Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Petition to get on ballot for the people to vote on open carry/constitutional carry.

  1. #1
    Regular Member Rick H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hoover, Alabama
    Posts
    323

    Petition to get on ballot for the people to vote on open carry/constitutional carry.

    Who can Make a great Petition up so as we can start getting signatures for
    open carry/constitutional carry on record and maybe on a ballet for an electoral
    vote? With the right amount of signatures? I believe this is a doable thing or at
    least a great way to show the legislators of this state that this is what the people
    want. And not one of those online type either, just paper.

    I am willing to get a lot of them every day. I have a lot of time on my hands and wouldn't mind, plus I have a lot of people that would do this as well and if ever person pitched in this could even get some media attention as well.
    Last edited by Rick H; 05-05-2011 at 01:29 PM.
    God Bless America.

  2. #2
    Regular Member firedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    FL/NC
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick H View Post
    Who can Make a great Petition up so as we can start getting signatures for
    open carry/constitutional carry on record and maybe on a ballet for an electoral
    vote? With the right amount of signatures? I believe this is a doable thing or at
    least a great way to show the legislators of this state that this is what the people
    want. And not one of those online type either, just paper.

    I am willing to get a lot of them every day. I have a lot of time on my hands and wouldn't mind, plus I have a lot of people that would do this as well and if ever person pitched in this could even get some media attention as well.
    I think you’ll lose. Majority will not be in our favor. If you read the (SB 129 - Oklahoma "Open Carry" Fight) thread and listen to the third clip you’ll hear them discuss polls and petitions. The representative infers that the desires of the majority out way the rights of the minority. On this issue I do not think we have the majority. The anti’s and the mainstream media have put out way to much propaganda against any & all things having to do with guns. We need to stick to the constitutional right aspect of our argument. Rights, safety and respect of law abiding citizens regardless whether they are the majority or minority is the issue.

    An open vote to all Floridians will not be productive. IMHO.. I don't even think we even have a majority among the concealed carry permit holders. Open Carry supporters are the minority on this issue. I even saw people at the local gun show refuse to sign a petition in favor of open carry. Can you believe that?
    Last edited by firedog; 05-05-2011 at 02:01 PM.
    2A - "Shall not be infringed". Our fathers said so!
    All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida, USA
    Posts
    412
    You'll only need about 700,000 verifiable signatures.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Rick H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hoover, Alabama
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by firedog View Post
    I think youíll lose. Majority will not be in our favor. If you read the (SB 129 - Oklahoma "Open Carry" Fight) thread and listen to the third clip youíll hear them discuss polls and petitions. The representative infers that the desires of the majority out way the rights of the minority. On this issue I do not think we have the majority. The antiís and the mainstream media have put out way to much propaganda against any & all things having to do with guns. We need to stick to the constitutional right aspect of our argument. Rights, safety and respect of law abiding citizens regardless whether they are the majority or minority is the issue.

    An open vote to all Floridians will not be productive. IMHO.. I don't even think we even have a majority among the concealed carry permit holders. Open Carry supporters are the minority on this issue. I even saw people at the local gun show refuse to sign a petition in favor of open carry. Can you believe that?
    But there is something in the state of Florida that Oklahoma Doesn't have, a very large number of Military personal that believe that they need a reason to fight for something and the Constitution would be just that right reason. With that said, I believe their families would vote the same as them for the same reason, to justify them being in the military as to fight for our rights and freedoms of the United States. That is what they believe in and swore to uphold.
    So yes there is a fighting chance we could win at this. I tried to joined the military but was able to make it in. Age, Disabilities, you know the things that the United States of America is against.
    Oh wait the United States government is against our freedoms and our constitution aren't they, I forgot.
    God Bless America.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Rick H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hoover, Alabama
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by brboyer View Post
    You'll only need about 700,000 verifiable signatures.
    So lets get them, How many people belong to these forums? if this is what they/we want then they/we too will need to get up off their lazy arshes and contribute to this cause, If not, quit talking and sit back and let the Government keep controlling us.

    I'll sign it will you?
    Last edited by Rick H; 05-05-2011 at 02:37 PM.
    God Bless America.

  6. #6
    Regular Member rvrctyrngr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    SE of DiSOrDEr, ,
    Posts
    363
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick H View Post
    So lets get them, How many people belong to these forums? if this is what they/we want then they/we too will need to get up off their lazy arshes and contribute to this cause, If not, quit talking and sit back and let the Government keep controlling us.

    I'll sign it will you?
    Sure, I'll sign it.

    A similar petition circulated these forums for over 3 years and garnered about 6K sigs in that time...none of which were verifiable....just to give you a point of reference.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick H View Post
    But there is something in the state of Florida that Oklahoma Doesn't have, a very large number of Military personal that believe that they need a reason to fight for something and the Constitution would be just that right reason. With that said, I believe their families would vote the same as them for the same reason, to justify them being in the military as to fight for our rights and freedoms of the United States. That is what they believe in and swore to uphold.
    So yes there is a fighting chance we could win at this. I tried to joined the military but was able to make it in. Age, Disabilities, you know the things that the United States of America is against.
    Oh wait the United States government is against our freedoms and our constitution aren't they, I forgot.
    I'm just curious, but do you have any clue just how many military people are in Oklahoma? Tinker AFB is a depot base along with the only state-side base for the AWACS and it has Navy people stationed on it. And then there's Vance and Altus AFB along with multiple Army bases around the state. And then there's a TON of retired vets in the area of Tinker (I don't know about the other bases) and there's something like 15,000+ civilians employed by Tinker alone.

