Thread: Unified Sportsmen of Florida

Unified Sportsmen of Florida

Soooooooooo...if USF acts as a kind of gatekeeper to legislative action in the state of Florida, what about a money bomb to their office? What if we got a bunch of people in a specified coming month to send a $20-$100 check to USF and in the MEMO line of the check put.. "Full Open Carry for CWF licensees."

Do you think 500 people sending $50 would get their attention?
    Last edited by 77zach; 05-06-2011 at 10:24 PM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

That's a lot of money, Marion Hammer better do a better job when the next session comes around.

Sent from my HTC EVO!
    Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. – James Madison
    An armed society is a polite society. – Robert A. Heinlein
    Gun bans don't disarm criminals, gun bans attract them. – Walter Mondale

..nevermind.
    Bottom line. I've lost pretty much all faith in such things. Im not inclined to think throughing(ugh <<dont write before coffee-you find yourself inventing words by accident) THROWING even more money after this mess will get anything more done,really.
    Last edited by j4l; 05-07-2011 at 07:23 AM.

She thinks nobody thinks OC is important. The worst that happens is she doesn't use the money for OC but for other Pro-RKABA stuff in Fl.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Is she truly that out of touch with the pro-2a citizens?
    If so, she could take less than 5 minutes of her time to google the topic, OR just take a quick look at this very thread, and find out otherwise.
    Surely,with her experience she knows how,or has a staffer who know how to do so?

OC is not a hot issue for the general population, but I do agree that more people are interested in OC than in not being arrested for incidental exposure.

USF works for NRA. end of story.

I speak to Marion almost daily. I know what it will take to get NRA to push real open carry in Florida but it will be very unpleasant for someone.

NRA isn't the only organization filing bills in Tallahassee. We're working out our bill language for next year already.

Quote Originally Posted by StogieC View Post

I speak to Marion almost daily. I know what it will take to get NRA to push real open carry in Florida but it will be very unpleasant for someone.
    It doesn't get much more unpleasant than what happened to the guy at the hospital with the hole in his pants. You're saying somebody is going to have to take some lead before the NRA gets off its butt? I don't think there will ever be a prosecution.

NRA isn't the only organization filing bills in Tallahassee. We're working out our bill language for next year already.
    If it's not licensed it ain't going nowhere. I know you already know that.
    Last edited by 77zach; 05-07-2011 at 10:32 AM.

USF works for NRA. end of story.

Then if this is the case,how can she claim to not know-or others claim she doesnt-that this is a prioroty for many? Why cant/wont she clarify why it is opposed,or why she/they/whoever lack any motivation to take real action on it?

"but it will be very unpleasant for someone."

Ummmm.... WAH?

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    It doesn't get much more unpleasant than what happened to the guy at the hospital with the hole in his pants. You're saying somebody is going to have to take some lead before the NRA gets off its butt? I don't there will ever be a prosecution.
    No, nothing that unpleasant. But if Sheriff Coats' deputies start using their "good judgement" and drawing down on licensees who briefly expose their firearms...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqrLRePn8Js

No, nothing that unpleasant. But if Sheriff Coats' deputies start using their "good judgement" and drawing down on licensees who briefly expose their firearms...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqrLRePn8Js
    To which I think, and I think most sensible folks probably think- was grandstanding.
    Being dramatic up there to try to make a case. The likelihood of it actually happening, and the backlash doing so could result in? Or should...

Quote Originally Posted by j4l View Post
    To which I think, and I think most sensible folks probably think- was grandstanding.
    Being dramatic up there to try to make a case. The likelihood of it actually happening, and the backlash doing so could result in? Or should...
    Of course he was grandstanding. But officers do, far too often, detain and arrest people in Florida who are lawfully carrying without cause.

