Thread: Bats New Toy

Bats New Toy

So i got a new toy from a friend. It is a Grendel p-12 in .380. It is the 11 round version with detachable magazine. It is kind of an oddball little gun. Grendel turned into Kel-Tec and has a new line out. The Grendel has a very mixed reputation, peeps either love it or hate it. Usually hinged on if their's is reliable or not.
    - As the previous owner complained of stove pipe jams and poor ejection properties, I have done a very thorough fluff and buff on this neat little Popper. Mods I made are: a polished feed ramp, reshaped the extractor to better grab the rim of the case, and reshaped the ejector to give a more positive push thus flipping the shell out in an assertive manner. It still needs re-assembly (total pain in the rear) and then test fired, though i am confident my mods will prove to be a vast improvement. I have also smoothed allot of the sharp corners inside to reduce wear on moving parts, and improve over all performance.
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

well,,,

hi bat, cool new toy, ive had one for ~30 years~
    grendel is the OLD keltec, kellgren is the swedish designer of both.
    pm me for my no. to call to talk for assembly questions, i dont do much long distance. im Up All Night!
    i would offer to make modifications to your gun slide, so the clock type hammer spring doesnt fatigue and break,
    their is a design flaw!
    IF? you have the rails out of the frame? Please talk to me before trying it yourself! simple help, i got for you, I know.

Last edited by 1245A Defender; 05-06-2011 at 07:04 AM.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Yeap

HeYa Defender, I took it down to the last little pin. I almost had it together when the frame rails (their made of sheet metal) popped off the little machined block. I wasn't applying much force when this happened, and noticed they were very (And i do mean VERY) lightly spot welded on with a single little tack on each one. I thought tap and screw or even JB-Weld would have been tons stronger. (JB-Weld for now, maybe I'll tap and screw later if it pops off again).
    - So, What mods to the slide did you do regarding the hammer spring, I'd be interested. I did consider rounding the very square edge that the hammer rides along to smooth the action, however i was concerned bout increasing the slide speed too much. - If you have a tested design, let me know what you did with it please?
    - Yeap, it IS a clock, a real pain to reassemble. I found a website that gives a good detailed instruction on re-assembly, but if you got some extra tips would be great too. I'll PM ya.

http://jtjersey.com/Grendel/grendel.htm

- A friend of mine showed me his P-10 Grendel with internal Mag, i thought it was a very cool design for a backup. Loaded from the top - CoooL.

YaY Complex Toys... I actually love the challenge. _ I'll post the pic of it all apart soon.

Bat.
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

well,,,

DONT do anything more!!! see my PM.
    we will talk, you will come and visit.
    i will put that thing back together you will see how.
    we will gather beach food in a bucket,
    we will have a great time.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

[BigDave impersonation] I can't believe you called a gun a toy. That is so irresponsible and makes 'us all' look bad. [/BigDave impersonation]

Enjoy your toy

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_pro2a View Post
    [BigDave impersonation] I can't believe you called a gun a toy. That is so irresponsible and makes 'us all' look bad. [/BigDave impersonation]

Enjoy your toy
    TROLL
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

YaY!

- Update...
    - Got the whole thing back together and working. All cleaned out, lubricated etc. Should run like a champ now.
    - FYI- Grendels are a serious pain to put back together! It's a lock and a half-lol-
    - TY to Defender for some very helpful hints and tips! - Appreciated

Bat.
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    ~