• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Copy of my email to my representatives

bigdaddy1

Here is the email I sent to Peggy Krusik and Tim Carpenter (both are Democrats) regarding the Constitutional carry legislation.

I am writing to ask you to support Senator Pam Galloway's and Rep. Jeff Marsau's bill LRB-2007/1 for Constitutional Carry in Wisconsin. Several states currently have or have introduced legislation for Constitutional Carry, and I feel Wisconsin should not left behind with citizens rights.

I know there are those that feel a special license and training should be required, however Wisconsin's own Constitution states we can keep and bear arms for any legal purpose. We also can currently openly carry firearms for our protection. To suddenly make the requirement to have a license (and fee's are another word for taxes) and expensive third party training would be a step backward for Wisconsin..

I hope I can count on your support in keeping Wisconsin moving forward.

Short and to the point. Less chance of them loosing interest (political ADT)

CalicoJack10

Here is the email I sent to Peggy Krusik and Tim Carpenter (both are Democrats) regarding the Constitutional carry legislation.

I am writing to ask you to support Senator Pam Galloway's and Rep. Jeff Marsau's bill LRB-2007/1 for Constitutional Carry in Wisconsin. Several states currently have or have introduced legislation for Constitutional Carry, and I feel Wisconsin should not left behind with citizens rights.

I know there are those that feel a special license and training should be required, however Wisconsin's own Constitution states we can keep and bear arms for any legal purpose. We also can currently openly carry firearms for our protection. To suddenly make the requirement to have a license (and fee's are another word for taxes) and expensive third party training would be a step backward for Wisconsin..

Nice!!!

XDFDE45

Nicely worded. Mind if I copy this and send it to them as well as they are both my reps?

johnny amish

Very cool and thank you. I will do the same.

Outdoorsman1

Just a thought...

As we complain about our reps replying with "canned" or "form" letters, perhaps if one of ours gets "Copied and Pasted" (especially to the same rep).. it might seem to them that it is some sort of form letter from us... Perhaps a little personalizaton would be in order...

like i said... Just a thought...

Outdoorsman1

bigdaddy1

if someone wants to copy my format thats ok with me. If you want to make some changes to personalize it by all means, just get them out to your representatives.

Outdoorsman1

Ok.. My E-mail after a few cut and pastes from others....

Requesting Your Support"
Sen.wirch@legis.wisconsin.gov
Cc: Rep.kerkman@legis.wisconsin.gov

I am writing to you today in regards to the newly released bills addressing concealed carry of a firearm in Wisconsin .

I have read the bills thoroughly and had a chance to scrutinize every line; I feel it is prudent that I send you this letter regarding your support of said legislation. Because I have had a chance to review in detail LRB-2007/1, LRB-2033/1, and LRB-2027/1, I feel that there are some items that desperately need to be brought to your attention.

As I am a proponent of “Constitutional Carry”, I wish to address the fact that it would seem that there is one and only one that addresses Constitutional Carry aspect of no permits, no fee’s, and no mandatory training.

I am writing to ask for you’re support for Senator Pam Galloway's and Rep. Jeff Marsau's bill LRB-2007/1 for Constitutional Carry in Wisconsin .

I would like to point out that the other 2 bills have included licensing, while in fact, there is no license pertaining to my current legal right openly carrying a firearm. So in effect, to simply cover my sidearm that I currently open carry every day, I would have to pay a (permit) fee. I sincerely hope not…

As a member of “Wisconsin Carry” and after having countless discussions with many or your constituents in my dally practice of open carrying my firearm, I have yet to meet anyone who is in favor of having to pay to obtain a permit to wear a jacket or shirt over their firearm.

So I would respectfully ask as a law abiding resident of Wisconsin and a member of your district, please support Bill # LRB-2007/1 (Constitutional Carry Bill”) by signing on as co-authors/co-sponsors to LRB 11-20071. Based on the constitutional right to keep and bear arms, it is 19 pages of almost perfection! Again, please consider signing on by the May 9th deadline, so that soon we will not have to pay a permit fee to continue our already legal right (only in a concealed manner).

