• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another Anti-Gun Resturant in Scott County

try2takemyguns

For the past 12 or so years my grandmother has always wanted to celebrate her birthday at crackle barrel, and we have always done so. this being the first year after purchasing my side arm, and just having got out of the army after 2 tours, this year was no different than any other. i OC a s&w sigma .40. There was roughly 12 of us, including myself, and my uncle and cousin, both are on the police department here, arrived at the restaurant and started walking through the door, i was the last to enter since i was stuck holding the door. like most crackle barrels, they also have a store inside, and i started to peruse around. not even 3 minutes after entering the door i was approached by someone and they introduced him self as the manager (don't remember what he said his name was) and i was told that they did not allow firearms inside the building. i explained the whole situation to him and told him i was a former military police officer and both my uncle and cousin were on the Georgetown police department and he then told me that they will refuse to serve my entire family and that i will not be allowed back on their property while carrying my side arm. so basically long story short, i will no longer eat at the Georgetown crackle barrel anytime soon. also wanted to get your opinions on if i should write a letter to their corporate office or what i should do.

-Josh

langzaiguy

Oh wow--I'm in Georgetown too. I haven't OCd at that Cracker Barrel, but I have at the two in Lexington and haven't had any problems. Did you get the name of the manager you spoke with? I'd love to drop by on my way home.

try2takemyguns

Oh wow--I'm in Georgetown too. I haven't OCd at that Cracker Barrel, but I have at the two in Lexington and haven't had any problems. Did you get the name of the manager you spoke with? I'd love to drop by on my way home.

No i cant remember what his name was, this was also 2 weeks ago..... i have OC'd there 1 other time, but it was right before i left for my first tour and i was in my uniform so i doubt they would have said anything then lol

justherenow

This is the stance cracker barrel has taken. This same story is all over the web from different people and states. The general gist of things has been cover up or have this happen. I won't stop eating there, love the food especially when traveling so I will just cover up before entering.

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.

flb_78

This is a fairly new stance by Cracker Barrel. I first read about it in the Virginia forum. I haven't been to Cracker Barrel is a while so I don't know what they would do at the store in Danville, but I think it's a corporate wide policy now.

aagab

I also live in Georgetown and have open carried in that exact Cracker Barrel at least a half dozen times without issue. Could this be a new policy? Is it posted anywhere? It has been about a month since the last time I was there.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
The VCDL (Virginia Citizen's Defense League) broke the story within Virginia about a month or so back. Shortly after the story broke, a group of OCers who regularly have breakfast at a Cracker Barrel were kicked out by management and asked to disarm, cover up or leave. They left.

I started the thread over in the Virginia forum:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...to-Open-Carriers-(Per-VCDL)&highlight=Cracker

marlin336

Funny that all of the Cracker Barrel locations here in West Virginia have long guns over the fireplaces. Does that mean they should cover them up? Or, better yet...are we allowed to bring our rifles and shotguns in with us (just not handguns)? ;D

slocav

Funny that all of the Cracker Barrel locations here in West Virginia have long guns over the fireplaces. Does that mean they should cover them up? Or, better yet...are we allowed to bring our rifles and shotguns in with us (just not handguns)? ;D

Hell if they tell you to cover up or leave I'd tell them to take of there guns from the wall or cover then too lol.