Of course he was grandstanding. But officers do, far too often, detain and arrest people in Florida who are lawfully carrying without cause.
    And out of curiosity, because I simply dont have a statistic, what ends up being the disposition of these cases, and has anyone tried a suit for un-lawful arrest?Have these incidents been documented in any official way?
    (and no, i do not mean by the detainees using less-than-legal methods of recording it)
    Not debating if they happened or not, just wondering if there's something that can be pointed to.
    Last edited by j4l; 05-07-2011 at 11:10 AM.

It's part of FDLE Curriculum. They're special. They're better. Qualified Immunity will be contorted into all forms to help them get away with it.

You might beat the rap, but you won't beat the ride... It's the opposite of the old "tell it to the judge." They know they're wrong and they know it doesn't matter. There will be no consequences to them when the judge throws it out. They already know it's settled law. And they already know they'll get away with it every time. You can't sue them.

I've had several very, very obvious cases where USC42/1983 applied. But find a judge in this circuit that doesn't side with the cops every time. I dare you. It doesn't matter how far out of line they are. It doesn't matter of it's settled law. It doesn't matter if the same cop has been down this road a dozen times. The judges got their back, they can do anything they want, carte blanche.

Anyone with a CWFL is an easy target. It labels you as their political opponent, whom they will make life very hard for.
    Last edited by ixtow; 05-07-2011 at 11:19 AM.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

And out of curiosity, because I simply dont have a statistic, what ends up being the disposition of these cases, and has anyone tried a suit for un-lawful arrest?Have these incidents been documented in any official way?
    (and no, i do not mean by the detainees using less-than-legal methods of recording it)
    Not debating if they happened or not, just wondering if there's something that can be pointed to.
    Most, if not all, past incidents have been settled out of court. Any incident that occurs after SB 234 is signed into law is what we really need to have people report to the Florida Carry hotline at 850-270-7486

Most, if not all, past incidents have been settled out of court. Any incident that occurs after SB 234 is signed into law is what we really need to have people report to the Florida Carry hotline at 850-270-7486
    Now that the matter has been made subjective...
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Well, the main point I was driving at-should have been more clear- is that it was claimed that these powerful lobbys against us (FRF/FSA/FPAA) were somehow able to bombard the Tally crowd with all kinds of stats/data...yet Im really at a complete loss as to what stats/data they could possibly have used. (especially the FRF. has there been some sudden rash of CC holders robbing liqour-stores we dont know of?)
    Since there are NO cases of Open Carry problems-simply because we dont even have any OC. Since cases of CC-sourced crimes are nearly non-existant,etc..
    what the hell stats were they coming up with that were able to convince law-makers to continue to screw us over? There's almost nothing for them to point to on thier side of the debate.
    Last edited by j4l; 05-07-2011 at 11:33 AM.

Their arguments involve Currency, not Logic.

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    Their arguments involve Currency, not Logic.
    My point exactly-we have us a winner...

...it was claimed that these powerful lobbys against us (FRF/FSA/FPAA) were somehow able to bombard the Tally crowd with all kinds of stats/data...
    Actually they did not even attempt to point to any stats or facts except one.
    One sheriff made a feeble and misleading attempt to say that Florida would become one of 12 "gold star" open carry states. We debunked that immediately.

Here are some of the one-sheeter's we used attached.

Actually they did not even attempt to point to any stats or facts except one.
    One sheriff made a feeble and misleading attempt to say that Florida would become one of 12 "gold star" open carry states. We debunked that immediately.

Here are some of the one-sheeter's we used attached.
    So help me clarify,please. Xtow and I got it right,yes? All about $$? If so, call em out on it, I say.

..nevermind.
    Bottom line. I've lost pretty much all faith in such things. Im not inclined to think throughing(ugh <<dont write before coffee-you find yourself inventing words by accident) THROWING even more money after this mess will get anything more done,really.
    Precisely.

Donating money to a group that won't help you just gives them YOUR money to do what THEY want with.

OC something gun related and strike up a conversation with someone who asks about it. It's the most effective thing one man can do.
    Last edited by ixtow; 05-07-2011 at 01:42 PM.