• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Governor's Actions

996twint

I emailed the Governor and expressed my displeasure on his campaign promise on Open Carry. I asked him to veto the bill as it stands now and to send it back to get changed to what it should be.

j4l

^^ SAME veto in entirety- do-over.

"I mean't the replubicans will be winning the election next cycle. "

Mixed blessing.,where once we thought we could count on them...after this? If they are too afraid to roll up the sleeves and MAKE things happen when they have the power, AND the Governorship, not a whole lot of hope in just bringing in more of em. They need to demonstrate a will they currently seem to lack.
What's a few more of them in power going to do if they end up walking down the hall and handing their manhood to Boggy the moment they arrive?

10x

It may just happen brotha...it may just happen. In fact i would love for that to happen, so all these ******* anti's we feel like they just got slaped in the face...

Bro to be honest, I have never seen any problem with OC in any state in this great Nation, in fact when around people i would rather see who has a weapon then not know at all... I have always honored a law-abiding citizen thats carry a firearm for the simple respect that I have towards them, because I know for a fact that law-abiding citizens that carry firearms dont commit crime's... the big problem here in my opinion is that we basically did it to are selfs by voteing these anti freedom scum bags in office...
These politicians are all the same R or D, all they do is cater to whoever has the money Big Business and the Insurance company, take a look at the new bill for insurance companies. Totally screws the people, we will be paying higher premiums and less coverage, that is why they spent so much time on it while 234 was in session! Its always the same recycled crap politicians sometimes a Dem, sometimes a Rep.

jammer

open carry in fl.

i know for a fact, that my high school in hillsborough county, as recent as just a few years ago, still had a .22 rifle range in a room hidden behind the bleachers in the gymnasium. I was on their army jrotc rifle team back in 80/81.

I know of several other high schools currently in hillsborough county with non-army (navy, airforce, etc) jrotc units that still have .22 air rifles that they use for competition on a regular basis. (my son is on one of their rifle teams).

I'm not sure if the army jrotc still has .22 rimfire or if they've converted to the air rifles too. But i do know they still had them just a few years ago.

in 1975 and before, in st.lucie co. We had a festival called the sandy shoes festival, where everyone who wanted too open carried through out downtown 2nd street with the so and city police all there doing the same, in uniform or not. This went on all day, no problems. After that i moved to al. For about 12yrs and when i came back no more open carry.

j4l

in 1975 and before, in st.lucie co. We had a festival called the sandy shoes festival, where everyone who wanted too open carried through out downtown 2nd street with the so and city police all there doing the same, in uniform or not. This went on all day, no problems. After that i moved to al. For about 12yrs and when i came back no more open carry.

And gone for a time or no, can you recall any massive public outcry to alter that in any way? Any sudden rash of full-blown Tombstone-style firefights that may have generated any logical justification to put an end to OC?

Me either.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
So has our gov signed this into law or vetoed it? How much longer till it's official?

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Didn't Gov. Scott say something about signing this bill ASAP when it was still getting started? Is there a reason it hasn't made it to his desk yet? Is there ANY hope for a veto?