I know there are special interest groups that concealed (or open) carry in Wisconsin is the worst thing that could ever happen and that permits and training should be required but, literally thousands in Wisconsin ( and millions nation wide) currently openly carry firearms daily without any “Headlines” that read... “Person Mistakenly Shot By Open Carrier”. Law abiding people that choose to exercise their legal and constitutional rights will more often than not choose training not only to be as prepared as possible but to be confident for their own safety as well as the safety of others.

Wisconsin's own Constitution states we can keep and bear arms for any legal purpose.

To suddenly make the requirement to have a license would be a step backward for Wisconsin in providing its citizens the least intrusive way of exercising their constitutional rights.

With all due respect, let’s keep partisan politics out of this issue and support and vote based on what the law abiding people in your district deserve… Constitutional Carry

I hope I can count on your support and sincerely thank you for your time in reading this letter and for your consideration of my request. I look forward to your reply via my home e-mail ...xxxxx_xxxx@yahoo.com or any means listed below...

XXXXXXX. XXXX
XXX X. XXXXXXX XX
Silver Lake, WI. 53170

1-262-XXX-XXXX

Last edited:

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
Another version

Dear (Senator/Representative) xxxxxxxxx:

I am aware that the legislature is considering concealed carry for Wisconsin and that there are currently two versions of the legislation being considered. I am writing to request you support (LRB−2007/1) the "NO PERMIT" version.

Our right to carry as a "fundamental" right and Wisconsin has NEVER required a permit to exercise any fundamental right. The "open carry" or visible carrying, of a firearm has always been legal, without permit, and thousands of people in Wisconsin freely exercise their right to carry openly on a daily basis.

In Clark County Wisconsin, the circuit judge there has overturned the prohibition on concealed carry and we can carry concealed there already today. In Jackson County Wisconsin, the District Attorney does not prosecute those who carry concealed today. In both these examples, individuals are freely exercising their right to carry concealed in Wisconsin without issue, incident, or permit and, without placing law enforcement at any additional risk. A permit system would infringe on the rights of those who are already freely exercising their rights today and many other states, that have been/are "permit-to-carry" are going away from the permitting systems.

I would ask you to consider, that the only difference between "open" (legal in every county in Wisconsin today) carry and "concealed" (legal in two counties today) carry is the fact that the defensive device cannot be seen. Requiring mandatory training that costs hundreds of dollars has the potential to limit the ability to carry to only those with broader financial means. Is that really the message the legislature wants to send, that concealed carry is only for the affluent, abandoning an entire socio-economic class? As "open carry" (not concealed) is legal today, and as thousands of people are already exercising their right to carry today, why should the citizens in Wisconsin be required to have mandated training, pay a fee, and have our names added to a list, just because we put on a coat?

With Wisconsin's current budget crisis, the last thing the legislature should be considering is more government employees, more bureaucracy, and higher taxes.

Lastly, I would point out that there are over seventy (70) mentions of "firearm" in the almost 1,000 chapters of state statutes. The "NO PERMIT" or FREE bill is 19 pages in length. The permit version of the bill is almost sixty (60) pages, over three(3) times as large. I would encourage you to consider the citizens in Wisconsin want more freedom, not more bureaucracy and regulation. For these reasons, I again respectfully request that you support and sponsor (LRB−2007/1), "NO PERMIT" concealed carry in Wisconsin.

Respectfully submitted,

Last edited:

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
An irresistible force

Wow! Some great letters! You guys sure don't sound like radical gun nuts to me.... :D With this kind of campaign working on our representatives, they can't help but get the message. I am going to write my reps again and even though my writing can't match yours, another voice and another voice and another voice all add up to an irresistible force. Thanks, guys!

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

Wow! Some great letters! You guys sure don't sound like radical gun nuts to me.... :D With this kind of campaign working on our representatives, they can't help but get the message. I am going to write my reps again and even though my writing can't match yours, another voice and another voice and another voice all add up to an irresistible force. Thanks, guys!

My letter is only as good as those who contributed to it...(Cut and Paste)..... which is why I am proud to be a member of this AWESOME organization.....

Outdoorsman1

Left119

Great Job!!

These letters are GREAT! I hope everyone uses them to "cut and paste" a personal letter together , and the sends them in! I have time to do this tomorrow. If I have this right Kedzie and Nass are leading this?

paul@paul-fisher.com

These letters are GREAT! I hope everyone uses them to "cut and paste" a personal letter together , and the sends them in! I have time to do this tomorrow. If I have this right Kedzie and Nass are leading this?

