• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The AM radio talking heads are all a chatter over Constitutional Carry

Outdoorsman1

Kenosha AM 1050 News Mentiones Concealed Carry.....

A short news item on Kenosha AM raido 1050...

Something about Milwaukee (Government) is backtracking on it's original stand (against) the concealed carry bill after hearing what the cheif of police has to say... and something about the cheif is asking for 2 changes.... to make it a felony to concealed carry without a permit and to buy a firearm for someone who is not legally able to own one...

The closing sentence was... "The Republicans and Scott Walker say the WILL pass a CONCEALED Carry Bill"...

I am thinking that the term "Concealed" is almost becoming generic by those (reporters) that are not knowledgeable of "Constitutional" Carry.....

The replay the same newscast every half hour throughtout the day....

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

apierce918

concealed is generic. May issue, shall issue, or constitutional carry all allow concealed carry in some form. The only people talking about the semantics will be those who have been following all along while the term was coined and take offense.

If we passed a constitutional carry and you heard someone say "Hey, WI passed concealed carry" Are you going to feel obligated to correct them?

I wont, but all I care about it the meat and potatos of the bill. I'de rather see "gun people" quit saying "clip" when they mean "magazine"

BROKENSPROKET

We have three Bills now.

Technically there are three, but realistically there are only two. AB126 in the house is a companion bill to SB90 in the senate.

When they want to fast track legislation the can run the same legislation through the House and the Senate at the same time and then they settle any differnces in Joint Committe.

Outdoorsman1

Once "it" is passed into law, I won't care what people call it...

I suppose that "concealed" does cover any and all possible outcomes, I just think that by hearing "concealed" someone without knowledge will automatically assume "Permits" and "Training" and base their opinion accordingly....

Thanks for the clarification of why "Concealed" is in fact a generic term... good answer.

Outdoorsman1

Grizz272

This Morning on the Jay Weber show Gov. Walker said he supported a permit conceal carry and People like Chief Flynn Milwaukee Police Chief should have some influence in writing the conceal carry bill. I was not happy to hear this. Even though Flynn was not here at the time it was his ilk that supported Doyle when he vetoed the bills in the past.

apierce918

This Morning on the Jay Weber show Gov. Walker said he supported a permit conceal carry and People like Chief Flynn Milwaukee Police Chief should have some influence in writing the conceal carry bill. I was not happy to hear this. Even though Flynn was not here at the time it was his ilk that supported Doyle when he vetoed the bills in the past.

well the chief should have pleaded his case at the public hearing along with everyone else who wanted a say in it

edit: and as long as Walker signs what the people want, and not what mr. chief wants, I dont care what he supports.

Last edited:

protias

Walker also said he supports the right to carry. I think he slipped out the word permit once and quickly "corrected" himself by saying right to carry.