• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

To the Mailbox!

CalicoJack10

SO,I have talked to may people about my open carry practices around my home. Mainly because of the fact that I have found sex offenders sitting down near the mailboxes. Phred has even used his GPS to help me find out exactly how far I am from the local school zone to make sure that I was outside the 1000 foot mark.

But today I walked down and for the first time while carrying I ran into the lady that delivers the mail. Her eyes immediately locked onto my side arm, and we had a good conversation for about 30 seconds about the fact that all I got was a flyer for the local discovery center. I looked her right in the eyes and said Don't worry, It's Legal" and walked away.

It was strange after so man people being so welcoming to open carry in my area (including my neighbors) to run into someone who was odviously so taken by it. I sure hope this don't get the cops at my door.

M

McX

there's a leftist grunt that works for a supplier to us. this individual wont deliver because we carry guns. my suggestion to their management; fire them.

CalicoJack10

One of the sheriff's deputies that was at the fun shoot drove by, waived and kept driving. lol

We don't need people like that working for any government agency. Even if it is just delivering the mail.

Jason in WI

I've been outside and even was loading my firearm a few times when the mail person was delivering the mail at work, never had an issue yet. Talk to a paint suppler once a week and im still not sure if he ever noticed. My snapon guy notices all the time because I have to disarm when I get on his truck ;)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

hardballer

I've been outside and even was loading my firearm a few times when the mail person was delivering the mail at work, never had an issue yet. Talk to a paint suppler once a week and im still not sure if he ever noticed. My snapon guy notices all the time because I have to disarm when I get on his truck ;)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
I'd buy MAC tools from now on.