• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

suggestion...

kylemoul

i personally have over time visited city ordidnace online like municode and what not...and i found weapons offences ordinance and would print them into a pdf file.

got me to think, what if we get a dropbox account for google docs and share these files so everyone would have a centralized place to look for those ordinances within the OC community?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13347730/City Weapons Ordinances.zip

that is an example of what i myself use, as you can see docs OC list (which needs to be revised because of maplewood :) )

its a zip file you can only use a public link in dropbox on a file, not a folder.
you can add peoples email to share with and stuff.

or maybe get an FTP site

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Nothing wrong with the idea at all, however, when it comes to my own freedom I do not trust the efforts of others, I look em up myself and I think that you will find a lot of others do the same. I have three common areas I travel to regs printed out as they contain exemptions for CCW holders so it MIGHT shorten a visit with a LEO whom was not well informed on such an issue.

x1wildone

It seems to me that the gun owners in Mo. need to use your efforts towards changing the laws of your state,instead of making lists trying to figure out who's who or whats what by city, county or whatever. I have searched Mo. laws and they are obviously written by a politician. They are written in such a way as to be left open for interpretation,and you know how that's gonna work when the shtf.

kylemoul

Nothing wrong with the idea at all, however, when it comes to my own freedom I do not trust the efforts of others, I look em up myself and I think that you will find a lot of others do the same. I have three common areas I travel to regs printed out as they contain exemptions for CCW holders so it MIGHT shorten a visit with a LEO whom was not well informed on such an issue.

i am not saying use that as a legal 100% source, it just may benefit some people or be a quick reference. as do i, i will look up ordinances myself.

as do i, i keep florrisant, ferguson, and st charles city handy...never know when you will need them and they just might come in handy.

kcgunfan

I have no problem with this, as long as the file has cites in it (be they web or scans of paper.) Of course, that can be hard to do, since silence on the subject of OC is permitting OC in Missouri...

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
i am not saying use that as a legal 100% source, it just may benefit some people or be a quick reference. as do i, i will look up ordinances myself.

as do i, i keep florrisant, ferguson, and st charles city handy...never know when you will need them and they just might come in handy.

I understand, and the thoughts of links also apply so one can read it themselves etc. I would just hate to see someone use the list and an error be present and find themselves possibly losing their gun rights forever because of a charge.

We are few, we are not well received, we have seen poor responses, we need to strengthen our team, use good judgement in efforts and work together to get more folks involved and legislation changed. Missouri is ripe for this, however, we have too little support and bad press already.

We have to be very careful so no mistakes get made, Mr. Darrow was NOT illegal but he WAS alone. Perhaps if he was not, the reminders to hush and say nothing would have prevented it from being spun. It is one thing to take a person down improperly, it is COMPLETELY different to do so when an obvious witness whom KNOWS what is going on is there.

I think it is really important that folks exercise far more effort into being sure they are good to go themselves and protecting themselves from improper behavior through education, polite behavior and additional witness's.

Some look to stir it up, others look to be left alone.

mspgunner

It seems to me that the gun owners in Mo. need to use your efforts towards changing the laws of your state,instead of making lists trying to figure out who's who or whats what by city, county or whatever. I have searched Mo. laws and they are obviously written by a politician. They are written in such a way as to be left open for interpretation,and you know how that's gonna work when the shtf.

We are trying..... The legislature isn't listening, or they are listening and letting the 2 bills just die!