• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bye guys....

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
we all agreed that it was in the best interest of all the law-abiding citizens as of right now that this was the best thing that could have happened...
lolwut_RE_America_is_Retarded-s533x594-102700.jpg

Last edited:

brboyer

Um, err, you do know that this site existed long before the recent open carry legislative activity in Florida, right?

The recent legislation is but a small part of the topics we discuss here.

Stick around, you may yet learn someting...or teach us something.

brboyer

No I didnt know that much until my brother told me about people that do like open carry get togethers in other states of course... I didnt think you people were going to stick around since after everything thats happened.

Been here for years, will continue for many, many more.....stick around.

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
Staying put, man, and challenging with the only systems we've got: the vote and the justice system. SB 234, upon first challenge, will be stricken as "void for vagueness." (See Papachristou v. City of Jacksonville, 1972, USSC). A law this unclear will not survive judicial scrutiny, and the definitions of "brief," "anger," and other excessively vague language will not survive (though the clearer sections of the statute will).

Guinea pigs? They don't wish to call themselves that, but I had a client last year whose weapon was "securely encased" and the cop wrote in the a-form that there was no holster. Videotapes from the booking revealed that the cop held on to my client's holster, which he brought into the PD. Case dropped; apologies rendered. Our testers will be the folks I run into every day: folks whose officers make grave mistakes.

Big surprise there. the way the laws are written they will be stricken, or the court decisions remanded for clarification in compliance with the appeals courts.

I don't think this is a bad thing. This means court victories, debates (on tv) about the common sense of OC (if you choose to exercise the Choice).

In the meantime, let's recapitulate and pick up the pieces. We will be back with mor clout, with senate candidates of our own (to run and win).

A break is the first order of business. Then we arrange a meet.

FzSBLACKMAGICK

Campaign Veteran
HAHA!!! Someone started a "Florida Military and Police for Open Carry" Facebook group page.

The following excerpts are from their wall...

"This group is for active, retired, or honorably separated military and law enforcement seeking to combat the perception that we are hostile to citizen gun rights.

We are proud to risk our lives for the rights of the people of Florida."

"We denounce those who falsely speak in our name and disrespect our fallen brothers and sisters by lobbying against the gun owners of Florida. We would gladly give our lives to protect the citizens of Florida rather than see their rights trampled on. This is what our fallen brothers and sisters died for."

"We know the facts are that holders of Florida CCW permits are less likely to have their permit revoked than we have our credentials revoked, we are proud of the people we serve and they have earned our trust in the over 24 years since Florida passed "shall issue" carry."

j4l

HAHA!!! Someone started a "Florida Military and Police for Open Carry" Facebook group page.

The following excerpts are from their wall...

"This group is for active, retired, or honorably separated military and law enforcement seeking to combat the perception that we are hostile to citizen gun rights.

We are proud to risk our lives for the rights of the people of Florida."

"We denounce those who falsely speak in our name and disrespect our fallen brothers and sisters by lobbying against the gun owners of Florida. We would gladly give our lives to protect the citizens of Florida rather than see their rights trampled on. This is what our fallen brothers and sisters died for."

"We know the facts are that holders of Florida CCW permits are less likely to have their permit revoked than we have our credentials revoked, we are proud of the people we serve and they have earned our trust in the over 24 years since Florida passed "shall issue" carry."

If genuine, and not a false-flag op, excellent news, I say.

j4l

Staying put, man, and challenging with the only systems we've got: the vote and the justice system. SB 234, upon first challenge, will be stricken as "void for vagueness." (See Papachristou v. City of Jacksonville, 1972, USSC). A law this unclear will not survive judicial scrutiny, and the definitions of "brief," "anger," and other excessively vague language will not survive (though the clearer sections of the statute will).

Guinea pigs? They don't wish to call themselves that, but I had a client last year whose weapon was "securely encased" and the cop wrote in the a-form that there was no holster. Videotapes from the booking revealed that the cop held on to my client's holster, which he brought into the PD. Case dropped; apologies rendered. Our testers will be the folks I run into every day: folks whose officers make grave mistakes.

Big surprise there. the way the laws are written they will be stricken, or the court decisions remanded for clarification in compliance with the appeals courts.

I don't think this is a bad thing. This means court victories, debates (on tv) about the common sense of OC (if you choose to exercise the Choice).

In the meantime, let's recapitulate and pick up the pieces. We will be back with mor clout, with senate candidates of our own (to run and win).

A break is the first order of business. Then we arrange a meet.

Exactly. Circle the wagons,take a knee,smoke em if you got em, and let's head-shed.