• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My P-38 holster came today.

j4l

Nah, I'm going for the no excuses approach. Only the blatantly anti-american need be stuck in the face.

I'm going for the "obviously not a gun" and/or "no way to know, it's concealed" angles.

I could use case law relating to carrying on or about one's person in a holster that entirely conceals the gun. I know the statute, but I'm looking for cite-able settled law. And then, there won't even be a gun in it when they perform their illegal search. So the evidence they fish for won't be there.

I'm going to use my P38 holster as a "man purse." It's the only thing I can use as such that isn't, well, a purse. :p It'll be the manliest purse on Earth.... :p

We need to get u some little skulls to put on it lol.

swatpamike

will this work?

I carry my Kel-tec in a leather pouch attacted to my belt. The pouch looks like a camera case. Is there a problem in doing this in Florida??

Cheers

Mike

DSC07938.jpg

DSC07937.jpg

DSC07936.jpg

~*'Phoenix'*~

I carry my Kel-tec in a leather pouch attacted to my belt. The pouch looks like a camera case. Is there a problem in doing this in Florida??

Cheers

Mike

DSC07938.jpg

DSC07937.jpg

DSC07936.jpg

Completely legal. I made something similar for my m1934. I've worn it without a gun everywhere I go for weeks. Noone has yet noticed it or mentioned anything. Church, stores, CAMPUS, I've walked between two security guards and IN FRONT OF BSO sheriffs ON CAMPUS and nobody's noticed it or checked me on it. I'm basically trying to get it noticed and see how long it takes for anyone to "call me out" on it before I carry in it, but since this doesn't seem to be happening. Maybe I should embroider a Beretta logo on the front flap... I doubt even that would do anything, 95% of the sheeple wouldn't even know what THAT was... I expect I'll be carrying in it soon (where I legally can). It's still a useful belt pack for carrying wallet, keys, phone, pens, combs, nail clippers, laptop mouse, multi-tools, whenever I don't want to cram my pockets, if I can't have a gun in it on a given day.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I've been OCing my giant P38 holster to the point of being obnoxious about it. Not a peep at all. It's bizarre. I'm used to getting harassed for no reason at all, now nothing... Do people think I'm a cop or armed security? I'm not dressed to look like one, ever... Strange. Maybe it's the calm before the storm?

~*'Phoenix'*~

I've been OCing my giant P38 holster to the point of being obnoxious about it. Not a peep at all. It's bizarre. I'm used to getting harassed for no reason at all, now nothing... Do people think I'm a cop or armed security? I'm not dressed to look like one, ever... Strange. Maybe it's the calm before the storm?

Walk past any cops/security without them saying anything?

droanx

I carry my Glock 19 in a Maxpedition Jumbo Versa (I think that's what it's called, been doing it for 4 years now so I forget the name). I have 2 kids in diapers and use it as a diaper bag. Nobody has a clue that it has a Glock and 46 rounds of 9mm in it.

I've actually gotten a few that's a nice bag where did you get it from questions. I tell them Maxpedition.com. The people that ask are paramedics or guys that have their own messenger bag and they think mines more manly and rather have mine.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
If it doesn't look gun-ish, it's missing the point. If you don't care about making a point, tho... :-/

That's why OC didn't pass.

j4l

If it doesn't look gun-ish, it's missing the point. If you don't care about making a point, tho... :-/

That's why OC didn't pass.

Well.. we all know it's a lot deeper than that. Points were well-made, and heard, the folks in charge cannot deny hearing it..they simply dont give a rat's gerbil tunnel.

That said, I've found a site that specializes in making reproductions -leather- of the old P-38/1911/1917, etc. holsters, many of them of the flap type. Reasonably priced too.
Dont have the link at work, so will post it later for any interested.
Considering the 1911 shoulder rig,myself lol. Stuffed full of Dunkin Donut coupons and copies of the bill,in its current, aborted form.
And no, I wont be illegaly recording any encounters it results in. Making a point,legally, is one thing. Making a fool of oneself all over the net w/no good result is something I'll leave to the "real" hardcore protesters...:rolleyes:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I wont be illegaly recording any encounters it results in.

The rest of us will record any such encounters legally. I'm not sure how or why you choose to decline by proxy of only making illegal methods available to yourself, or what those illegal methods might be, but that's your choice. :p

I'd like that link. A flappy 1911 holster would be perfect.

Last edited:

j4l

The rest of us will record any such encounters legally. I'm not sure how or why you choose to decline by proxy of only making illegal methods available to yourself, or what those illegal methods might be, but that's your choice. :p

I'd like that link. A flappy 1911 holster would be perfect.

Ill get it to you later tonite. Wont be home for some time.

As for the law. It's simple-unless./until the Leon County case gets decided in a few weeks-Florida: recording without consent of the other party-defined as the other party says "ya sure,go ahead and record me" regardless of how private the conversation is or not=illegal. End of story.
But let's see if Kathleen gets crucified here,soon. Which looks very very likely,since she cant find a single atty who will touch her defense with a 10ft pole...(said defense being-"public official cant claim "privacy" when acting as a public official") The judge has all but laughed her out of the hearings for trying that one,so far.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Ill get it to you later tonite. Wont be home for some time.

As for the law. It's simple-unless./until the Leon County case gets decided in a few weeks-Florida: recording without consent of the other party-defined as the other party says "ya sure,go ahead and record me" regardless of how private the conversation is or not=illegal. End of story.
But let's see if Kathleen gets crucified here,soon. Which looks very very likely,since she cant find a single atty who will touch her defense with a 10ft pole...(said defense being-"public official cant claim "privacy" when acting as a public official") The judge has all but laughed her out of the hearings for trying that one,so far.

The Leon county matter refers to recording a public official in a place where said individual DOES have a reasonable expectation of privacy. It will not overturn or change any matter of recording where one does NOT have a reasonable expectation of privacy.

It WILL decide if a public official EVER has a reasonable expectation of privacy, or if the same rule that applies to the rest of us applies to them. As public officials, I believe they have no expectation of privacy, but this case will determine that.

It has absolutely nothing at all to do with recording people, no matter who they are, when they do NOT have a reasonable expectation of privacy. This case merely determines if it is reasonable for a public official to expect privacy under the same circumstances as a citizen.