• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

S. 176 National "May Issue"!

Highline

"demonstrate good cause for requesting a concealed firearm permit"

I'd love an amendment to the Federal Constitution which requires any politician who attempts to revoke the individual right to firearm possession or self-defense to automatically forfeit any armed protection.

Michigander

states rights

Got that right. Even if we pretend this bill has a chance (it doesn't, it'd make the fallout from the 94 klinton ban look like a kumbaya circle jerk, and no politician from middle america in their right mind will vote for it, plus this is outside of federal authority and would be removed by the SCOTUS), the fact of the matter is that a large number of states would flatly refuse to enforce it, and I'd expect nothing less from some of the western mountain states than leaving the union. Montana, Arizona, and Wyoming seem like sure things, and others might follow.

This is nothing more than a constitution hater from Kali ******* in the wind. Interesting to talk about, but meaningless in practice.

Last edited:

kubel

I'd love an amendment to the Federal Constitution which requires any politician who attempts to revoke the individual right to firearm possession or self-defense to automatically forfeit any armed protection.

I fear some politicians would be ignorant enough to take you up on that offer. Not to sound extreme, but any individual placed in a position of authority by the people that attempts to revoke the rights of the people should be hanged (after a speedy treason trial of course).

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
Assuming this is a typical piece of legislation, while it MIGHT get through the Senate (which I doubt, since the Dems only have a simple majority), I am relatively confident it would either totally fail in the House, or we might see some revisions, like taking out the "demonstrate good cause for requesting a concealed firearm permit" requirement and turning it into SHALL ISSUE.

But I still doubt it will go anywhere.