• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fobus level 2 vs Blackhawk level 2

kcGlock19

Irish_Dave

Best advise I can give you is to go to a gun shop (or police supply store) and actually handle both of them for a comparison. When I did I found that the Blackhawk was much better built, I also liked the the Blackhawk came with a paddle and belt platform. The Fobus just felt like my 8 year old could break is into pieces, but it did look like an easier to conceal holster, and it was less expensive that the Blackhawk. I ended up getting the Blackhawk CQC because I just felt it was a better holster.

DoubleAgentMan

Activist Member
I have the Blackhawk Serpa CQC level 2 for my Glock 27 and Glock 22 and I love them. I got the Serpa quick disconnect and it makes life easy.

KBCraig

Best advise I can give you is to go to a gun shop (or police supply store) and actually handle both of them for a comparison.
And then, if you decide to buy it based on handling it, buy it from the local store instead of the discount online store.

I have no problem with shopping for the lowest price, but the lowest price doesn't always come with the ability to handle the product before buying.

45acpForMe

I have a Blackhawk SERPA for many of my guns. I love them.

I wasn't that impressed with the fobus holsters I have handled. That doesn't mean that there might be a good one out there but I prefer the Blackhawk.