Thread: To the Mailbox!

To the Mailbox!

SO,I have talked to may people about my open carry practices around my home. Mainly because of the fact that I have found sex offenders sitting down near the mailboxes. Phred has even used his GPS to help me find out exactly how far I am from the local school zone to make sure that I was outside the 1000 foot mark.

But today I walked down and for the first time while carrying I ran into the lady that delivers the mail. Her eyes immediately locked onto my side arm, and we had a good conversation for about 30 seconds about the fact that all I got was a flyer for the local discovery center. I looked her right in the eyes and said Don't worry, It's Legal" and walked away.

It was strange after so man people being so welcoming to open carry in my area (including my neighbors) to run into someone who was odviously so taken by it. I sure hope this don't get the cops at my door.
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

Quote Originally Posted by CalicoJack10 View Post
    I sure hope this don't get the cops at my door.
    If they do, they'll have a lot of law abiding citizens protesting their actions.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

McX
    there's a leftist grunt that works for a supplier to us. this individual wont deliver because we carry guns. my suggestion to their management; fire them.

One of the sheriff's deputies that was at the fun shoot drove by, waived and kept driving. lol

We don't need people like that working for any government agency. Even if it is just delivering the mail.
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

I've been outside and even was loading my firearm a few times when the mail person was delivering the mail at work, never had an issue yet. Talk to a paint suppler once a week and im still not sure if he ever noticed. My snapon guy notices all the time because I have to disarm when I get on his truck

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jason in WI View Post
    I've been outside and even was loading my firearm a few times when the mail person was delivering the mail at work, never had an issue yet. Talk to a paint suppler once a week and im still not sure if he ever noticed. My snapon guy notices all the time because I have to disarm when I get on his truck

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    I'd buy MAC tools from now on.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

Things only change when we change them...
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post
    I'd buy MAC tools from now on.
    He HAS to disarm. He still can't get in a motor vehicle with a loaded firearm. It's not the Snap-on guys fault.

Quote Originally Posted by rcav8r View Post
    He HAS to disarm. He still can't get in a motor vehicle with a loaded firearm. It's not the Snap-on guys fault.
    What rcav8r said, thanks .

After I posted that I knew my wording was screwed up, was planning to fix it.
    Last edited by Jason in WI; 05-07-2011 at 01:35 AM.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason in WI View Post
    What rcav8r said, thanks .

After I posted that I knew my wording was screwed up, was planning to fix it.
    I had the same though Hardballer did until I thought about it some more. My Cornwell Tool Guy is very pro gun.