest too long - there's still wok to be done.

OC4me

FUNNY THING IS The lady that was wounded Legislature is still pro gun after even after being hit with lead hmmmm brady bunch may have a problem with that one

Giffords? I've been waiting for word on her position post-shooting. Has she made any statement yet? It should be big news either way, but if still pro-gun I'd expect the main-stream media to ignore it.

Malcolm

God bless Arizona.

After reading about some of the other countries gun laws....Depressing. I guess that's why Americans always survive the apocalypse. That and we make the movies. but it doesn't hurt to have a good 1911 all the same.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
God bless Arizona.

After reading about some of the other countries gun laws....Depressing. I guess that's why Americans always survive the apocalypse. That and we make the movies. but it doesn't hurt to have a good 1911 all the same.

Good 1911s are all the same - a good choice that will serve you well.

Gunslinger

While I am a huge fan of 1911s--second only to Hi-Powers, don't forget .45ACP is offered in many types of guns--including revolvers. FNH makes a very nice model, some like Blocks...I mean Glocks, M&Ps, 24/7 OSS ( I have one), etc. 1911s take practice to master, the "good ones" aren't cheap, and some consider their mag capacity too low these days. .45ACP is one of the two best stopping rounds, .357 being the other, but don't limit yourself to the 1911 style. Just my 2 centavoes...