Thread: S. 176 National "May Issue"!

S. 176 National "May Issue"!

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c112:S.176: Boxer thinks we need "Common Sense" National May Issue!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar

so much for shall issue if this piece of garbage goes through

"demonstrate good cause for requesting a concealed firearm permit"
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikemichigan View Post
    "demonstrate good cause for requesting a concealed firearm permit"
    I'd love an amendment to the Federal Constitution which requires any politician who attempts to revoke the individual right to firearm possession or self-defense to automatically forfeit any armed protection.

Banned
    states rights

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    states rights
    Got that right. Even if we pretend this bill has a chance (it doesn't, it'd make the fallout from the 94 klinton ban look like a kumbaya circle jerk, and no politician from middle america in their right mind will vote for it, plus this is outside of federal authority and would be removed by the SCOTUS), the fact of the matter is that a large number of states would flatly refuse to enforce it, and I'd expect nothing less from some of the western mountain states than leaving the union. Montana, Arizona, and Wyoming seem like sure things, and others might follow.

This is nothing more than a constitution hater from Kali ******* in the wind. Interesting to talk about, but meaningless in practice.
    Last edited by Michigander; 05-07-2011 at 12:46 AM.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    nullification
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Highline View Post
    I'd love an amendment to the Federal Constitution which requires any politician who attempts to revoke the individual right to firearm possession or self-defense to automatically forfeit any armed protection.
    I fear some politicians would be ignorant enough to take you up on that offer. Not to sound extreme, but any individual placed in a position of authority by the people that attempts to revoke the rights of the people should be hanged (after a speedy treason trial of course).

Assuming this is a typical piece of legislation, while it MIGHT get through the Senate (which I doubt, since the Dems only have a simple majority), I am relatively confident it would either totally fail in the House, or we might see some revisions, like taking out the "demonstrate good cause for requesting a concealed firearm permit" requirement and turning it into SHALL ISSUE.

But I still doubt it will go anywhere.
    Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.