Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The AM radio talking heads are all a chatter over Constitutional Carry

The AM radio talking heads are all a chatter over Constitutional Carry

Hope some well spoken members are monitoring the air waves and calling into these shows. So far mostly negative reaction to Constitutional Carry on the Sykes show. Wagner up next. http://www.620wtmj.com/

I'm sure Belling will touch on this too. Anyone here Vicki McKenna's take? http://www.newstalk1130.com/main.html

Jay Weber this morning.

I listen to Jay Weber on Wisn 1130 am in the morning, Today he was supportive of Constitution carry with one exception. He said that with this states anti-gun feeling for so long there was no way Madison would let Constitutional carry go through. It will be a License to carry with some training.

Opinions are like @ssholes on the radio. They are everywhere.

Doesn't change the facts though.
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 05-05-2011 at 02:56 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Opinions are like @ssholes on the radio. They are everywhere.

Doesn't change the facts though.
    Yeah except nothing yet is "fact" and @ssholes can vote.

Vickie McKenna covered it right off the bat this am. Podcast http://www.newstalk1130.com/cc-commo...=vicki_mckenna

Well then I guess I am missing your point. We have three Bills now. Seems to me the hard work by members here is paying off. A quick look and you will notice members are mobilizing for the 12th.

He said that with this states anti-gun feeling for so long there was no way Madison would let Constitutional carry go through.
    This makes no sense. If this is even remotely true why are there three Bills? How could a Constitutional Carry Bill be sponsored? Last I checked the voters spoke and Walker was the result. Hasn't CC passed twice already?

So far mostly negative reaction to Constitutional Carry on the Sykes show.
    This means nothing. A radio show is not reality. A radio show is there to generate numbers to sell add space. How better to do that than let all the dissenters on-air to be rebuffed by the host?
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 05-05-2011 at 04:43 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

This means nothing. A radio show is not reality. A radio show is there to generate numbers to sell add space. How better to do that than let all the dissenters on-air to be rebuffed by the host?
    I would consider it a barometer of which bill is likely to get support. If the conservative Republican talking heads who have a conservative listening audience are overwhelmingly negative towards constitutional carry; And they all call their reps in Madison, which bill do you think will get pushed in the legislature?

We need well spoken supporters of constitutional carry to get on these shows and explain to the teeming millions why permits are a bad idea.

Call a license what it is, a way to regulate the populations access to the right to carry. By tax (fee) requirements that can be manipulated depending on what the administration wants at that particular moment. You want this license, well its $300.00. Training requirements that can be altered to be nearly insurmountable, then who knows what kind of crap they come up with. Physiological testing?
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1 View Post
    Call a license what it is, a way to regulate the populations access to the right to carry. By tax (fee) requirements that can be manipulated depending on what the administration wants at that particular moment. You want this license, well its $300.00. Training requirements that can be altered to be nearly insurmountable, then who knows what kind of crap they come up with. Physiological testing?
    Zactly Right!

Control

Tax

all bad.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    A co-worker mentioned he heard this on the radio this morning.

He said he thinks the numbers on both sides are wrong and that concealed carry does nothing to either reduce or increase crime; and in light of that, people should be able to carry as they please. At least he's come to the right conclusion!

I emailed Jerry Bader ( Morning talk show host WTAQ 97.5 FM / 1360 AM ) yesterday.. this morning ( 8:30am -11:00 am ) he talked about it on his show which is on in the Green Bay area, Sheboygan area & the Wausau area his show gets the most coverage in the state.