Leading what? Representative Mursau and Senator Galloway are leading this.

Kedzie and Nass are my Senator and Representative as well. Kedzie has comitted to support 2007-1, the Constitutional Carry version, Nass hasn't responded to me as of yet.

I believe the most pressure needs to be put on our Representatives. Rumors have it that 2007-1 will be introduced in the Senate but it is being blocked in the House.

XDFDE45

I sent a letter that was a little bit of the letters posted here and added some things of my own to Carpenter and Krusick last week. Funny thing is not 15 minutes after I hit "send" the mail man came and there was a letter from Carpenter addressed to me. Here is what I got:
May 5, 2011

XXXXX XXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Milwaukee, WI XXXXX

Dear XXXXX,

Today, I received a copy of a petition that you signed in favor of concealed carry in Wisconsin. I appreciate hearing your comments as it helps me to better represent the district.

It now looks likely that the issue of concealed carry and/or constitutional carry will be brought up before the senate for a vote in this legislative session. It is possible that the bill may be amended before it comes to the floor; I will be paying close attention to the upcoming public hearing, and any amendments the committee might offer. Regardless, I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind if the bill comes to the floor for a vote.

You may be interested to know that in the past, I have supported and voted for reasonable concealed carry legislation. I support concealed carry for retired peace officers; I support concealed carry for judges, serving and retired. I support the right of home owners and business owners to protect their business by having access to a concealed weapon on their property.

You may recall that a Wisconsin Supreme Court decision specifically found that in order to be meaningful, our right to bear arms in Wisconsin should include a right ti have a concealed weapon to protect one's home or business. The court decision invited the legislature to put into the statutes a law that clarifies this right.

I thought you might also like to know about several other issues that came before the legislature in previous sessions. You may recall that after Hurricane Katrina devastated the Gulf Coast, many residents relied upon their lawfully owned firearms to protect their homes and families as police were overwhelmed. As the crisis spread, however, the New Orleans Police Superintendent ordered the confiscation of all residents' firearms.

Assembly Bill 581, a bill to prevent the seizure of firearms from lawful owners during a declared state of emergency, passed both the houses of legislature and is now the law in Wisconsin. I voted for AB 581 both in the Committee and when it came before the full Senate for a vote.

It would be difficult to imagine circumstances when the availability to protect your home would be more necessary than during a natural disaster or civil unrest when the police force is overwhelmed. Nothing in AB 581 is intended to diminish or decrease the authority of law enforcement to retain civil order or fight crime during a state of emergency. But AB 581 will allow families to protect themselves while law enforcement proceeds with the difficult task of saving lives and restoring order.

Next, I voted for AB 130,which would ensure that a member of the Wisconsin National Guard, who is not a resident of Wisconsin, will be able to obtain hunting, fishing, and trapping licenses at the resident rate. This bill is now signed into law.

I also voted for the constitutional right to hunt, fish and trap in Wisconsin.

I continue to stand ready to work with any bill that is brought before the Senate, to make sure that it is the best bill possible for the safety of the people of the Third Senate District, and for Wisconsin.

I look forward to hearing from you in the future on any issues that concern you.

Best wishes,

Tim Carpenter
State Senator

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Code words and double speak

I sent a letter that was a little bit of the letters posted here and added some things of my own to Carpenter and Krusick last week. Funny thing is not 15 minutes after I hit "send" the mail man came and there was a letter from Carpenter addressed to me. Here is what I got:
May 5, 2011....

You may be interested to know that in the past, I have supported and voted for reasonable concealed carry legislation. I support concealed carry for retired peace officers; I support concealed carry for judges, serving and retired. I support the right of home owners and business owners to protect their business by having access to a concealed weapon on their property.

Best wishes,

Tim Carpenter
State Senator
Code words and double speak for LIMITED RIGHTS.

bigdaddy1

Carpenter and Krusik are my reps also, and I have sent them several emails regarding the carry acts. I have recieved 1 canned response from Krusik, nothng from Carpenter. I get a slightly more positive vibe from Krusik, I wouldnt trust Carpenter as far as I could spit.