• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TV interview today

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Talked with reporter Zac Schultz from Madison's Channel 15 for about 45 minutes today about CC legislation. A few clips of my comments got included in his story. Also did a short piece yesterday on WTDY radio regarding the Madison 5, not sure if it's available online.

Here's the Channel 15 online story which includes a link to the video. If you're on Facebook, be sure to hit the CC poll on the NBC 15 facebook page:

http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/Bills_Would_Legalize_Concealed_Carry_in_Wisconsin_121265394.html

oak1971

It was good until they went off the rails with visions of LEO being gunned down by law abiding gun owners. :banghead:

Jason in WI

I like how they kept zooming on the BLUE gun like it was real :p.

I wouldn't be surprised if they attempt to send you a citation for concealing :uhoh:.

All this talk about comparing a police officers training to the private person is sickening. When will they get it through thier head that an officer gets puts in situations that the normal person is running from. Sure if I had to chase bad guys or pull over people all the time I would want advanced training. The average citizen who hopefully never has to pull his firearm doesn't really need all that much specialized training in my opinion. Firearms are about as simple as a point and click device as it gets.

Like I was telling the guys at Lizzy's tonight, I'm like Clark kent; when the sh*t pops off I'm hiding in a phone booth waiting for superman to show up. When I put on the sidearm I also put on the panties, trouble might find me but it had better be quick 'cause I'm a running!

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I like how they kept zooming on the BLUE gun like it was real :p.

I wouldn't be surprised if they attempt to send you a citation for concealing :uhoh:.

All this talk about comparing a police officers training to the private person is sickening. When will they get it through thier head that an officer gets puts in situations that the normal person is running from. Sure if I had to chase bad guys or pull over people all the time I would want advanced training. The average citizen who hopefully never has to pull his firearm doesn't really need all that much specialized training in my opinion. Firearms are about as simple as a point and click device as it gets.

Like I was telling the guys at Lizzy's tonight, I'm like Clark kent; when the sh*t pops off I'm hiding in a phone booth waiting for superman to show up. When I put on the sidearm I also put on the panties, trouble might find me but it had better be quick 'cause I'm a running!

Ha! I told them I was wearing a training gun and wasn't going to be covering an actual firearm for their camera.

Yes Chief Wray's unsupported and insulting statement was the low point of the story. And his comment about all the training the police get is a crock. ~40 - 45 hours of firearms training is all that is required before they're turned loose on the streets. I've probably been getting 3-4X that in formal training the past few years, not to mention the considerable time I spend on my own, daily.

Zeus

Thanks for representing us well shotgun. I am surprised that they even aired anyone's comments that were pro gun. I don't usually follow anything on the National Barrack Channel but I guess they need to boost their ratings. It will be interesting to see which way this goes. I don't see how this clown with the domestic violence angle doesn't know that anyone entering a shelter, involved with a domestic violence issue wouldn't have a legal firearm to carry, because they take them from you until it's resolved. If they have a gun at that point, then they are breaking the law and everyone knows that you can't do anything about people breaking the law with writing a additional laws. You simply create more offenders of the law, that were previously law abiding folks.

M

McX

Thank You Auric for all you do for us!

or any training, something that concerns Madison Police Chief Noble Wray. "These law enforcement officers have to go through a tremendous amount of training to carry firearms."
unfortunately though they dont seem to be trained about open carry being legal. well, something tells me they know it now!

CalicoJack10

Great representation. The only thing that rubbed me the wrong way was the fact that they protray police officers as super well trained, when the truth is that firearms training is the least of what they do.

theoicarry

Talked with reporter Zac Schultz from Madison's Channel 15 for about 45 minutes today about CC legislation. A few clips of my comments got included in his story. Also did a short piece yesterday on WTDY radio regarding the Madison 5, not sure if it's available online.

Here's the Channel 15 online story which includes a link to the video. If you're on Facebook, be sure to hit the CC poll on the NBC 15 facebook page:

http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/Bills_Would_Legalize_Concealed_Carry_in_Wisconsin_121265394.html

Very well done! Awesome for the most part.

smithman

Shame on their police chief for insinuating that adding more names to the wall because of concealed carry. He is no friend to ANY of your rights, as was shown in the Madison 5 ordeal. I hope they stick it to the city big time and he is kicked out of the force like the pinhead that he is.

Archangel

I thought the zooming on the blue gun was funny, as well as the obvious pellet/bb guns that they kept showing. Miss those? Watch the video again....

The police chief of Madison is simply an .. you guys need an a$$hat smiley....

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Proud to know you, Auric. Great job. Thank you for all you do for us.

Same to you Phred! And to all who contribute to the cause in big and little ways-- there are no little ways really. Just exercising the right while going about your daily life is a huge contribution in my opinion.

I talked with the reporter and cameraman for 40-45 minutes, most of it on camera. It's always interesting to see what little snippets they'll use in the story. It makes you feel a little vulnerable, and after interviews I'm always wondering if I said anything that could be shown out of context or that I worded poorly. The 5 o'clock news story used about 5 seconds of me speaking and when I saw that I said to myself "I spent that much time for that?" But the 6 pm news had a more extensive story and gave our point of view a little more airtime. You never know if the camera is zoomed in on your face or full length or what--- and I paid little attention to the camera--- so when I saw that ground up view I laughed with a "what the hell's up with that angle?" and thought I should have sucked in the gut a little. ha!

It's interesting, they always focus in on the gun. Even when it's a blue plastic training gun like I wore for the story. If I hadn't planned on demonstrating why I think it's silly to need a permit to simply pull my coat over the gun I might not have worn a gun or holster at all for the interview. Maybe I could have carried a knife instead. The gun isn't the only weapon we might choose to conceal. I have a number of knives I don't currently carry concealed in WI because they are designed as weapons, but that will change once a bill passes.