HERE is a linky to the CC segment > http://www.wtaq.com/podcasts/jerry-b...would-be-nice/
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

now would be a good time to have a Constitutional Carry Rally in Madtown.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Belling believes in "reasonable restrictions." Where have we heard that before? I tried to call in, but the lines were all busy.

http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/182...g_Show_Podcast
    Last edited by protias; 05-05-2011 at 09:29 PM.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Belling believes in "reasonable restrictions." Where have we heard that before? I tried to call in, but the lines were all busy.

http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/182...g_Show_Podcast
    He's not a gun guy and doesn't get it.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    He's not a gun guy and doesn't get it.
    I really wish he would interview Nik.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    I really wish he would interview Nik.
    Me too.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    yeah that's the FM radio talking heads

Campaign Veteran
    Yeah there was quite a buzz yesterday morning on the radio. 95.1 F.M was talking about it.........I had to turn it off and remove that station from my presets! Then I heard a bit on Charlie Syke's radio show when I was laying down before work. I had to turn that off too.....don't think I'll be listening to him much anytime soon.
    Ya know this is easily comparable to so many other issues that people don't get. They get pissed because there are talking heads and masses who don't truly understand the issues that they feel important but then they themselves critique issues they do not have valid knowledge on, further inciting others to do the same.

UPFRONT with Mike Gousha

See my state senator and flee bagger "Sticky Fingers Larson" speak against all those scarey guns.

State Sens. Pam Galloway, R-Wausau, and Chris Larson, D-Milwaukee, discuss the pros and cons of concealed carry legislation.

http://www.wisn.com/video/27897429/detail.html

Jumpy Citizenry

I was going to say nothing new from the Constitution haters but I was wrong.

"And further if we start having people, or people thinking that people have guns, you're gonna be more inclined ta arm yourself. And it leads to Jumpy Citizenry. "

Ah yes, the Jumpy Citizenry argument.

And just for laughs:

"These states that have concealed carry, well the fact that there's 48 states that have 'em, they're in the lower half. We are one of the best. We are one of the safest states. This is not something we need to have... It's really not required in our safe state."

Can't argue with that logic. Because there is none. And yet he vomits bullsh*t with the Mr Serious Face like a champ.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

Kenosha AM 1050 News Mentiones Concealed Carry.....

A short news item on Kenosha AM raido 1050...

Something about Milwaukee (Government) is backtracking on it's original stand (against) the concealed carry bill after hearing what the cheif of police has to say... and something about the cheif is asking for 2 changes.... to make it a felony to concealed carry without a permit and to buy a firearm for someone who is not legally able to own one...

The closing sentence was... "The Republicans and Scott Walker say the WILL pass a CONCEALED Carry Bill"...

I am thinking that the term "Concealed" is almost becoming generic by those (reporters) that are not knowledgeable of "Constitutional" Carry.....

The replay the same newscast every half hour throughtout the day....

Outdoorsman1
    Last edited by Outdoorsman1; 05-17-2011 at 10:46 AM. Reason: add info
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

concealed is generic. May issue, shall issue, or constitutional carry all allow concealed carry in some form. The only people talking about the semantics will be those who have been following all along while the term was coined and take offense.

If we passed a constitutional carry and you heard someone say "Hey, WI passed concealed carry" Are you going to feel obligated to correct them?

I wont, but all I care about it the meat and potatos of the bill. I'de rather see "gun people" quit saying "clip" when they mean "magazine"

We have three Bills now.
    Technically there are three, but realistically there are only two. AB126 in the house is a companion bill to SB90 in the senate.

When they want to fast track legislation the can run the same legislation through the House and the Senate at the same time and then they settle any differnces in Joint Committe.

Once "it" is passed into law, I won't care what people call it...

I suppose that "concealed" does cover any and all possible outcomes, I just think that by hearing "concealed" someone without knowledge will automatically assume "Permits" and "Training" and base their opinion accordingly....

Thanks for the clarification of why "Concealed" is in fact a generic term... good answer.

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

This Morning on the Jay Weber show Gov. Walker said he supported a permit conceal carry and People like Chief Flynn Milwaukee Police Chief should have some influence in writing the conceal carry bill. I was not happy to hear this. Even though Flynn was not here at the time it was his ilk that supported Doyle when he vetoed the bills in the past.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast