• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Quotes on Firearms rights...

Willm3053

"Arms in the hands of citizens (may) be used at individual discretion...in private self-defense..."

John Adams - 1788

Sent from my HTC EVO!

77zach

"For among other evils caused by being disarmed, it renders you contemptible"

-Machiavelli.

We're forced to appear disarmed in Florida. How pathetic.

protect our rights

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence ... From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable . . . The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good" - George Washington

Willm3053

John Adams was a pro-gun guy for sure man... Im pretty sure all of ower founding fathers were as well... they loved guns

The founding fathers of America are rolling over in their graves. Our Legislators should be ashamed of themselves.

Niccol Machiavelli has a lot of really great quotes.

Sent from my HTC EVO!

Rich7553

"The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned."

- Pennsylvania Constitution, adopted 1790.

This is what the US Second Amendment should have said all along.

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
Welcome Back!!

Such are a well regulated militia, composed of the freeholders, citizen and husbandman, who take up arms to preserve their property, as individuals, and their rights as freemen.

Welcome back mach1chris,

I hope it was our charm that brought you back (or maybe you just missed us), but it's good to have another fellow Miami fighter on this forum (whose insight has been exceedingly valuable throughout). We want you here to stay and continue to give us insight and your colleagues our thoughts.

Here's one from Our Professor himself, an ACLU civil lib who believes in the Entire bill of rights (I agree on almost all counts with him):

"(Those) who are trying to read the Second Amendment out of the Constitution by claiming it's not an individual right (are) courting disaster by encouraging others to use the same means to eliminate portions of the Constitution they don't like."

-- Alan Dershowitz, Harvard Law School

FzSBLACKMAGICK

Campaign Veteran
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
--- Thomas Jefferson to Peter Carr, 1785. The Writings of Thomas Jefferson