• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Which legislators need to hear from us more?

smithman

As you talk to your legislators about the constitutional carry bill, please post here if they do not currently support it.
The members on this forum need to contact them ALL and persuade them as WI residents that this is very important and there are many people who want to go STRAIGHT to constitutional carry.

To keep this thread brief, please post replies to discuss the positions of your legislators only if they don't support the bill yet. This will serve as a contact list for all of us. When you contact them, pat yourself on the back and know that they are hearing about true freedom from you.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I hammer my 2 / Green Bay area Sen. Hansen ( for strict permit system ) & Rep Klenke ( for constitutional carry ) once every other week ( minimum ) , I hope I am not the only one from my area doing so.

Last edited:

phred

I have repeatedly contacted Jerry Petrowski (R - 86th Assembly District) and have talked with him in person for 20 minutes face to face. He does not want to let go of the shall-issue permit with training (similar to what Doyle vetoed). He needs more prodding from someone else besides me.

littlewolf

Sen. Luther (to complex to understand) Olsen & Rep . (NO Answer) Kevin Peterson !

Last edited:

rcav8r

I wrote my senator (mark miller, fleebagger) and rep (hebl). I can't remember millers gun voting record, but since he's a dem I'm sure he'll be against any pro-gun bill. Hebl is anti-gun. Claims he's all for sportsmen and protecting their guns, but he is anti-gun, as proved by his own words and voting record.

I also wrote Pam Galloway thanking her for introducing the Const. carry bill.

jrclen

Luther Olsen. A fence sitting liberal Republican. He voted for CCW before, knowing Doyle would veto it. We need to get him aboard or replace him.

BrewTownBagger

I spoke with Leah Vukmir several times about constitutional carry. She indicated that she is going to co-sponsor the constitutional carry bill. Still waiting to hear back from David Cullen in the assembly

Russf

Wrote to Zipperer and Krammer. I wasnt that nice told then I was sick of the lieing from our Reps.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Here is the man you need to contact. Here is the man who says yes or no to everything the assembly Republicans propose. Here is the man to blame if Constitutional Carry doesn't happen.

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/w3asp/contact/legislatorpages.aspx?house=assembly&district=39

Regarding Olsen, he was against the previous cc bills and voted to uphold Doyle's veto. Can you say RINO?? Facing a recall he has gotten religion and signed on with the Castle Doctrine. Ask him to sponsor Constitutional Carry and sponsor an admendment to turn the Castle Doctrine bill into a Stand Your Ground bill and see what he does.

j4l

From the Florida perspective- after what happened to our SB234 bill for OC., we hammered our reps Sen./House and got nothing more than a big middle-finger -even from the allegedly "friendly" to the cause reps. Have any of your folks considered the possibility of running for office there,next election? Just curious.

johnny amish

I have written Dan Kapanke 7 times this year and have yet to recieve one response. Some of us walked with him while OC'ing in parades last year and I know he supports oc and ccw. I don't know if supports constitutional carry because he won't respond back.

Da Po-lock

Glock or anyone else who has Hasbeen Hansen for a rep, did he ever respond to you? I emailed him 3 weeks ago and he finally got back to me today. He is a lost cause, only wants retired cops to have the "right". I ain't done with him yet. No sense letting him get off so easy.

baldp8

I have written Senator Risser several times with no response at all (too busy running to Illinois, evidently). Rep Berceau responded the last couple of times that she does not support any type of concealed carry.

ssmits

Glock or anyone else who has Hasbeen Hansen for a rep, did he ever respond to you? I emailed him 3 weeks ago and he finally got back to me today. He is a lost cause, only wants retired cops to have the "right". I ain't done with him yet. No sense letting him get off so easy.

I emailed him today with no respones