• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

California here I come! Firearms questions.

Beretta92FSLady

I have a Remington 870 pump, with an adjustable pistol grip stock, and round extention - legal?

I have a sub-2000 (takes Beretta Magazines 9mm), (6) 33 rd. magazines - legal?

Glock 26 9mm 10 rd. magazines - legal?

Beretta 92FS 15 rd. magazines - legal?

I know that I will have to get rid of the 11+ rd. magazines. Are there any modifications to, or firearms that I must get rid of?

Thank you for your time.

1245A Defender

well,,,

you can disassemble your 11+rd mags and store the parts in a baggy, they are "spare parts", legal.
probably have to take the forward grip off your shotgun.
the sub-2000 will need lowcap mags, and a "bullet button", using a bullet or a tool to release/change mags is required for evil rifles, dont know if they are made for that gun,
not sure if that gun really is considered evil, but i think it probably is.

Rexford

Alright...here goes.

Hello California!

Active duty Air Force here, looking to protect myself and my wife.

I currently have two weapons in storage and they will be taken with me once I get set up in my rental house. Here in Vacaville.

1. Springfield XD .45 ACP 5" barrel.
The mags are 13 round and I'm going to get ahold of standard 10 round mags eventually...I'd rather just keep the 13 round mags, perhaps keep them in the house with hallow point rounds??? SHTF you know?

2. Springfield "loaded" M1-A
I bought both weapons in MS so this M1-A has a flash suppressor. >.>; I'm going to have to find a gun smith and have a muzzle brake installed to make it legal here in Kalifornia, I only have one 10 round mag for the rifle and I've yet to have a chance to actually take this baby out and see what I can do with it. (Been too long since I've actually fired a real RIFLE, handguns are fun but I learned to shoot with .22's and an M-16) I have 40 rounds of Federal standard, M1-A's being so specific about how "hot" their rounds can be.

I understand the mag requirements. >.>

I understand "bad" parts on my rifle. >.>

I think I've even found someone locally to hook up with and perhaps, OC around town with as well.

My questions, I'm looking for a holster that isn't incredibly expensive for good rentention designed for OC while out and about town. (Except on base of course. >.>;)

And, if we DO lose the ability (NOT the right.) to OC here legally, any ideas for a sling\scabbard for my M1-A?

How about a good recorder?

I've done alot of serching around but I'd prefer to get advice from a more local auidience.

P.S.

Shoutout to military personel who keep their own weapons. Forget about the fact I'm medical. >.>;

KS_to_CA

I have a Remington 870 pump, with an adjustable pistol grip stock, and round extention - legal?

I know that I will have to get rid of the 11+ rd. magazines. Are there any modifications to, or firearms that I must get rid of?

Thank you for your time.

If you are moving in with a Kel-Tec PF9 I would be interested in buying one.

Gunslinger

Thank you for your time.

Wow. You're finally going to your true, philosophical home, the PDR of Kalifornia where your 'dear leader' and governor moonbeam roam, much like deer and buffalo in free states. Safe trip! Pistol grips on shotguns are bad, bad. Don't know what your second gun is, but I would say bad, bad...evil assault weapon-like, even if pistol caliber. The pistols should be ok, with friendly 10 round magazines, of course, as 11 round magazines are evil and unholy! However, it's easy enough to look up the other bad, bad guns on the PDR's many websites.

Start here.
http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/pubfaqs.php

Last edited:

KS_to_CA

Thank you for your time.

Pistol grin on a pump shotgun - legal.
Sub-2000 - this is the one that folds, rights? - not legal
pistols with 10 rounds - legal.

Check the CA DOJ website

Gunslinger

Checking Kalifornia law, pistol grips are legal 'unless' you have a folding butt stock, as well. And you must be over 21 to have a pistol grip shotgun, evidently. Now why do they call it the land of fruits and nuts again?