    And while the government as a whole might be against our freedoms, the military is a different beast and most of the individuals in the military are for our freedoms (the services as a whole typically don't have an opinion on non-military matters as it isn't their place to have one and risk getting bogged down in politics).

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    121
    Military In Oklahoma

    •Army 14,889
    •Navy & Marine Corps 841
    •Air Force 9,504
    •Coast Guard 51
    •Active Duty Military 25,234
    •Reserve and National Guard 21,940
    •Total Personnel 47,174

    ----------------------------------------------------

    Military In Florida

    •Army 2,982
    •Navy & Marine Corps 23,223
    •Air Force 24,526
    •Coast Guard 4,757
    •Active Duty Military 50,731
    •Reserve and National Guard 53,902
    •Total Personnel 109,390

    Source: Above Information Courtesy of American Forces News Service
    Last edited by seminoles1999; 05-05-2011 at 03:15 PM.

  9. #9
    Regular Member firedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    FL/NC
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    I'm just curious, but do you have any clue just how many military people are in Oklahoma? Tinker AFB is a depot base along with the only state-side base for the AWACS and it has Navy people stationed on it. And then there's Vance and Altus AFB along with multiple Army bases around the state. And then there's a TON of retired vets in the area of Tinker (I don't know about the other bases) and there's something like 15,000+ civilians employed by Tinker alone.

    And while the government as a whole might be against our freedoms, the military is a different beast and most of the individuals in the military are for our freedoms (the services as a whole typically don't have an opinion on non-military matters as it isn't their place to have one and risk getting bogged down in politics).
    OK Thatís funny. We post a few threads about Oklahoma and in pops a poster from Oklahoma. Welcome! I only watch two states but it seems a lot of people from other states were watching this issue in FL. Just made me laugh.. I see you guys have got issues in Oklahoma over the OC drive also. Good luck to you guys.
    2A - "Shall not be infringed". Our fathers said so!
    All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Rick H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hoover, Alabama
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    I'm just curious, but do you have any clue just how many military people are in Oklahoma? Tinker AFB is a depot base along with the only state-side base for the AWACS and it has Navy people stationed on it. And then there's Vance and Altus AFB along with multiple Army bases around the state. And then there's a TON of retired vets in the area of Tinker (I don't know about the other bases) and there's something like 15,000+ civilians employed by Tinker alone.

    And while the government as a whole might be against our freedoms, the military is a different beast and most of the individuals in the military are for our freedoms (the services as a whole typically don't have an opinion on non-military matters as it isn't their place to have one and risk getting bogged down in politics).
    I do understand that there are a lot of bases around the world, but when in my dealings with the day to day around here at least in my area and in the area's surrounding Macdill Air Force Base, as well as most of my service customer that I work with.
    I have a custom of talking to the soldiers/families abroad and they were for the most part excited to say the least as to be able to Open Carry when not on base.
    God Bless America.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Rick H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Hoover, Alabama
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by seminoles1999 View Post
    Military In Oklahoma

    •Army 14,889
    •Navy & Marine Corps 841
    •Air Force 9,504
    •Coast Guard 51
    •Active Duty Military 25,234
    •Reserve and National Guard 21,940
    •Total Personnel 47,174

    ----------------------------------------------------

    Military In Florida

    •Army 2,982
    •Navy & Marine Corps 23,223
    •Air Force 24,526
    •Coast Guard 4,757
    •Active Duty Military 50,731
    •Reserve and National Guard 53,902
    •Total Personnel 109,390

    Source: Above Information Courtesy of American Forces News Service
    Like I said before, We have a lot of military here in Florida.....LOL
    Now if we can get them and their families to sign this and all the people
    that believe in the Constitution and the 2nd amendment we might just be able to get this thru
    with Open carry Fishing event's and flyers and people willing to give out info and talking to others
    and informing them that this is not only right, but is a constitutional right then ????????????????????
    Last edited by Rick H; 05-05-2011 at 03:26 PM.
    God Bless America.

  12. #12
    Regular Member firedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    FL/NC
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick H View Post
    Who can Make a great Petition up so as we can start getting signatures for
    open carry/constitutional carry on record and maybe on a ballet for an electoral
    vote? With the right amount of signatures? I believe this is a doable thing or at
    least a great way to show the legislators of this state that this is what the people
    want. And not one of those online type either, just paper.

    I am willing to get a lot of them every day. I have a lot of time on my hands and wouldn't mind, plus I have a lot of people that would do this as well and if ever person pitched in this could even get some media attention as well.
    An example of the support out there. This is what was posted in the open carry forum from http://floridaconcealedcarry.com/For...4-Passed/page5 site:
    Putting constitutional rights arguments aside, I'm not clear why this bill isn't a positive for concealed carry in Florida. It seems like a good step to me, but I'm not interested in open carry anyway.

    Given the legislative challenges of critical importance facing Florida at this time, I'm surprised OC received as much attention as it did. Let's hope the legislature accomplishes something meaningful to lift the economy and put the state on a course towards fiscal health.
    This from CCW holder. We have less support by pro gun people as much as we have the general pro gun public. Sad...
    Last edited by firedog; 05-05-2011 at 07:35 PM.
    2A - "Shall not be infringed". Our fathers said so!
    All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •