• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My P-38 holster came today.

j4l

donut.jpg

~*'Phoenix'*~

squirt gun, bright orange airsoft pistol, opencarry.org business cards, wallet and phone;
dunkin donuts coupons are just gonna go out of the way to show them you're out to screw with them, not really gonna help their opinion of you or open carry.
business cards promoting known candidates for the upcoming election who are pro-OC/constitutional carry, once we find some, or for now with the 2nd amendment typed on them with INFRINGED bolded and underlined.
or maybe:
"the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall {not - crossed out} be infringed ~~FL senate, 2010."

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
dunkin donuts coupons are just gonna go out of the way to show them you're out to screw with them

Only the ones who go out of their way to intimidate and subjugate under color of law... The 'good ones' (if there is such a thing) will never see it. Those who cross that line deserve a little ribbing at the least. Those who don't, well, don't and won't. See, the coupons are CONCEALED, and there is no RAS/PC for a search/detainment... So, the only way they'll see my 'donut seeds' is if they are traitors.

Come to think of it... A few rural Deputies, and the FHP, are the only Cops I've met who seem to have any respect for Citizens or their Rights.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
One of the better parts of this is that you can go sterile. I carry a little cash in my pocket for shopping, and that's it. No ID, no gun, no credit cards, nothing that could identify me. And I refuse to give my name, since I know there is no RAS/PC; Hiibel vs Nevada only applies when Terry vs Ohio applies.

j4l

exactly. and yes, the ones who cross the line may get their hackels up about being called out,but....sarcasm...interesting new tool of war.

j4l

"since I know there is no RAS/PC;"

actually, you never DO "know" if there is or not. that's an assumption the accused makes-and an exuse the guilty usually try to use. unless or until that officer identifies what calls or dispatch he may have received that got him onto you-you have no idea.
you might fit the description of, or even be, THE guy some one called in as looking suspicious ( a signal -13P) or whatever. Just because you know or dont think you did anything "wrong" -that's subjective itself. Someone else may think otherwise, and it's the job of that officer to look into it if dispatched to do so.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
It's also very hard to argue that I'm concealing the firearm that goes with that 30rnd AK magazine and that they were searching for that gun.... I can't even conceal a G20 or 1911, forget an AK-47.... I'd really like to hear the prosecution make that argument, or try to use that as a defense for a 1983.... It's probably the only circumstance in which a judge can't stretch qualified immunity that far... It's just way out there.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
"since I know there is no RAS/PC;"

actually, you never DO "know" if there is or not. that's an assumption the accused makes-and an exuse the guilty usually try to use. unless or until that officer identifies what calls or dispatch he may have received that got him onto you-you have no idea.
you might fit the description of, or even be, THE guy some one called in as looking suspicious ( a signal -13P) or whatever. Just because you know or dont think you did anything "wrong" -that's subjective itself. Someone else may think otherwise, and it's the job of that officer to look into it if dispatched to do so.

This is true. And I've pointed out that most city PDs keep a bulletin board of descriptions so that you'll match one of them no matter who you are...

j4l

This is true. And I've pointed out that most city PDs keep a bulletin board of descriptions so that you'll match one of them no matter who you are...

Im talking about a 911 call or even a call to the non-emergency #s.Not standing BOLOs.
The "hey,emmm there's this crazy-looking guy who keeps walking past my place with an AK duct-taped to his thigh..." calls. etc.
If Im the guy making that call about a suspicious person in my area, you bet yer asss Im wanting that officer to check that guy out. Im not wanting to hear "probable this" or "probable that" -there's a reason the guy has drawn my attention.Something out of whack that needs looking at. And that is the officer's job to do so.
If the officer does so, and it turns out to be nothing-then fine, no harm, no foul.

(sarcasm, relax,Mary) but you get the idea...

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Sarcasm aside, you've created an entirely unrelated scenario that has nothing to do with what I'm suggesting or doing. As such, it isn't helpful...

j4l

It wasnt meant for anything other than killing off that silly "ras" excuse everyone tries to use. If we're going to fight this thing, we need to start using viable, effective ammo.
Not criminal-mindset word play, nor the excuses used by criminals.

Japle

I've got a plastic 1911A1 that looks so real I used to use it to screw with 2nd Lieutenants. It was fun to watch them doing weapon inventory and come up with one too many guns. It’s flat black and has original plastic GI grips on it.

If you want to take a chance on getting tased, I’ll send it to you.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
If you want to take a chance on getting tased, I’ll send it to you.

Nah, I'm going for the no excuses approach. Only the blatantly anti-american need be stuck in the face.

I'm going for the "obviously not a gun" and/or "no way to know, it's concealed" angles.

I could use case law relating to carrying on or about one's person in a holster that entirely conceals the gun. I know the statute, but I'm looking for cite-able settled law. And then, there won't even be a gun in it when they perform their illegal search. So the evidence they fish for won't be there.

I'm going to use my P38 holster as a "man purse." It's the only thing I can use as such that isn't, well, a purse. :p It'll be the manliest purse on Earth.... :p