• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unified Sportsmen of Florida

77zach

Soooooooooo...if USF acts as a kind of gatekeeper to legislative action in the state of Florida, what about a money bomb to their office? What if we got a bunch of people in a specified coming month to send a $20-$100 check to USF and in the MEMO line of the check put.. "Full Open Carry for CWF licensees."

Do you think 500 people sending $50 would get their attention?

Last edited:

Willm3053

That's a lot of money, Marion Hammer better do a better job when the next session comes around.

Sent from my HTC EVO!

j4l

..nevermind.
Bottom line. I've lost pretty much all faith in such things. Im not inclined to think throughing(ugh <<dont write before coffee-you find yourself inventing words by accident) THROWING even more money after this mess will get anything more done,really.

Last edited:

77zach

She thinks nobody thinks OC is important. The worst that happens is she doesn't use the money for OC but for other Pro-RKABA stuff in Fl.

j4l

Is she truly that out of touch with the pro-2a citizens?
If so, she could take less than 5 minutes of her time to google the topic, OR just take a quick look at this very thread, and find out otherwise.
Surely,with her experience she knows how,or has a staffer who know how to do so?

77zach

OC is not a hot issue for the general population, but I do agree that more people are interested in OC than in not being arrested for incidental exposure.

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
USF works for NRA. end of story.

I speak to Marion almost daily. I know what it will take to get NRA to push real open carry in Florida but it will be very unpleasant for someone.

NRA isn't the only organization filing bills in Tallahassee. We're working out our bill language for next year already.

77zach

I speak to Marion almost daily. I know what it will take to get NRA to push real open carry in Florida but it will be very unpleasant for someone.
It doesn't get much more unpleasant than what happened to the guy at the hospital with the hole in his pants. You're saying somebody is going to have to take some lead before the NRA gets off its butt? I don't think there will ever be a prosecution.

NRA isn't the only organization filing bills in Tallahassee. We're working out our bill language for next year already.

If it's not licensed it ain't going nowhere. I know you already know that.

Last edited:

j4l

USF works for NRA. end of story.

Then if this is the case,how can she claim to not know-or others claim she doesnt-that this is a prioroty for many? Why cant/wont she clarify why it is opposed,or why she/they/whoever lack any motivation to take real action on it?

"but it will be very unpleasant for someone."

Ummmm.... WAH?

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
It doesn't get much more unpleasant than what happened to the guy at the hospital with the hole in his pants. You're saying somebody is going to have to take some lead before the NRA gets off its butt? I don't there will ever be a prosecution.

No, nothing that unpleasant. But if Sheriff Coats' deputies start using their "good judgement" and drawing down on licensees who briefly expose their firearms...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqrLRePn8Js

j4l

No, nothing that unpleasant. But if Sheriff Coats' deputies start using their "good judgement" and drawing down on licensees who briefly expose their firearms...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqrLRePn8Js

To which I think, and I think most sensible folks probably think- was grandstanding.
Being dramatic up there to try to make a case. The likelihood of it actually happening, and the backlash doing so could result in? Or should...

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
To which I think, and I think most sensible folks probably think- was grandstanding.
Being dramatic up there to try to make a case. The likelihood of it actually happening, and the backlash doing so could result in? Or should...

Of course he was grandstanding. But officers do, far too often, detain and arrest people in Florida who are lawfully carrying without cause.

j4l

Of course he was grandstanding. But officers do, far too often, detain and arrest people in Florida who are lawfully carrying without cause.

And out of curiosity, because I simply dont have a statistic, what ends up being the disposition of these cases, and has anyone tried a suit for un-lawful arrest?Have these incidents been documented in any official way?
(and no, i do not mean by the detainees using less-than-legal methods of recording it)
Not debating if they happened or not, just wondering if there's something that can be pointed to.

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member

It's part of FDLE Curriculum. They're special. They're better. Qualified Immunity will be contorted into all forms to help them get away with it.

You might beat the rap, but you won't beat the ride... It's the opposite of the old "tell it to the judge." They know they're wrong and they know it doesn't matter. There will be no consequences to them when the judge throws it out. They already know it's settled law. And they already know they'll get away with it every time. You can't sue them.

I've had several very, very obvious cases where USC42/1983 applied. But find a judge in this circuit that doesn't side with the cops every time. I dare you. It doesn't matter how far out of line they are. It doesn't matter of it's settled law. It doesn't matter if the same cop has been down this road a dozen times. The judges got their back, they can do anything they want, carte blanche.

Anyone with a CWFL is an easy target. It labels you as their political opponent, whom they will make life very hard for.

Last edited:

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
And out of curiosity, because I simply dont have a statistic, what ends up being the disposition of these cases, and has anyone tried a suit for un-lawful arrest?Have these incidents been documented in any official way?
(and no, i do not mean by the detainees using less-than-legal methods of recording it)
Not debating if they happened or not, just wondering if there's something that can be pointed to.

Most, if not all, past incidents have been settled out of court. Any incident that occurs after SB 234 is signed into law is what we really need to have people report to the Florida Carry hotline at 850-270-7486

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Most, if not all, past incidents have been settled out of court. Any incident that occurs after SB 234 is signed into law is what we really need to have people report to the Florida Carry hotline at 850-270-7486

Now that the matter has been made subjective...

j4l

Well, the main point I was driving at-should have been more clear- is that it was claimed that these powerful lobbys against us (FRF/FSA/FPAA) were somehow able to bombard the Tally crowd with all kinds of stats/data...yet Im really at a complete loss as to what stats/data they could possibly have used. (especially the FRF. has there been some sudden rash of CC holders robbing liqour-stores we dont know of?)
Since there are NO cases of Open Carry problems-simply because we dont even have any OC. Since cases of CC-sourced crimes are nearly non-existant,etc..
what the hell stats were they coming up with that were able to convince law-makers to continue to screw us over? There's almost nothing for them to point to on thier side of the debate.

Last edited:

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
...it was claimed that these powerful lobbys against us (FRF/FSA/FPAA) were somehow able to bombard the Tally crowd with all kinds of stats/data...

Actually they did not even attempt to point to any stats or facts except one.
One sheriff made a feeble and misleading attempt to say that Florida would become one of 12 "gold star" open carry states. We debunked that immediately.

Here are some of the one-sheeter's we used attached.