• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Picking up a 24/7 G2 today

Madmodder

I had the original 24/7 in 9 when they first came out. I decided to get the 40 this time. 90% of the issues with these I've seen were with the .45. I just love the way they fit my hand. And the first one I had never had any issues at all. Can't wait to get my hands on it later today. Will get some pics up, and a few reports on it as I shoot it more. Already picked up 100 round box of Winchester white box to start breaking it in. Once I get used to it, it will be part of my daily carry. And on another note hopefully they get the CCW passed soon here in WI, cause I feel better carrying concealed, but that's a whole nother thread.

Just got home a bit ago, and gun feels great. Cant wait to take it tomorrow. First thing Ive noticed, Taurus as usual has it full of crap for shipping i guess. Going to clean it in the morning. One and only other gripe so far is I can only get 14 in the Mag, not 15 like they claim, well 14 1/2 i guess, so maybe it will loosen up a bit and squeeze in that last one down the road.

IMAG0173.jpg

IMAG0172.jpg

IMAG0175.jpg

will update again tomorrow after i throw some bullets thru it.

Zeus

Nice! I may have to give Taurus a try soon. I didn't care for the trigger on the old 24/7 but I won't deny a gun based upon it's predecessor without giving it a try.

Madmodder

Always looking for a reason to shoot. That goes for anyone, if you are anywhere near Madison, I'm always willing to go shoot. Especially if someone is looking for a new taurus or just wants to try it out.

Madmodder

So I put 130 rounds thru it today. Had one fail to completely eject, but this I am positive was because the one that didn't fully eject was a low power reload. I shot 30 of the reloads and 100 Winchester white box. These reloads were ALOT quieter and not even half the felt recoil. Right out of the box for the first 5-6 shots I was shooting a bit low. I did not move the adjustable sights but shot a few more clips and found my comfort spot. Out of 130 rounds only had the first 5 or so low and about 3-4 other flyers, but that was all do to me getting used to the gun ( only my 2nd handgun ) and not because of the gun itself.

Outdoorsman1

Nice looking pistol...

At first glance it looked like it came with a pair of brass (aluminum) knuckles... but then I realized it was the carrying opening for the case.. oh well maybe it could be used as a template to make a mold for the knuckles....:D

Outdoorsman1

M

McX

So I put 130 rounds thru it today. Had one fail to completely eject, but this I am positive was because the one that didn't fully eject was a low power reload. I shot 30 of the reloads and 100 Winchester white box. These reloads were ALOT quieter and not even half the felt recoil. Right out of the box for the first 5-6 shots I was shooting a bit low. I did not move the adjustable sights but shot a few more clips and found my comfort spot. Out of 130 rounds only had the first 5 or so low and about 3-4 other flyers, but that was all do to me getting used to the gun ( only my 2nd handgun ) and not because of the gun itself.

they're not clips, they're magazines. sorry had to do it. you must make the pilgrimage, make the journey, bring the case, to be modified into rapid open. it is a Holy thing. Does your gun have a hammer? Take +P's?

jpm84092

Magazine vs Clip

McX is right. The part of a handgun that holds the ammunition is the "magazine". The term "clip" is short for "stripper clip". I use stripper clips holding 10 rounds each to load the magazines of my Ruger Mini-14 and my DPMS AP-4.