Thread: Noob with a shoulder holster question for GA residents.

Noob with a shoulder holster question for GA residents.

Ok, so I've been lurking on this forum as a ghost for a while. Decided to join so I can get more involved. I've finally applied for my CCW and I expect to have it shortly. Anyway, I'm looking for a shoulder holster for comfort while riding a motorcycle. I have 2 questions. First, is there any legal issue with using a shoulder holster. Second, is it legal to dual carry? I'm interested in a matching set of Taurus Model 99 9mm pistols. I have no interest in anything other than target shooting, but I would like the intimidation factor of 2 large frame pistols in public. Sorry, if it's been asked, but I couldn't find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReaper View Post
    Ok, so I've been lurking on this forum as a ghost for a while. Decided to join so I can get more involved.
    Welcome

I've finally applied for my CCW and I expect to have it shortly.
    Georgia does not issue a "CCW". Georgia issues a GWL/GWCL-Georgia Weapon carry License (old name was GFL-Georgia Firearm License.) Concealment is not required in GA. A license is required to carry open or concealed.

First, is there any legal issue with using a shoulder holster. Second, is it legal to dual carry?
    No and no. You can carry a dozen guns duct taped to your body if you like.

but I would like the intimidation factor of 2 large frame pistols in public.
    Yeah...I don't think you will find many folks around here to respond well to someone who gets off on intimidation. I hope you just used the wrong word there. If you really just carry for intimidation please let us know.

IANAL YMMV

Thanks for the reply Kingfish. To clarify on "intimidation", I was robbed a few years ago at gunpoint and I don't care to repeat the experience. So, I want to keep any would be robbers from picking me as their next target. Hence, I would like to "intimidate" them or make them think twice. Hope that explains my previous statement.

It does, but I think "deterrent" is a better choice of words than "intimidation". We use the term deterrent alot, it is one of the major reasons I OC (comfort being the biggest.)